Jump to content

Players who use default appearance on everything.....


 Share

Recommended Posts

I never really cared about cosmetics in games until recently. Other people are probably the same and don't want to spend the time and plat to get cosmetics yet, or they just are actual game players and care more about progressing through the game. 

It's the game and the items that matter, cosmetics never do actually matter, kinda like how people only care if their car can run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played thousands of hours and spent no time in changing colours and appearance in general. The only thing i did was using a skin that was gifted to me (due to respect) and  occasionally, i  adapt weapon colours to fit the colours of the warframe. Thats it. It's just no game content for me.

In generally, i like how the warframes look. Most of them have a special thema going on and i don't want to change what a designer thought looks good and fit to it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using default warframe color schemes can be understandable. I like how a lot of them look, like some prime frames (Mesa, Wukong, Nezha, etc) and sometimes I do sport their default look because I enjoy them. But at least I always have a idle stance on, no matter it be a Rhino using Gara stance or Nyx using Harrow stance. 

What I'm curious about is how the people I'm talking about don't even bother to change their idle stance to their default frame stance. I guess maybe they just like the default slightly hunched bland idle stance, idk. 

Also at the very least I match my weapons colors to the frames color which can be done within a press of a button, but yeah some just go with whatever color the default is. Like I said, imagine blue-red wukong with black-gold Kronen sheathed and a grey-green kuva nukor hanging on their waist. I find it rather..... weird. 

Oh also another thing they also tend to have the default sigil - the gray colored lotus symbol one. I mean seriously.. I'm not trying to dictate how other people have fun but I just can't grasp how they enjoy the game. Which is why I was wondering if they were speedrunning through the game all the way to MR30 or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Using default warframe color schemes can be understandable. I like how a lot of them look, like some prime frames (Mesa, Wukong, Nezha, etc) and sometimes I do sport their default look because I enjoy them. But at least I always have a idle stance on, no matter it be a Rhino using Gara stance or Nyx using Harrow stance. 

What I'm curious about is how the people I'm talking about don't even bother to change their idle stance to their default frame stance. I guess maybe they just like the default slightly hunched bland idle stance, idk. 

Also at the very least I match my weapons colors to the frames color which can be done within a press of a button, but yeah some just go with whatever color the default is. Like I said, imagine blue-red wukong with black-gold Kronen sheathed and a grey-green kuva nukor hanging on their waist. I find it rather..... weird. 

Oh also another thing they also tend to have the default sigil - the gray colored lotus symbol one. I mean seriously.. I'm not trying to dictate how other people have fun but I just can't grasp how they enjoy the game. Which is why I was wondering if they were speedrunning through the game all the way to MR30 or something.

It is warframe. I do not idle. And when i idle i am afk and do not see the stance. I did forgot that there is something like an idle stance at all. Where can i change it?

You mean that icon? Yeah. I am MR28 and still have that grey lotus thingy running. I like it.

I find it funny how you base fun and enjoyment on the avatar looking good and you transfer that to others and then question it when they don't play like you. Other players just have different priorities.
Excluded are players with colorful warframes whose weapons do not match. These are monsters. I agree with you there. 🤨

 

Edited by DragonFox16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Using default warframe color schemes can be understandable. I like how a lot of them look, like some prime frames (Mesa, Wukong, Nezha, etc) and sometimes I do sport their default look because I enjoy them. But at least I always have a idle stance on, no matter it be a Rhino using Gara stance or Nyx using Harrow stance. 

What I'm curious about is how the people I'm talking about don't even bother to change their idle stance to their default frame stance. I guess maybe they just like the default slightly hunched bland idle stance, idk. 

Also at the very least I match my weapons colors to the frames color which can be done within a press of a button, but yeah some just go with whatever color the default is. Like I said, imagine blue-red wukong with black-gold Kronen sheathed and a grey-green kuva nukor hanging on their waist. I find it rather..... weird. 

Oh also another thing they also tend to have the default sigil - the gray colored lotus symbol one. I mean seriously.. I'm not trying to dictate how other people have fun but I just can't grasp how they enjoy the game. Which is why I was wondering if they were speedrunning through the game all the way to MR30 or something.

Personally, long as I got my options to approach a fight how I will, fashion tends to fall to the wayside since I’m too focused on the fight 👍 (sometimes it’s nice to look interesting while fighting, but I prefer the fight over the fashion)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't change the colors on a frame I just received because I'm not sure if they will be in my rotation of playable frames. Once I've mastered the frame, then I make that decision and change the colors to my liking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I personally enjoy challenging other players' eyeballs and make Ordis' sensors bleed pleased with weird fashion frame choices (Sailor Nezha says hi!), I get it that not everyone enjoys playing dress-up.  If they don't care about it and haven't collected many color palettes, then why would they waste time fiddling with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1600h and I only ever bothered to pimp up my Octavia last May. Fashion frame is vanity, in terms of gameplay is useless, and a good portion of players play the game for the gameplay and mechanics. 

Also there's a thing called taste, and it changes from people to people. Some bother to try to look cool inside a virtual world made of pixels and fantasy, others not. Simple as that I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two most obvious reasons are that palettes cost plat (yes, you can get some decent free ones, but...) And stuff you can do with free colours is limited, defaults often look better. Or the frame is destined for helminth and weapons for deletion anyway, so...

I personally  often actually like default colours, so, while I customize them some, they end up being close to the originals anyway.

 

Edited by nebfab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started playing this year. Vanilla is best flavor 😁

Like some said Im usually satisfied with the colors the design team has chosen, the imersion aspect and sometimes I change tipo get bored and go back to default aesthetic. Weapon painting is even rarer for me to do. The stance thing Ive discovered at Mr 21 lol

Edited by MakotoSmile
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me. If I have a full on default frame with no customization. Then it means I don't care about the frame. I use them a couple times here and there but I don't like the frame or item enough to even hit "random" on it.

The frames I like, I'll add colors to them and I'll match the weapons I like to the frame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I usually change the default a bit but I'm not really into playing dressup much, when I log on I want to shoot things. I change the colours to my liking usually but I don't really spend a lot of time worrying about it, I haven't even looked at most of the cosmetic stuff I have earned so far.

 

If I could, I'd deck them all in some kind of prismatic camo that changed with the tileset or just flat out disguise myself as a grineer/corpus etc, or wear a humble hood and cloak until it was time to be a space ninja, my preference would be to not stand out at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, AzureScion said:

If you're one of these people, why? 

I use default Yareli, default Gauss, and default colors on some Deluxe Skins. Because I can't think of anything better. Remember that all of the default Warframes are designed to look good, and sometimes we don't want to mess with that

Oh, and weapons I never bother changing the look of. I see no reason to paint my guns, why freaking bother?

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DragonFox16 said:

It is warframe. I do not idle. And when i idle i am afk and do not see the stance. I did forgot that there is something like an idle stance at all. Where can i change it?

You mean that icon? Yeah. I am MR28 and still have that grey lotus thingy running. I like it.

I find it funny how you base fun and enjoyment on the avatar looking good and you transfer that to others and then question it when they don't play like you. Other players just have different priorities.
Excluded are players with colorful warframes whose weapons do not match. These are monsters. I agree with you there. 🤨

 

Well yeah apologize for getting a little bit too aggressive there. I just didn't expect some people to actually like the default stuff, like, there are a lot of customization options, I wasn't expecting people to not get tempted and overwhelmed (I know I did) by the sheer amount of available customization options or by the thought of dressing up their frames or even just as much as putting a new sigil after using the grey one for a long while. 

Hey at least they're not throwing buckets of all sorts of paints over their warframes and proceed to torture people with them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

I use default Yareli, default Gauss, and default colors on some Deluxe Skins. Because I can't think of anything better. Remember that all of the default Warframes are designed to look good, and sometimes we don't want to mess with that

I also use default Yareli. Her color palette is just too nice and I couldn't really fit any other colors on her. The coloring pattern is weird. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AzureScion said:

but does anyone have any idea why?

There was a time when I kept my Mesa's color close to default because I liked the color scheme, but after a while I changed it because I have this need to customize everything.

Like, when DE added the option to recolor our HUD, I basically celebrated my birthday early. I always wanted to change those colors.

 

I think there are multiple reasons why people do this, but the most likely reason is simply because they like the color scheme.

For example, default Ember Prime looks decent, but default Hyldrin is absolutely horrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the default on Nidus and then the Tenno 2 color picker to color all of my infested items to match, its already a perfect coloration for the frame and his infested bits. Those colors are the default for the Helminth charger too as well as the infested orbiter deco coming with Nidus prime access.

So in short... I like it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If a frame's design sucks but it's abilities are great, im not touching it.

If a frame's design rocks, but abilities suck, i aint touching it either.

It needs to have both of those for me to work.

Baruuk and Chroma for example. Great abilities, horrible aesthetics (for me). Great design, horrible abilities (again, for me), respectively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...