Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack travel: monsters in the Void

Edgeless-Glow

2 hours ago, Edgeless-Glow said:

So something lives in the Void.

20210829184353_1.jpg

Whatever it is...I haven't found any references to it.

In Warhammer 40K, there is this creature called the void dragon. 

The Void Dragon, sometimes referred to as The Dragon, though its proper name is Mag'ladroth, is one of the few remaining C'tan, one of the Necron's star gods, in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Wouldn't be surprised if DE's void dragon is inspired by the Warhammer Void Dragon, as they have taken a lot of inspiration from W40K. 

In W40K, the idea of the void dragon awakening fully from its slumber is a truly terrifying prospect. 

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Dragon

Sorry, I'm just a W40K nerd and I am constantly finding inspirations and references, intended or not. 

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Neat! Thanks for sharing this. Worm or not, this Void Dragon looks so cool! 😻

Oooh. Now you see it closer it kind of looks like its made of ayatans. 

I think they gotta call it a Void Worm because Black Library probably already has Void Dragon Trademarked and they are zealous about copyright enforcement. 

They have quite a reputation... back in the day they tried to trademark "Space Marine" and after a lot of wasted time and money got told by the courts that it was too generic and they could go pound sand. So they came up with the totally made up "Adeptus Astartes" instead. 

34 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think they gotta call it a Void Worm because Black Library probably already has Void Dragon Trademarked and they are zealous about copyright enforcement. 

I think in this context it would be Wyrm, since that's apparently a class of dragon-type creatures. "Worm" just sounds like what you find in the soil under the garden, but "Wyrm" sounds more like a bada$$ fantasy creature. they may be pronounced the same, but in written form, appearances matter IMO.

either way it has a proper name, tubificid or soemthing. I'm just gonna call it Fred. Fred the Void Wyrm, who flies through the void doing.... Void Wyrmy things...

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

DE confirmed that its a worm not a dragon .

samuel-compain-eglin-tubificid-02.jpg?15

Its called Tubificid

In fairness, they could be messing with us, and it's a WYRM. The terms for 'Worm' and 'Dragon' have been historically intertwined.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I think in this context it would be Wyrm, since that's apparently a class of dragon-type creatures. "Worm" just sounds like what you find in the soil under the garden, but "Wyrm" sounds more like a bada$$ fantasy creature. they may be pronounced the same, but in written form, appearances matter IMO.

either way it has a proper name, tubificid or soemthing. I'm just gonna call it Fred. Fred the Void Wyrm, who flies through the void doing.... Void Wyrmy things...

That would make sense. 

It would be a clever way for it to still technically be mythologically a dragon type creature, without worrying about legal BS. 

I like the name Fred though. Now that I see him better he looks like a Fred. 

Archived