Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about how to behave with misuse of chat

(PSN)poima1969

Tonight I logged and, trying to find someone to play with, I saw that the whole Recruitment Chat was going anywhere but close to the reason it was created. I understand that you can't expect serious action to be taken against someone that does a mistake once or twice asking questions in said chat or makes a joke but I had between the two and the four players who were having a good time chatting about kisses and blind dates. There was a point were one of them sent 8 messages in a row, plus the numbers were adding up and I couldn't find any serious message of someone looking for/ hosting a team without having to scroll up quite a bit. I ended up reporting that player for spam, explaining my reasons in the blank writable space of the report. Eventually, the guy stopped writing and everything came back to normal. I was wondering if there's some other way of reporting misuse of chat outside the spam report since I know they are taken pretty seriously

14 minutes ago, (PSN)poima1969 said:

Tonight I logged and, trying to find someone to play with, I saw that the whole Recruitment Chat was going anywhere but close to the reason it was created. I understand that you can't expect serious action to be taken against someone that does a mistake once or twice asking questions in said chat or makes a joke but I had between the two and the four players who were having a good time chatting about kisses and blind dates. There was a point were one of them sent 8 messages in a row, plus the numbers were adding up and I couldn't find any serious message of someone looking for/ hosting a team without having to scroll up quite a bit. I ended up reporting that player for spam, explaining my reasons in the blank writable space of the report. Eventually, the guy stopped writing and everything came back to normal. I was wondering if there's some other way of reporting misuse of chat outside the spam report since I know they are taken pretty seriously

I didnt see whole situation i am unsure if i understand what you wrote
But if i do then what happened was someone spammed the chat?

If so i wonder what prevented you just to ignore that person? well if you was able to report that person i believe ignore option was right next to it

So after you reported that person what more did you need?
Because i think your problem was solved or could be solved at least if you ignore that person

And even if you send screenshots to support it would not mean instant chat ban for that person

So in the end what was the initial problem? Chat spam or your inability to report that person even harder? 

And well other then screenshots sent to support there is nothing more any1 can do
But i believe when you report someone via right clicking said person name support sees chat log so whats the point of going beyond?

43 minutes ago, (PSN)poima1969 said:

I'm not aware of anything more you could have done in terms of reporting (so I'll keep an eye on the thread for constructive replies as well) and personally, I'd probably advise the player that the room he/she is in, is there for a specific purpose other than general chat, prior to reporting, in the event he/she didn't know. 

Should it continue, I would likely have taken the same action. It seems it would be the appropriate approach to be taken by a member of the community, in order to prevent more of such events occurring.

Archived