Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon sound mods

DerpFromAbove

Hello guys, hope I am posting in the right part of this forums

The idea are a couple of exilus mods for weapons that alter the shooting sound:

Specifically, one for semi-autos which changes the "bang!" to "Clem!", and for automatics to go "Grakatatatatatatatatatata!"

In my Clan's discord we had a little discussion and one particularly funny idea came up which I post here, hoping DE catches wind of it and implements it at some point 😉

... This isn't Borderlands 2 and the rest of its sequel.

Wait, no... let me think it over again...

... Ok, I can get behind this idea if the sound changes affect just, unequivocally, and only the player that equips them. I certainly wouldn't stay in a squad with THAT happening.

As a person who made sound mods for half life mods that used onomatopoeia in the day, I'd enjoy a stupid weapons sound change for WF if it was available. But it'll never happen sadly. As goofy as some stuff is in WF, sounds aren't a thing we'll really. The whole lotus voice packs would be a Godsend. Still waiting for UnGodly levels of positive reinforcement Lotus Hek....

If the sounds were only transformed for the person using the weapon (or if there was a "disable ally custom sounds" toggle in the options) - they sure, why not. Although I would suggest that this belongs on the appearance tab for the weapon, not the modding screen. Call them "auditory skins" and sell them for plat! Or even make it part of tennogen!

Would I personally use them? Unlikely! But I don't see a problem with having them as long as you can choose not to hear them!

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Uhkretor:

... This isn't Borderlands 2 and the rest of its sequel.

Wait, no... let me think it over again...

... Ok, I can get behind this idea if the sound changes affect just, unequivocally, and only the player that equips them. I certainly wouldn't stay in a squad with THAT happening.

Oh yeah, definitely agree, though I think it would be better to bury a checkbox in the settings that lets you hear the sound changes of your teammates if they have any. Turned off by default, of course.

Plus this wouldn't even be the first time we get exilus mods that only exist for the lolz. You know, Peculiar Bloom and Peculiar Growth

6 minutes ago, DerpFromAbove said:

Plus this wouldn't even be the first time we get exilus mods that only exist for the lolz. You know, Peculiar Bloom and Peculiar Growth

... Which clearly shows how much use they would globally have in the future...

... Maybe that's why DE didn't release any more Peculiar sh- - mods...

However, I do agree with

7 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

(...) I would suggest that this belongs on the appearance tab for the weapon, not the modding screen. Call them "auditory skins" and sell them for plat! Or even make it part of tennogen!

Would I personally use them? Unlikely! But I don't see a problem with having them as long as you can choose not to hear them!

15 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

This isn't Borderlands 2

Beat me to the punch...as soon as I read the thread I was like, "You mean like that one gun in Borderlands?"

15 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

But it'll never happen sadly.

I mean, it's still unlikely...but...like...the Peculiar mods exist.
Like many things in Warframe, they got added and forgotten, but there's hope one day they might add some more. Maybe a Peculiar Sound mod?...that...as others have said, will also provide the option to mute other player's peculiar sound mod...

Archived