Jump to content

How exactly does this ban work?


Recommended Posts

I’m confused on how this ban works, I refer to the ban issued for “endurance” runs. I’ve been playing this game a long time and luckily haven’t ran into it but have had people more recently that I know of run into it. So I’d like to understand how it works more. I know some of it with the trade ban is dependent on resources collected during mission (at least from what I gathered on other posts). And that there’s a time limit one as well, my only concern is if say im up playing one night after a hard days work, hop on wf play some then end up in fortuna, plains, or Deimos and accidentally fall asleep somewhere and then I wake up to my account being banned for a decade. I’d like to think that DE wouldn’t set something up like that but at the same time I don’t even know any more. So I’d like to understand this better, and I’ve tried to ask during the streams multiple times but it seems my questions still go unanswered. I know there’s a lot of comments from chat in the streams but I’d hate to lose the game I have spent the most time in after I’ve helped so many people learn the game and even grew in friendships and helped them personally. I’d hate to lose this community I’ve built on helping the player base with the friends I’ve met all due to something stupid like falling asleep in a mission one night. So if I could please get an answer I’d appreciate it. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Raptures Reaper said:

I’m confused on how this ban works, I refer to the ban issued for “endurance” runs. I’ve been playing this game a long time and luckily haven’t ran into it but have had people more recently that I know of run into it. So I’d like to understand how it works more. I know some of it with the trade ban is dependent on resources collected during mission (at least from what I gathered on other posts). And that there’s a time limit one as well, my only concern is if say im up playing one night after a hard days work, hop on wf play some then end up in fortuna, plains, or Deimos and accidentally fall asleep somewhere and then I wake up to my account being banned for a decade. I’d like to think that DE wouldn’t set something up like that but at the same time I don’t even know any more. So I’d like to understand this better, and I’ve tried to ask during the streams multiple times but it seems my questions still go unanswered. I know there’s a lot of comments from chat in the streams but I’d hate to lose the game I have spent the most time in after I’ve helped so many people learn the game and even grew in friendships and helped them personally. I’d hate to lose this community I’ve built on helping the player base with the friends I’ve met all due to something stupid like falling asleep in a mission one night. So if I could please get an answer I’d appreciate it. Thanks

Unless you do something that is a true exploit/cheat, all you should potentially be worried about are potential trade bans, where you aren't allowed to trade for a couple weeks because you tripped the overzealous automatic system and now DE wants two weeks to manually check your account to make sure you aren't actually cheating.

But if you are just playing normally, just play. If you get hit by an accidental trade ban temporarily you will get you trades back in no time if it really was you just doing well on endurance runs. Let it run out and move on, and just keep playing normally so they can see their is nothing suspciious., it is just their hair trigger code alerts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@(XBOX)Raptures Reaper

Only support can help you.

Go to this link https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=50894 only submit one ticket or it will take longer for DE to process.

Under Subject* Provide a brief description of your issue.

Under Description* explain what happened.

Under Category* select Account is Banned/Suspended

You may have to login into the helpdesk before seeing the above link page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trade bans don't result in the loss of account access unless you're found to actually be cheating. As well in all the times I've seen people get hit with one never has it been from a long mission alone but long missions with constant farming with farming frames (or get constantly lucky with Smeeta Charm procs).

So unless you're running 3+ hour defense missions with a farming squad you should be in the clear of seeing such a ban. And even if you do get hit with one it's an inconvenience at best with no longstanding consequences. Again unless you actually get caught cheating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trade Bans for playing the game is a temporary Trading restriction as a punishment for playing Endurance Missions and other things that Digital Extremes' system has determined is "outside of the normal Mission parameters". what this mainly means is acquiring something to your Account faster over a period of __ time than the game thinks is normal. and so you get restricted because of it.

it "only" affects Trading, and has no longterm repercussions, it's purely an automated system. in short yes, it very much is an automatic punishment for playing a very long Mission or for playing significantly more efficiently than normal.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Trade Bans for playing the game is a temporary Trading restriction as a punishment for playing Endurance Missions and other things that Digital Extremes' system has determined is "outside of the normal Mission parameters". what this mainly means is acquiring something to your Account faster over a period of __ time than the game thinks is normal. and so you get restricted because of it.

it "only" affects Trading, and has no longterm repercussions, it's purely an automated system. in short yes, it very much is an automatic punishment for playing a very long Mission or for playing significantly more efficiently than normal.

Nailed it.

And why does it work this way? Because Smeeta is apparently not allowed. It is shocking that DE has not fixed this yet. I hope someone at their office realizes this is insultingly poor game design.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There must be alot more going on than just "falling asleep" in a mission to get trade banned. You need to rack up insane mounts of loot in order to get the trade ban. Which is kinda hard to imagine would happen if you are indeed asleep since you are likely at that point running into a wall doing nothing.

This was a legit problem though when Steel Path released since the detection system wasnt updated to account for the natural increase in loot from Steel Path trash in addition to smeeta buffs and potential boosters. This ment you hit the ceiling early on if you used all of that and effectively looted everything like normal. For this to happen in normal missions or in steel path since the fixes you need some serious luck with your smeeta procs in addition to other things, and spend long periods of time in missions so those things can actually stack up to trigger the odd system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Nailed it.

And why does it work this way? Because Smeeta is apparently not allowed. It is shocking that DE has not fixed this yet. I hope someone at their office realizes this is insultingly poor game design.

It's been 5 years, but maybe one day (Copium).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This isn’t about just the trade ban I was meaning a ban in general. I just used a trade ban as an example. I was meaning specifically about an account ban if I pass out. I’m unsure why a few of my got banned as they didn’t get a clear response on what happened. I know they don’t hack or modify the game at all but maybe someone was in the squad that did, I’m not sure. I’m just wondering if I will be banned for simply falling asleep for a few hours in a mission. But one of your I think answered my question so thank you, hope y’all have a good one!

Edited by (XBOX)Raptures Reaper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Whilst I understand and empathise with wanting to be proactive and knowledgeable about the specifics of when and how bans are issued, I would say its also important to not get too hung up about abstract scenarios and hypotheticals. There is a system in place for people who get banned, trade banned, suspended etc lose items, experienced troubles and issues. Someone linked it earlier. The game has various tools in place to check info/accounts, some are automatic and some are manual.

The best thing we can do on our side, is be a little patient, practice clear and concise communication, try and not let our emotion or mood colour our communication in a negative way. Oh and don't assume the person on the other side is a mind reader or trying to rip you off. Such systems aren't perfect, so occasionally the game may/should accidentally screw up, but this is likely kept to a minimum (outside certain situations like when servers are overwhelmed leading to people not getting rewards etc) 

If you are falling asleep on random maps/missions (also I am assuming this is solo?) thats not going to be too suspicious in of itself. I would guess you have nothing to worry about. Just don't do that thing that some people do, when they say they do something thats a bit odd, whilst thinking that omitting certain information like... "oh yes, I fell asleep in public Steel Path Survival... I was Khora... I may or may not have a macro that helps me still collect resources... same diff right haha?"

Basically the game has ways to distinguish between suspicious behaviour and odd behaviour, and then it also has systems in place to make appeals. So if you are as sincere as your post is, and I do think it is, personally, in my opinion, you have nothing to be worried about or concerned. I don't know the people you know that were banned, but did they make appeals? Could they be poor communicators? Were they maybe downplaying or omitting important details? 

TL;DR version, don't worry about it, you are good. Certain Endurance runs if overly optimised likely trigger certain code that are different to falling asleep in a solo open world area. There are also ways to appeal when such things happen, and all of this is just in the off chance that you experience what is a very small unlikelihood in the first place anyways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Raptures Reaper said:

I was meaning specifically about an account ban if I pass out. I’m unsure why a few of my got banned as they didn’t get a clear response on what happened.

If you go afk you just stop getting rewards for the mission you're currently in after a relatively short timer.

Your friends probably got banned because they're cheating, lying, conniving little S#&$s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...