Why Veso(The Corpus Tech Guy) didn't wear corpus helmet?

ThompFox15

11 minutes ago, ThompFox15 said:

I have seen Veso, a corpus tech but I have a question. Why he didn't wear corpus helmet and why his suit also look like a standard crewman suit? I thought he have orange suit like ingame. 

They likely left the helmet off for the same reason Kahl's mask was off the majority of the scene...   To allow the character to more effectively show emotions and connect with the audience to build a bond such that the audience would "feel" the weight of the moment more.   

It's just better television.

• Like 17

It might also be the case that there are two different kinds of "techs" in-universe. One more suited for direct combat (the kind we see in missions), and another that is basically a civilian mechanic (which Veso-R would be).

Alternatively, he was just starting his shift immediately prior to the Sentient incursion, and wasn't able to reach his gear before the battle began.

• Like 2

Could have lost it in the carnage of the attack. 

We see Karl's armour is wrecked from the crash landing from the troop carrier, I can imagine Veso losing his helmet during a sentient volley hitting his ship.

The point about them being visible to convey emotion is a good one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

They likely left the helmet off for the same reason Kahl's mask was off the majority of the scene...   To allow the character to more effectively show emotions and connect with the audience to build a bond such that the audience would "feel" the weight of the moment more.   

Oh so it's for the appearance and emotions eh. Thx

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

It might also be the case that there are two different kinds of "techs" in-universe. One more suited for direct combat (the kind we see in missions), and another that is basically a civilian mechanic (which Veso-R would be).

Alternatively, he was just starting his shift immediately prior to the Sentient incursion, and wasn't able to reach his gear before the battle began.

Huh....never thought that, but does all corpus units wear standard issue suit? XD

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Could have lost it in the carnage of the attack. 

We see Karl's armour is wrecked from the crash landing from the troop carrier, I can imagine Veso losing his helmet during a sentient volley hitting his ship.

The point about them being visible to convey emotion is a good one.

Yeah...it's all for emotion thingy, I prefer if they showcase a proper Tech and speaking corpus languange but eh...I dont mind

• Like 2

it's a common trope to keep helmets off during dialogue where the character must show emotion etc.. but in a battlefield scenario, no, you NEVER want to take your helmet off, any protection for your noggin is better than none.

33 minutes ago, ThompFox15 said:

Huh....never thought that, but does all corpus units wear standard issue suit? XD

the design is similar, but not identical across different Corpus sub-factions. Elite Juno crewmen have Shi Armor on their orange suits, and the textures are a different design on Vapos crewmen from what I've seen. functionally they all likely work the same: limited protection from weapons, able to regulate body temperature and ensure the wearer survives in harsh climates. both Veso and Kahl wear standard coloured Crewmen/Lancer gear, but use different weapons from their standard counterparts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

Likely this one, considering his armament and permissions.

Combat Techs are outfitted usually with extremely high-output weaponry, usually either a Supra or an inexplicably full-auto Exergis, very high quality shields (250 base, using the superior proto shields) and substantial health. However, they're only outfitted with a single defensive shield drone. Veso, meanwhile, has a dinky self-defence Plinx, 150 shields like a default crewman, but has permissions to deploy multiple proxies support and utility proxies. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

The difference is that Kahl's mask was explicitly shown to get shot off, whole Veso seems to have just... decided to go to work without his helmet that day

• Like 2

18 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's a common trope to keep helmets off during dialogue where the character must show emotion etc.. but in a battlefield scenario, no, you NEVER want to take your helmet off, any protection for your noggin is better than none.

the design is similar, but not identical across different Corpus sub-factions. Elite Juno crewmen have Shi Armor on their orange suits, and the textures are a different design on Vapos crewmen from what I've seen. functionally they all likely work the same: limited protection from weapons, able to regulate body temperature and ensure the wearer survives in harsh climates. both Veso and Kahl wear standard coloured Crewmen/Lancer gear, but use different weapons from their standard counterparts.

Yeah.....what I mean is why Veso wear crewman suit instead Tech Suit

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Likely this one, considering his armament and permissions.

Combat Techs are outfitted usually with extremely high-output weaponry, usually either a Supra or an inexplicably full-auto Exergis, very high quality shields (250 base, using the superior proto shields) and substantial health. However, they're only outfitted with a single defensive shield drone. Veso, meanwhile, has a dinky self-defence Plinx, 150 shields like a default crewman, but has permissions to deploy multiple proxies support and utility proxies. 

Yea...why DE make he like that instead he can use ingame Tech gun and osprey would be proper

On 2021-08-30 at 9:19 AM, Corvid said:

Also, academics. See Latrox Une who also doesn't wear an enclosed helmet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

functionally they all likely work the same: limited protection from weapons, able to regulate body temperature and ensure the wearer survives in harsh climates.

They also have an underlayer that functions like powered armour, enhancing the wearer's strength. This is actually the reason given for why they're able to leap across gaps on some tiles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corvid said:

As far as I'm aware, Latrox Une is never referred to as a "tech".

Referred to as a scientist I believe. But, he does use the same weapon as the Corpus Tech and also uses a shield osprey like they do. Fair assumption that he is a Corpus tech I think.