Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I be doing?

Ikusi_Prime

I feel like I've hit a wall with Warframe. I'm MR 19, been playing for years, but I can't seem to get in the groove anymore. Most days I play, I'll just sign on, play a mission or two, maybe do a Sortie or Arbitration, then log off. 

How should I be investing my time? Rivens/Kuva? Liches/Sisters? Railjack? The Steel Path? Relic farming?

I just don't know where my attention should be focused anymore.

19 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

How should I be investing my time? Rivens/Kuva? Liches/Sisters? Railjack? The Steel Path? Relic farming?

Any of those activities you particulary like? If so, do that. If not, there's plenty other games;-)

I play when i feel like it. I log in every day, do a relic mission, sortie, arbitration or Steel Path alert or two. If there's something i want i do a couple of missions to farm it. Or i just get my Daily login reward, close WF and play Hades;-)

If you want to play WF, try to do a list of things you want. Then, try to get them in most efficient way possible. I don't mean speedrunning everything (unless you want to) but rather doing couple things at the same time. Eg. I mostly do voidstorms instead of standard fissures- i can open relics, get intrinsics, holokeys and quickly level my equipment. And possibly do some nightwave challenges in the process.

Before you sign in, ask yourself this: do I want to play Warframe now?  From reading your post, it sounds like the answer is likely no.

At present, I'd guess that Warframe is more of a habit for you than something you're actually enjoying.  You sign in, hoping to find stimulation, then you log out having failed to find what you're missing.  If this explanation vibes with you, then I'd recommend taking a break from Warframe.  Play other games, or do something that's not games.

The next time you turn on Warframe, it should be because you feel like you genuinely want to play Warframe; that's how you'll know that your burnout is over.

It's a sandbox . If your done playing with sand, get out. 

At MR19, there's a lot of gear you have left to level and max. That's the main thing Warframe is about. If you're not interested in that, then you're pretty much at the end of the rope.

When I had a burnout period, I just started a solo clan. It gave me a reason to farm and log in, and also gave me a break from the daily grind. 

54 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

I feel like I've hit a wall with Warframe. I'm MR 19, been playing for years, but I can't seem to get in the groove anymore. Most days I play, I'll just sign on, play a mission or two, maybe do a Sortie or Arbitration, then log off. 

Dont listen to other posters here they all are wrong

I tell you what should be your path
Make plat and give it to me make me rich for the glory of ... damn im already rich so maybe why dont you try to get to L1?

Is that bad for a goal to accomplish?

Have you tried Steel Path, Liches/Sister, Railjack? If not, give it a go. If you have tried everything and the game doesn't interest you, move on for a bit, do something else.

I love the core gameplay/mechanics of Warframe, but a few years ago I stopped playing, simply because there was no challenge anymore, nothing to pique my interest. I came back with Steel Path being introduced and went through some of the other things in the game I missed (Lich/Sisters hunts, Railjack sans the bugs it had at the start). Sometimes I just log on to try new weapons/loadouts, but eventually I will move away to something else and check back in for events or if an actual challenge is available in the game again.

Whatever you still find fun in the game. I tend to set goals or things to focus on. 

I do the easier steel path incursions daily, then nightwave, check the sortie and see if its missions I can be bothered with. That's my standard stuff.

Then its onto whatever I'm focusing on, which is a combo of syndicate missions for medallions and get standing ready for the next prime release, finish hunting down the last couple of colours for the dojo. Next on that list is finish off Fortuna cknservation list for the emblem as I recently got the Plains one.

Of course if a quest or new stuff comes out I focus on that. Some days I just go 'ehh', log in, set the next forma building then go play something else. Nothing wrong with that either.

imagine something you think might be fun and try it. if nothing at all in warframe is fun,. then you just need to take a break from it and try another game instead. there's still some weapons and other gear you could try to go for, or builds you could make, but you should only do that if you have the energy.

now wouldn't be a bad time to take a break as your interest may be restored once Nidus Prime is out or when Plague Star returns, and you'll be in the mood for it.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

your interest may be restored once Nidus Prime is out or when Plague Star returns

They said in the last devstream that they'll keep us alerted for when NidusP will come out, wasn't it supposed to be with Plague Star?

48 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

They said in the last devstream that they'll keep us alerted for when NidusP will come out, wasn't it supposed to be with Plague Star?

Yes, if Gara Prime Access ended on Sept 8th, Nidus Prime also arrives on Sept 8th.

14 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Yes, if Gara Prime Access ended on Sept 8th, Nidus Prime also arrives on Sept 8th.

That's my guess yeah, it's just how they worded it in the devstream: "Plague Star coming September 8th", but "We'll tell you when NidusP Access will be out"

Get away from here and do something else with your life, wether it be playing other games or doing something more constructive.

Not a single reason to stick around if you feel that way. Come back when you feel hyped about farming new weapons, syndicates, etc, but if you're not hyped about it to begin with, no guideline we could give you would make the game better for you.

Like it's already been stated, if you're feeling heavily burned out then it's time to uninstall and go do other things for a few months, maybe even a year or two. 

Personally been doing that since the day I started and it's what helps keeps the game from ever getting stale.

On 2021-08-30 at 6:53 PM, Ikusi_Prime said:

Congratulations... You've reached "End Game".... Now it's time to make your own fun.... There's Collecting All The Shinies... Completing The Codex.... Becoming the Tenno of Wall Street... Fashion Frame.... Etc...

On 2021-08-30 at 6:53 PM, Ikusi_Prime said:

You just have to dive into whatever you're most curious about....

On 2021-08-30 at 6:59 PM, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

There is a distinct possibility that maybe that isn't playing Warframe.

Pretty Much 👍 !!!

Archived