Jump to content

Players who use default appearance on everything.....


 Share

Recommended Posts

Been noticing that some players tend to use the default look on their Warframes' and weapons' appearances.

Yes that means default colors, default idle animation, default everything. Imagine a bright blue wukong wielding a black kronen prime and the gray-green-ish hue of a toxin kuva nukor.

Not that I'm against it of course, it's still way better than players that dip their frames and weapons in a vat of melted crayons, and sometimes default frames and weapons looks can be very good, but does anyone have any idea why? I mean the better portion of the game for me has been me trying to make my frames look good as possible fitting to my taste. A good portion of my platinum spent has been on decorative accesories and deluxe skins. Some people even joke about and say that fashion frame is the true endgame. 

I just find them very interesting and they made me curious. Are these people speedrunning to MR30 or something? Or do they just can't be bothered to customize their equipments and just want to play the game without worrying about cosmetic appearances?

If you're one of these people, why? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

L1 here, I have a habit of taking default Excaliber and MK1 weapons to relays for lols.

My other frames are styled to some degree or other though.

I'd take default load outs over some of the eye bleeding inducing sights I've seen on my travels any day 😂😂

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Butterfly85 said:

L1 here, I have a habit of taking default Excaliber and MK1 weapons to relays for lols.

My other frames are styled to some degree or other though.

I'd take default load outs over some of the eye bleeding inducing sights I've seen on my travels any day 😂😂

I sometimes bring my "default" Excalibur (umbra but using the normal Excal appearance) on missions too and carrying my old Boltor to fissure missions to reminisce the time when I first started the game. Can be fun at times! But well my other frames are mostly tailored to the brim with accessories and edgy color patterns. I can't even go to a mission carrying a weapon with colors that don't match my frame's.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Usually can’t be bothered, though sometimes I’ll throw the “Randomise Colour” on and make a theme based on my mood at the time. Then eventually I’ll clean it all off, go with default for abit, then repeat

Randomise color can be a bit of a gamble sometimes, either they will find you a neat color scheme that you will use for your other frames too or it will temporarily blind your sight because of the horrifying sight of a meat colored frame. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Flannoit said:

Sometimes I use default warframe (like Nezha Deluxe) colors, but I usually copy those colors to weapons/etc so it matches still

I also like Nezha Deluxe's color scheme too. Heck even the normal Nezha Prime look is amazing, but yeah I always try to match my weapons colors to my frame's and I always use an idle stance, so that my frame looks fluid in movement and not having a hunched back posture all the time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Randomise color can be a bit of a gamble sometimes, either they will find you a neat color scheme that you will use for your other frames too or it will temporarily blind your sight because of the horrifying sight of a meat colored frame. 

wTFBcGh.png

As for idles, I currently use Garuda Noble for all the guy frames and Harrow Noble for all the girl frames. I need to get Harrow Agile for them.

Edited by Flannoit
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

As for idles, I currently use Garuda Noble for all the guy frames and Harrow Noble for all the girl frames. I need to get Harrow Agile for them.

You have a very interesting idea of customizing your frames. I like it.

Goddamit now I just can't stop giggling imagining a granny Wisp hunching sideways trying to compensate for her back pain. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

I just find them very interesting and they made me curious. Are these people speedrunning to MR30 or something? Or do they just can't be bothered to customize their equipments and just want to play the game without worrying about cosmetic appearances?

If you're one of these people, why? 

Because I cba to fashion frame with stuff I don't use that much.. So if I was ranking up a frame or a weapon before visiting a relay or open world hub, you'll see default colors and animations. Some frames have had the luxury of getting their deluxe skin or some TennoGen as long as they have a certain job to do like Forst for defence or Trinity for the rare occasion I play in a group. Also I'm not the type of person who changes the fashion constantly, once I've found look that I like it stays :D

Edit: typo

Edited by Leyvonne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a long I left everything at default. Part of it was sort of immersing in the aesthetics in the beginning, the way it was designed, that sort of look and feel. Another things is that not everything looks great in the basic colours available and customisation options are a bit of a money sink compared to practical options like slots (especially if you've not decided to commit to the game).

For my first few primes the design was so much better than the normal versions I was only tweaking the colour schemes slightly, re-shading everything, but keeping the overall balance the same. That I only did once they were maxed anyway.

Weapons I barely ever changed anything, yes a lot of those were throw-aways for MR so there wasn't any point and I didn't have many colours. Mostly I slightly tweak the colours on others where the designs don't look quite right, for example the Kuva-lich weapons are green-grey for some reason when they should really be inverse of the normal kuva style.

I have been doing more customisation recently, but nothing to extreme. I think that I'm probably trying to keep everything to that it still fits with the general aesthetics of the game so there's a lot of gold, sentient colour swaps from the Titanin/Limbo skins, and what would fit thematically with the 'frame.

zeph.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

You have a very interesting idea of customizing your frames. I like it.

Goddamit now I just can't stop giggling imagining a granny Wisp hunching sideways trying to compensate for her back pain. 

I hate how weirdly sexualized many of the idles are for girl frames (yes, that includes you, wisp, who has an animation where she mostly just shakes her butt...) and I wanted something flambouyant but still good looking, hence Garuda Noble over Mirage. (Since Mirage's animations are really awkward outside of Noble's blow-kiss) Also I love that Harrow is just a weird old man, hence why I want his agile for all the girls.

Originally only had Harrow Noble cos I was using it as fashion for my Chroma and Oberon like 2 years ago.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I hate how weirdly sexualized many of the idles are for girl frames

Yes, overall it's not as bad as some games, but it's still there. And these are war machines.

Edited by Edgeless-Glow
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Randomise color can be a bit of a gamble sometimes, either they will find you a neat color scheme that you will use for your other frames too or it will temporarily blind your sight because of the horrifying sight of a meat colored frame. 

Haha, yeah. I briefly ran around as a Frost Steak because of the randomise colour 😋. The apparent weight of his trenchcoat as it moved around helped sell the impression

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Edgeless-Glow said:

Yes, overall it's not as bad as some games, but it's still there. And these are war machines.

And then you have ones that just look... Awful. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Khora's Urushu animations...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Been noticing that some players tend to use the default look on their Warframes' and weapons' appearances.

Yes that means default colors, default idle animation, default everything. Imagine a bright blue wukong wielding a black kronen prime and the gray-green-ish hue of a toxin kuva nukor.

Not that I'm against it of course, it's still way better than players that dip their frames and weapons in a vat of melted crayons, and sometimes default frames and weapons looks can be very good, but does anyone have any idea why? I mean the better portion of the game for me has been me trying to make my frames look good as possible fitting to my taste. A good portion of my platinum spent has been on decorative accesories and deluxe skins. Some people even joke about and say that fashion frame is the true endgame. 

I just find them very interesting and they made me curious. Are these people speedrunning to MR30 or something? Or do they just can't be bothered to customize their equipments and just want to play the game without worrying about cosmetic appearances?

If you're one of these people, why? 

Never changed my stance on any frame L1 here
Yet im here to play the game and not stand idle or look on other players and you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I hate how weirdly sexualized many of the idles are for girl frames

Odd... Banshee, Equinox, Hildryn, Mag, Mesa, Nova, Nyx, Octavia, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr and Zephyr/Deluxe (which is more than half of them) don't have any sexualised idles. Ember has one, which is the dual pistol 'hands above head and stretch' one, but the majority is normal, and while Gara's stance in most of the idles is feminine, the actual idles are uni-sex. Ivara crouches all the time, so there's something to be said about hips and butt, except all of them are just generic 'hunter' idles, and Protea's are feminine, but just active with her gear. Titania Prime floats and spins, but they're hardly sexual idles, more 'I'm a pretty fairy'.

So that leaves Wisp, Garuda, Mirage Deluxe, Khora and Yareli.

I think you have way more choice than you'd think.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tend to spend a questionable amount of time customizing and playing around with colour combos, For me it doesn't matter what mission type it is, if i like a fashion i've done for a frame i use it on all until i get bored of it and try another frame

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AzureScion said:

Been noticing that some players tend to use the default look on their Warframes' and weapons' appearances.

Yes that means default colors, default idle animation, default everything. Imagine a bright blue wukong wielding a black kronen prime and the gray-green-ish hue of a toxin kuva nukor.

Not that I'm against it of course, it's still way better than players that dip their frames and weapons in a vat of melted crayons, and sometimes default frames and weapons looks can be very good, but does anyone have any idea why? I mean the better portion of the game for me has been me trying to make my frames look good as possible fitting to my taste. A good portion of my platinum spent has been on decorative accesories and deluxe skins. Some people even joke about and say that fashion frame is the true endgame. 

I just find them very interesting and they made me curious. Are these people speedrunning to MR30 or something? Or do they just can't be bothered to customize their equipments and just want to play the game without worrying about cosmetic appearances?

If you're one of these people, why? 

Because that's the canon appearance.

Pink Rhino with butterfly wings and Titania animations doesn't exist in-universe. That's a player thing, and it breaks immersion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flannoit said:

wTFBcGh.png

As for idles, I currently use Garuda Noble for all the guy frames and Harrow Noble for all the girl frames. I need to get Harrow Agile for them.

I can't stop laughing at Eminem's face. he looks so traumatized by Lady Gaga :crylaugh: 

"I'm not afraid to take a stand... unless it's against Lady Gaga"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to customize, but it mostly falls back on using 4 themes, blood, fire, death and ice (sounds like the name of a Bathory song heh). My wiminz are all using either Gara or Octavia noble animations.

I have a couple frames that dont follow that. My Gara and Mesa are swedeframes, with blue, yellow and "high" gold, Titania is bugged out with green, orange and black, Inaros is Thousand Sons themed, Grendel is a Plague Marine, Banshee is a bit irish, Nova is a walking piece of licorice/strawberry hard candy, Mag is Magneto, Vauban is camoed up, Atlas is a mountainside and my Zephyr colors were inspired by Starscream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...