Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy edge case frustration

RealPandemonium

If you're going too fast or are too slidey when when starting a hacking attempt, your warframe will move past the console as the hack begins and the hack will automatically fail as you are no longer in range to interact with the console.  It would be nice if hacking instantly arrested your movement so that I don't fail Spy missions because my warframe is too fast and I forgot to slow down before engaging the console.

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

It would be nice if hacking instantly arrested your movement so that I don't fail Spy missions because my warframe is too fast and I forgot to slow down before engaging the console.

The Consoles were doing that but for some reason the grip weakened in the past few updates. I have been having issues where my frame would suddenly slip over the consoles in case of grineer spy missions and i would get a fail because of it.

56 minutes ago, Roswell5151Qc said:

I never have trouble when I slide until hacking attemps. ^^

Maybe your technique is just better than ours is... 🤔

In my case The Issue gets triggered because I'm still holding down the crouch button when I activate the Console... 

il y a une heure, Lutesque a dit :

Maybe your technique is just better than ours is... 🤔

In my case The Issue gets triggered because I'm still holding down the crouch button when I activate the Console... 

exactly, my technic is better than your, I'm fast and good follow the good instruction. ^^

Before being good, I'm not good XD

Sliding directly into the console will generally work fine, but any kind of angle or decreased friction (or increased slide stats) make this a common issue. Considering it also runs the "disconnection" animation as if you'd canceled the hack, there's a sizeable delay before you can even go in and try the hack again. It seems a silly thing to enforce when mobility and sliding is such an intrinsic part of the movement system in Warframe.

Archived