Mods cross-over from melee weapon to Exalted Blade

69amz

Question

Just curious what mods cross over from a melee weapon (I've chosen Broken War) to Exalted Umbra Blade?

So far on Broken War build I have the following:

• Primed Pressure Point
  • Blood Rush
  • Berserker Fury
  • Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Condition Overload
  • Healing Return
  • Weeping Wounds

As I understand, the mods listed above do carry over, but I'd like confirmation before I commit to it.

My intent is to build a souped-up Excalibur Umbra who will survive for as long as possible whilst melting everything in his path.

8 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, ShasVa said:
  • Primed Pressure Point
  • Berserker Fury
  • Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Condition Overload
  • Healing Return

I don't think Gladiator set does, but you do need to confirm it, but I know for sure the rest does.

Obviously, the ones not present in that quote simply aren't even usable with Exalted Blade.

Edited by Uhkretor

I know Weeping Wounds isn't usable on Exalted Blade, but I was hoping that it and others might cross over to Exalted Blade if they're installed on the melee weapon (in this case, Broken War).

The warframe wiki also said (if I read it correctly) that the Gladiator mods do cross over, but can't be equipped directly on Exalted Blade itself.

Edited by ShasVa

56 minutes ago, ShasVa said:

I know Weeping Wounds isn't usable on Exalted Blade, but I was hoping that it and others might cross over to Exalted Blade if they're installed on the melee weapon (in this case, Broken War).

The warframe wiki also said (if I read it correctly) that the Gladiator mods do cross over, but can't be equipped directly on Exalted Blade itself.

im pretty sure mods equipped on your regular melee stopped affecting exalted blade since it became separately moddable..

except for:

gladiator mods can be equipped directly onto exalted blade and it will benefit from the set bonus, however you dont NEED to have gladiator mods equipped to exalted blade to benefit from the set bonus, so you can have gladiator rush, vice, and might equipped on your regular melee and their presence will contribute to the set bonus even when exalted blade is equipped

43 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

im pretty sure mods equipped on your regular melee stopped affecting exalted blade since it became separately moddable..

except for:

gladiator mods can be equipped directly onto exalted blade and it will benefit from the set bonus, however you dont NEED to have gladiator mods equipped to exalted blade to benefit from the set bonus, so you can have gladiator rush, vice, and might equipped on your regular melee and their presence will contribute to the set bonus even when exalted blade is equipped

I'm in-game right now, and I think I've confirmed what you said (the first part at least, as I don't have any Gladiator mods to test currently). Berserker Fury was on my Broken War but not my Exalted Blade. When I switched to the latter in combat, it no longer generated any Berserker Fury charges, much to my disappointment.

It's back to the planning board for me, before I go spending anything.

@(PSN)iuvenilis I'm aware of that now. I'm readjusting my build to compensate.

Edited by ShasVa

3 hours ago, ShasVa said:

Just curious what mods cross over from a melee weapon (I've chosen Broken War) to Exalted Umbra Blade?

So far on Broken War build I have the following:

• Primed Pressure Point
  • Blood Rush
  • Berserker Fury
  • Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Condition Overload
  • Healing Return
  • Weeping Wounds

As I understand, the mods listed above do carry over, but I'd like confirmation before I commit to it.

My intent is to build a souped-up Excalibur Umbra who will survive for as long as possible whilst melting everything in his path.

exalted weapons used to get bonuses based on the mods on melees but since the changed added in to allow you to mod your exalted weapons changed this.
only exalted ability to allow for mods to gives buffs is khoras whip which is an isn't considered an exalted ability due to it being a repeat cast ability

3 hours ago, ShasVa said:

I'm in-game right now, and I think I've confirmed what you said (the first part at least, as I don't have any Gladiator mods to test currently).

Just be aware that gladiator mods interact in a really weird way with exalted weapons.
Like, "definitely a bug that can sometimes ruin the function of the bonus" kinda weird.

Another thing to take into account is that the gladiator bonus works off combo multiplier, and exalted blade's energy waves dont gain combo.

The gladiator mods, as stated on the wiki, do carry over with their set bonus onto Exalted Blade. People used to run them on Deconstructer Prime until that was removed. However since your normal equipped melee weapon CAN benefit from the set bonus, that was left intact and not removed (This was DE's logic on the change).

I run a CO 2 element healing return exalted blade build while using the gladiator mods on my Skiajati as a "stat stick" for them, and Helminth'ed Xata's Whisper onto Umbra for a 3rd status proc to further boost CO. Throw Hunter Adrenaline into the mix for Energy Generation, Arcane Fury and Guardian, and Umbra is literally an unkillable blender for a good portion until level scaling finally catches up with him. For the majority of Steel Path however, it's absolutely viable and effective.

For my exalted blade, I run: Sacrificial Steel, Sacrificial Pressure, Fever Strike (Missing primed version), Shocking Touch (Innate emissive element is innate Heat, so combined I run Corrosive+Heat), Condition Overload, Healing Return, Berserker Fury and Organ Shatter.

Skiajati has the three Gladiator's mods (Rush, might and Vice).

Umbra himself runs: Steel Charge, Power Drift, Umbral Intensify/Fiber/Vitality, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Hunter Adrenaline, Furious Javelin (Big dmg increase from that) and Chromatic Blade. Guardian and Fury for arcanes as stated.

Helminth'ed ability replaces Slash Dash with Xata's Whisper (I really cannot overstate how awesome Xata's is on Exalted Weapons. The extra status without diluting your existing status pool is amazing).