Hydroid Revisit Idea

Tesseract7777

Passive: 

Bullet jumping turns Hydroid into water, taking 75% less damage from enemies while bullet jumping. If you keep bullet jumping you can keep this up kind of like how Wisp can keep up her invis.  

Rolling turns him into water as well, but instead of 75% damage reduction (as roll already has natural DR) it removes status effects and gives him 3 seconds of status immunity with a 4s cooldown. 

Tempest Barrage: 

Summons a bank of cannons that visibly appears in front of you and fires water cannons in a small area. This could lockdown one section while you fight elsewhere or contribute to damage, and the augment would be reworked to strip armor instead of just adding corrosive procs. No more hold to cast, but is recastable if you want to reposition. 

Tidal Surge: 

Instead of turning into water and flowing forward, Hydroid creates an actual Tidal Surge. Hitting it pushes it forward piling up enemies it picks up along the way, holding (2) would create a tidal surge in the incoming area that brings the tide IN and pulls them towards you. So similar to the Zephyr Airburst cc buff, where it can pull or push enemies as needed. Augment would remove stats effects from allies and give them temporary immunity if hit by the tidal wave so it's basically the same augment. 

Undertow: 

Bigger changes here. Instead of turning into water, Hydroid can create Undertow drowning pool(s) up to however many DE thinks would be balanced, even if only one at a time. While standing in the pool, Hydroid turns into a liquidy form where he looks like a watery and more fluid form of himself. While in this form, Hydroid has increased movement speed, parkour velocity, atttack speed, reload, etc. Turning into water makes him fluid and quick. Enemies instead of being submerged would only be partially submerged so you could still see their head and chests while they drown from taking tics of true damage, so you can aim better at eximus in the puddle and such. While in the liquidy form he will get damage reduction increased by ability strength capped at like 90% max of course. Then to encourage movement more, bullet jumping out of the puddle will allow Hydroid to keep the movement related buffs from the liquidy form for 50% of the remaining duration of the puddle. 

Augment would basically be the same. Allies would get heal over time from standing in the puddle, its just a puddle made BY Hydroid instead of Hydroid BEING the puddle. The fact is Hydroid being a puddle is simply too static for a kinetic game like Warframe, and like Sound Quake needs to be greatly redone to fit in the game. 

Tentacle Swarm: 

Go over Tentacle Swarm's AI to better work (and if it is supposed to, it doesn't work consistently in these ways): 

1) Actually grab enemies, instead of appearing in random places that don't make sense. 

2) Instantly disappear and grab another enemy as soon as one enemy is dead. 

3) Hold the enemies in place and squeeze them like a boa constrictor, instead of flailing around like the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tubeman while everyone who isn't using aoe abilities tries to hit the erratically moving target. They take more true damage the longer they are held as a sort of ramp up, as they are slowly squeezed to death. No more hold to casts, set amount or power strength increase amount as high as graphical limits can allow and balance can allow. 100 Energy cost, duration based but recastable. 

Augment remains the same, but would now work better because the enemies won't flail so wildly about. 

Also all abilities in the game including Hydroid's (if they are meant to do any meaningful damage) should scale with enemy level if they don't already, that's just a given imo. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hey at least that's better than liking nothing. 

And would probably be a better liked passive by most than slamming for a couple tentacles that don't scale. 

Definitely.  I feel like there are ways for DE to make his water form more interesting than a puddle that slowly drowns people or waits patiently at extraction.

The dodge and bullet jump changes you suggest are intriguing, and would probably be fun.

• Like 1

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

Definitely.  I feel like there are ways for DE to make his water form more interesting than a puddle that slowly drowns people or waits patiently at extraction.

The dodge and bullet jump changes you suggest are intriguing, and would probably be fun.

Hey even if the rest of the wild ideas I thought of while work was super slow today are trash, if it gives DE ideas for a decent passive(s) instead of the sad one we have now, that would be a win lol. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hey at least that's better than liking nothing. 

And would probably be a better liked passive by most than slamming for a couple tentacles that don't scale. 

Other frames have more than 1 passive. The least they could do is make the tentacle 100% with a chance for more than 1 tentacle up to maybe 3. Roll-surge should be reduce all damage by 90%, if they dont want to make him invulnerable.  

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

The tentacle limit for tentacle swarm should be removed, because it's CC ability is outclassed by other ultimate CC abilities. Tentacle swarm should work like this :

On Cast, a large puddle with X meter radius with the kraken's head on the center appears on the desired area. whenever enemies enter this large puddle area they are instantly grabbed by The Kraken's tentacles coming from the puddle. 

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

The Tidal Surge change to being a tap to Push and hold to Pull is actually interesting, all this time I've been thinking Surge should be separated from the forward dash.

While you suggest Hydroid being able to turn into water I feel Undertow could be used for this to let Hydroid move at x times his speed removing the energy/distance traveled so he can "Waveform" with or without immunity.

I honestly think the Drowning pools in Hydroid should be mostly scrapped, Hydroid already has enough area denial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Other frames have more than 1 passive. The least they could do is make the tentacle 100% with a chance for more than 1 tentacle up to maybe 3. Roll-surge should be reduce all damage by 90%, if they dont want to make him invulnerable.  

58 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The tentacle limit for tentacle swarm should be removed, because it's CC ability is outclassed by other ultimate CC abilities. Tentacle swarm should work like this :

On Cast, a large puddle with X meter radius with the kraken's head on the center appears on the desired area. whenever enemies enter this large puddle area they are instantly grabbed by The Kraken's tentacles coming from the puddle. 

49 minutes ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

The Tidal Surge change to being a tap to Push and hold to Pull is actually interesting, all this time I've been thinking Surge should be separated from the forward dash.

While you suggest Hydroid being able to turn into water I feel Undertow could be used for this to let Hydroid move at x times his speed removing the energy/distance traveled so he can "Waveform" with or without immunity.

I honestly think the Drowning pools in Hydroid should be mostly scrapped, Hydroid already has enough area denial.

You all have such great ideas and input. 

That's what I love about feedback and these forums and everything. Together we can brainstorm some awesome ideas and hypotheticals so whenever Pablo is going through the forums for inspiration he has great ideas. +1 to all of this. 

On 2021-08-29 at 11:37 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

That's what I love about feedback and these forums and everything. Together we can brainstorm some awesome ideas and hypotheticals so whenever Pablo is going through the forums for inspiration he has great ideas. +1 to all of this. 

I'm glad you are positive about this, there's genuine brainstorming and feedback that can be dished out and I'd like to ask anyone who thinks about an improvement that could be made for Hydroid or any Warframe (and technically any other aspect of the game) to actually come to the Forums and give your Feedback, here goes hoping that DE or atleast Pablo gets to see this topic.

• Like 1