Why some weapons force energy colour?

Hi,

Why some weapons force an energy colour in it's elemental effects? There's any way to disable it and have the elemental effects the default colour? I'm speaking specifically of Tenora Prime and Mara Detron, that have "pink" and "yellow" energy colours respectively, applied to all elemental effects in it's default colour configurations. But I suspect other weapons have the same "issue".

I would prefer to have all my elemental effects in it's original colours that I see in old weapons, "orange-yellow" to heat, purple to radiation, "green" for corrosive-toxin and so on.

Also there's any way to disable custom energy colour from other players in my client? Some people use excessively bright energy colours to the point of hurting my eyes looking at it. Example, Bubonico and Nezha "fire trail" using white energy energy.

Thanks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blackdragonbird said:

Hi,

Why some weapons force an energy colour in it's elemental effects? There's any way to disable it and have the elemental effects the default colour? I'm speaking specifically of Tenora Prime and Mara Detron, that have "pink" and "yellow" energy colours respectively, applied to all elemental effects in it's default colour configurations. But I suspect other weapons have the same "issue".

I would prefer to have all my elemental effects in it's original colours that I see in old weapons, "orange-yellow" to heat, purple to radiation, "green" for corrosive-toxin and so on.

Also there's any way to disable custom energy colour from other players in my client? Some people use excessively bright energy colours to the point of hurting my eyes looking at it. Example, Bubonico and Nezha "fire trail" using white energy energy.

Thanks.

In options you have well option to disable all effects but not weapon specific

As for energy color if you ranked it to 30 and wasted forma on it to get 2nd energy color then thats all you can do

I wonder if this is related to an issue I noticed with Supra Vandal (and one other I don't remember atm). No matter what Energy colour I set (yes, forma'd and both colours changed on both Emissive and Energy). there's a glow that's cast on the floor and walls that is always blue, but only for me.

1 hour ago, Blackdragonbird said:

Why some weapons force an energy colour in it's elemental effects? There's any way to disable it and have the elemental effects the default colour? I'm speaking specifically of Tenora Prime and Mara Detron, that have "pink" and "yellow" energy colours respectively

I have never noticed this, my Mara Detron is outfitted with purple, and iirc, it works with what I give it. I don't know about default energy colours, though. You could "force" the coours you want via the customization, but you'd be limited to one dual-element if the colour is that important (not saying it's not important, I insist on mucking around with colours till I'm happy with it).

38 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I wonder if this is related to an issue I noticed with Supra Vandal (and one other I don't remember atm). No matter what Energy colour I set (yes, forma'd and both colours changed on both Emissive and Energy). there's a glow that's cast on the floor and walls that is always blue, but only for me.

I have never noticed this, my Mara Detron is outfitted with purple, and iirc, it works with what I give it. I don't know about default energy colours, though. You could "force" the coours you want via the customization, but you'd be limited to one dual-element if the colour is that important (not saying it's not important, I insist on mucking around with colours till I'm happy with it).

This is the point, I don't want to force a custom colour in my elements effects. I want the vanilla colours to be used. Even if I let some weapons without any kind of custom colour, everything vanilla, it still force a custom energy colour in the elemental effects. My Tenora Prime make everything pink, corrosive, fire, radiation, all pink, I want to disable the custom colour the weapon forces and let the elemental effects appear with is native vanilla colours.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

In options you have well option to disable all effects but not weapon specific

As for energy color if you ranked it to 30 and wasted forma on it to get 2nd energy color then thats all you can do

I don't understand what you mean with the last sentence. This is a issue caused by the 2nd colour slot? Or is another thing?

• Like 1

... Wouldn't leaving the Energy color completely untouched (in its original default color and not some color that a given player sees as "default") already keep elemental colors and effects completely and naturally untouched, unaffected and unyielding?

Even if I let some weapons without any kind of custom colour, everything vanilla, it still force a custom energy colour in the elemental effects

... Oh wait, he already tried it...

There are weapons that naturally (At least, I think that's what they do) apply that "custom color" to all visual status effects... I don't know, choose one that actually the least visually annoying? That's what I would do...

... Oh wait, I do that with every weapon...

Edited by Uhkretor
(At least, I think that's what they do)

This is the point, I don't want to force a custom colour in my elements effects. I want the vanilla colours to be used. Even if I let some weapons without any kind of custom colour, everything vanilla, it still force a custom energy colour in the elemental effects. My Tenora Prime make everything pink, corrosive, fire, radiation, all pink, I want to disable the custom colour the weapon forces and let the elemental effects appear with is native vanilla colours.

You've got me very curious, after the Nightwave reset, I'll see how it looks on my end with Mara Detron. I'll edit this post with results.

EDIT: Results:
Mara Detron performed exactly as OP describes. For some reason the yellow energy that is Mara Detron's default energy colour prevents the usual array of colours for status effects. Blast, Radiation, and Corrosive all got painted yellow. When I ran my recoloured one, the energy matched the proc colours.
Meanwhile, Battacor, with default energy colours gave the licks of orange for Fire and rings of blue for Magnetic (couldn't verify Radiation, even on one stack the beam was too strong for the level I ran).

So, for some reason there are weapons whose default energy colour doesn't use the default status colours. Imo, this needs to be straight corrected, default means default.

Edited by TheSixOfDiamonds
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackdragonbird said:

I don't understand what you mean with the last sentence. This is a issue caused by the 2nd colour slot? Or is another thing?

Like i said in 1st sentence
It will disable ALL EFFECTS and NOT ONLY weapon related
1qPXkIh.png

For 2nd sentence
After you rank up weapon to 30 and use forma on it then 2nd energy color will be available for you to use
And if you have it and use it and it still dont work like it should then other than reporting bug there is nothing more you can do

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I get the same thing for tenet livia, always blue energy no matter what

• Like 1

This is a pretty good idea. I think it would really help for the visual diarrhea that goes on during busy fights. I would definitely use that option to see only default colors. Even better would be to exclude or tone down only certain effects if it was available.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

You've got me very curious, after the Nightwave reset, I'll see how it looks on my end with Mara Detron. I'll edit this post with results.

EDIT: Results:
Mara Detron performed exactly as OP describes. For some reason the yellow energy that is Mara Detron's default energy colour prevents the usual array of colours for status effects. Blast, Radiation, and Corrosive all got painted yellow. When I ran my recoloured one, the energy matched the proc colours.
Meanwhile, Battacor, with default energy colours gave the licks of orange for Fire and rings of blue for Magnetic (couldn't verify Radiation, even on one stack the beam was too strong for the level I ran).

So, for some reason there are weapons whose default energy colour doesn't use the default status colours. Imo, this needs to be straight corrected, default means default.

Exactly. I have no idea if it's a bug or feature, but we need consistency. I noted it first time in my Dex Dakra, in Orbiter in the arsenal it shows the vanilla colours for the elemental effects in the blades, but in battle its all "purple-pink", them came Tenora Prime, "red-pink" energy in everything, the Tenet weapons all have a "white-blue" colour by default and last the Mara Detron I bought last Baro visit, everything "yellow" with this one.

If it's a bug, we need a fix, change the effects colour ONLY if I, the player, choose a custom colour to my energy, all weapons by default should have neutral colouring of the elemental effects, if it's a feature, please add some toggle in options to allow us to have all energy effects in it's natural vanilla colours if we prefer this way.

Also, like I asked earlier, allow us to disable custom energy colour for other players in my client, the option to reduce other players effects is not optimal, I want the gorgeous particles and visual effects, but don't want to burn my eyes with some energy colours combinations.

Some pictures to show what is happening:

Gas vanilla colour:

image.png

Mara Detron no custom colours but yellowish gas cloud:

image.png

image.png

Tenora Prime no custom colours but red-pink gas cloud:

image.png

image.png

Dex Dakra is even more inconsistente now. Modded for Heat and Corrosive, it shows the 2 effects colour in orbiter, 1 colour in simulacrum and when you hit enemies all effects are green:

image.png

image.png

Green flames:

image-2021-08-30-072347.png

Edited by Blackdragonbird
Adding pictures.