Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current state of Steel Essence is horrible.

psycedelic

When will Arbitrations Steelpath version come?
Drones drop steel essence instead, steel essence as rotation reward and acolytes will be there as well.

And please fix so that acolyte spawn in Lua Disruption steelpath...
Went a mission there before... 1½ hour without a single Acolyte.

When will we get Steel path:
-fissures
-railjack
-syndicate missions
-sorties
-invasion missions
-kuva siphons
-nightmare missions

I'm pretty sure all i'm missing is the "maro ayatan statue" mission and "help clem".

Seriously, steel path is awesome and i want to play it, but i need more reason then just "steel essence -> kuva", fissures at the very least.

7 minutes ago, psycedelic said:

When will Arbitrations Steelpath version come?
Drones drop steel essence instead, steel essence as rotation reward and acolytes will be there as well.

And please fix so that acolyte spawn in Lua Disruption steelpath...
Went a mission there before... 1½ hour without a single Acolyte.

Yo there
adIzWpH.png

1 minute ago, Joezone619 said:

When will we get Steel path:
-fissures
-railjack
-syndicate missions
-sorties
-invasion missions
-kuva siphons
-nightmare missions

I'm pretty sure all i'm missing is the "maro ayatan statue" mission and "help clem".

Seriously, steel path is awesome and i want to play it, but i need more reason then just "steel essence", fissures at the very least.

There is not soo much more in this game then resources, kuva and some prime parts that you really need.

Sure add so that you get parts from things you dont have collected so when spamming this you slowly fill out our your items/frames/pets etc just by playing 1 kind of mission

So, let me see if I understood this.

You went to farm Steel Essence in a Disruption. 

Acolytes are set to spawn every 4 minutes in those endless types and in 7 minutes or so everywhere else.

Instead of getting out as soon as you noticed something was wrong, you went for 1 and a half hours instead.

And now you want them to fix this (asking for bugfix here in General Discussion, I will add) and add even easier means to get Steel Essence?

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Yo there
adIzWpH.png

ye nice farm you got there half a billion, 24k plat, 4k ducats and 10mil endo.
Casual player with fam - current steel essence farm is horrible. 
I like then i got enter a game ~1h and kill eximus units and get ~200 or more steel essence, if that is not an option.
1h steel path arby to have SE on rotation reward and drones dropping it and acolytes in the game = that would be fun.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

So, let me see if I understood this.

You went to farm Steel Essence in a Disruption. 

Acolytes are set to spawn every 4 minutes in those endless types and in 7 minutes or so everywhere else.

Instead of getting out as soon as you noticed something was wrong, you went for 1 and a half hours instead.

And now you want them to fix this (asking for bugfix here in General Discussion, I will add) and add even easier means to get Steel Essence?

lol no, i was not there just to farm acolytes. was mainly there to farm lua lens bps  and somantic fibers and noticed that acolytes never spawned.

The current SE aquisition benefits casual playstyle. Boot a fast mission, kill a lot (because they work like the juggernaut now, if you don't kill enough they won't appear), spawn the acolyte, kill the acolyte, complete the mission, repeat. The last time I was farming SE I was also looking for Kurias, so I booted any mission and they spawned fairly consistently if I killed enough

15 minutes ago, psycedelic said:

ye nice farm you got there half a billion, 24k plat, 4k ducats and 10mil endo.
Casual player with fam - current steel essence farm is horrible. 
I like then i got enter a game ~1h and kill eximus units and get ~200 or more steel essence, if that is not an option.
1h steel path arby to have SE on rotation reward and drones dropping it and acolytes in the game = that would be fun.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I don't necessarily agree with OP, but I agree with this rebuttal even less.  All it shows is that you have a lot of stuff, devoid of any context that might make your possession of it relevant.

Dont look on my plat credits or any other crap only on SE

Believe or not
What you see there is O N L Y from SP alerts - I even dont wait for acolytes to spawn nor do i wait if someone at extraction ask for it
I NEVER EVER farmed acolytes
I just happen not to waste SE on kuva

So is the problem with how much SE we get (remember i never farmed acolytes)
Or maybe problem is in how much SE you care to waste?

Cause i basically bought all teshin had to offer and from that point on i was just collecting umbra forma
So?

42 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

The current SE aquisition benefits casual playstyle. Boot a fast mission, kill a lot (because they work like the juggernaut now, if you don't kill enough they won't appear)

hmm, this can not be right I just did all three of my nightwave spy missions killed no one and the acolyte spawned each and every time

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Yo there
adIzWpH.png

A timer based resource that gives players no agency or control over their efficiency is quite boring, especially when said time is varied from mission to mission. You can do the same Mot SP Survival for 2 hours with the same loadout without a Smeeta Kavat and get different returns by the time 120 minutes rolls around.

unknown.png

Still a poor system imo.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

What you see there is O N L Y from SP alerts - I even dont wait for acolytes to spawn nor do i wait if someone at extraction ask for it
I NEVER EVER farmed acolytes
I just happen not to waste SE on kuva

So is the problem with how much SE we get (remember i never farmed acolytes)
Or maybe problem is in how much SE you care to waste?

Cause i basically bought all teshin had to offer and from that point on i was just collecting umbra forma
So?

I think that's mathematically impossible given the number of SP alerts and how long they've been around. You almost surely did a Khora eximus farm on SP like so many of us did. Do me a favour, take a screenshot of your riven slivers. That will give us a good idea of how much you farmed SP alerts. I had 6k steel essence at one point but bought myself enough secondary/primary adapters to arcane every weapon i own (which is every weapon in WF). I just recently finished reforma'ing and remodding/equipping arcanes in my entire arsenal, It cost me around 4k steel essence, not a terrible amount. No paltry sum by todays farming standards though. If i hadn't abused the old farming system I definitely would be in a deficit right now.

honestly, I wouldn't bank on any steel essence improvements, but I do wish acolytes would spawn more consistently. sometimes they don't show after 5 or even 10 mins like they're supposed to. personally I'd like it if they just appeared once the main mission objective is complete: then players can choose to fight them or run straight to extraction, instead of waiting around for however long.

as for the amounts it's possible to go from 0 to 150 for an umbra forma in 6 days, so it's really not that bad if you're dedicated. having more would make things easier, but DE wants to keep it a rare resource, so chances are it'll remain as it is.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

A timer based resource that gives players no agency or control over their efficiency is quite boring, especially when said time is varied from mission to mission. You can do the same Mot SP Survival for 2 hours with the same loadout without a Smeeta Kavat and get different returns by the time 120 minutes rolls around.

unknown.png

Still a poor system imo.

No its no
Its more like only greedy ppl are poor
If someone waste their all income then maybe problem is not in small income but in how much and how fast they wanna buy?

I dont buy 1000 formas or potatoes and cry that plat is hard to make
Or buy 50 of each primed mods baro brings and cry ducats are hard to make
So?
Also 

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I think that's mathematically impossible given the number of SP alerts and how long they've been around. You almost surely did a Khora eximus farm on SP like so many of us did. Do me a favour, take a screenshot of your riven slivers. That will give us a good idea of how much you farmed SP alerts.

Actually i dont even play warframe as normal person would understand it
I just login each day to do SP alerts and Sortie and other than that i dont play at all thats why i said i never farmed acolytes
Since before SP alerts was a thing i was just doing sortie and after i got all from teshin i didnt see a point in farming something i dont use since im not into rivens
But that is after i bought (aside from umbra forma) secondary and primary arcanes not to mention crap he brings from time to time

But by all means at your service (as i said im not into rivens so here is also my kuva)
And remember as i said i did not farm acolytes i just did SP alerts and by that i mean rush trough mission and not stall it
Z2Lvo8u.png

16 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Actually i dont even play warframe as normal person would understand it
I just login each day to do SP alerts and Sortie and other than that i dont play at all thats why i said i never farmed acolytes
Since before SP alerts was a thing i was just doing sortie and after i got all from teshin i didnt see a point in farming something i dont use since im not into rivens
But that is after i bought (aside from umbra forma) secondary and primary arcanes not to mention crap he brings from time to time

But by all means at your service (as i said im not into rivens so here is also my kuva)

Nice work! I believe you, your riven sliver count is low enough to prove to me that you did not, in fact, farm the old way (I have over 4 thousand riven slivers, because I did farm the old way). That's quite a haul just from the dailies, well done!

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Nice work! I believe you, your riven sliver count is low enough to prove to me that you did not, in fact, farm the old way (I have over 4 thousand riven slivers, because I did farm the old way). That's quite a haul just from the dailies, well done!

You dont congratulate any1 for doing sortie each day idk why you congratulate me for doing SP alerts each day

It only proves that not wasting your income proves system is ok
And initial/OP problem is not about acolyte spawn nor its about SE drop rate its only about kuva economy

Where again even if SE would drop 10x more and acolytes spawn with 10x rate ppl would still waste it anyway and some ppl still would have a problem
And you wouldnt buy riven rolled 20 times but 2000 times while we still have posts like this one

I did not make my plat on rivens i didnt make in 1 day and some ppl believe they will buy some riven roll it and puff 10k plat in seconds
There are so many tutorials how to make/prepare steady/constant income of plat to our butts that posts like this one only makes me feel sorry for ppl with that kind of problems

43 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

No its no
Its more like only greedy ppl are poor
If someone waste their all income then maybe problem is not in small income but in how much and how fast they wanna buy?

I dont buy 1000 formas or potatoes and cry that plat is hard to make
Or buy 50 of each primed mods baro brings and cry ducats are hard to make
So?

I don't use nor buy Kuva, and I've only spent Steel Essence on the original shop items, every Umbra Forma appearance, and plenty of Arcane Adapters. I have no problem with my amount of Steel Essence, and I can happily afford the items I need. 

I still feel it's a bad farm. I'm not greedy. I don't need anything from Teshin. I purely analyzed the way the farm works and it's poorly designed. We have so many loot Warframes, killing methods, tools, mechanics, weapons, etc. at our disposal, and yet none if it has any impact over your "hard mode" resource gains. Steel Essence is bad for the same reason the Exploiter Orb is bad. Having a gamemode where your player's equipment has little to no impact on the efficiency and impact of your farm is bad design. 

I would have liked Steel Essence to reward players and squads who can coordinate their arsenal to farm the resource effectively. Eximus drops were not the best approach to this, but timers are certainly much worse.

Cool, you enjoy shallow one-and-done dailies. Not everyone does. The Incursions also offer 0 player-influenced reward besides effectively speedrunning a bunch of missions that you probably already blitz through for Sorties and Fissures. Again, this comes back to poor design where the player has little to no influence over their gains.

My opinion on Steel Essence is entirely unrelated to my spending habits, and my account has plenty of everything so don't even go there with "greed". It's such a bad counter-argument.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's one of those things where if allowed, people will farm kuva til they die of starvation. Things have to be curtailed a bit and this happens in all games mostly. 

Kinda like the rare occasion when a dog may eat itself to death because it doesn't know any better.

If someone wants to just grind Kuva why does that bother you? Allowing players to farm as much or as little of something with their equipment is entirely fine. Someone's playtime is up to them to spend, not DE.

Adding timers to standardize player gains is boring. An MR 10 with a Kuva Bramma getting a similar income to me who spends lots of resources and time on my equipment is rather insulting from a mode designed around beefier enemies and higher-end equipment rewards.

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If someone wants to just grind Kuva why does that bother you? Allowing players to farm as much or as little of something with their equipment is entirely fine. Someone's playtime is up to them to spend, not DE.

Adding timers to standardize player gains is boring. An MR 10 with a Kuva Bramma getting a similar income to me who spends lots of resources and time on my equipment is rather insulting from a mode designed around beefier enemies and higher-end equipment rewards.

Agreed here. I don't play mobile games for this very reason. If i want to play 4 hours and grind hard in one day I should be able to.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I don't use nor buy Kuva, and I've only spent Steel Essence on the original shop items, every Umbra Forma appearance, and plenty of Arcane Adapters. I have no problem with my amount of Steel Essence, and I can happily afford the items I need. 

I still feel it's a bad farm. I'm not greedy. I don't need anything from Teshin. I purely analyzed the way the farm works and it's poorly designed. We have so many loot Warframes, killing methods, tools, mechanics, weapons, etc. at our disposal, and yet none if it has any impact over your "hard mode" resource gains. Steel Essence is bad for the same reason the Exploiter Orb is bad. Having a gamemode where your player's equipment has little to no impact on the efficiency and impact of your farm is bad design. 

I would have liked Steel Essence to reward players and squads who can coordinate their arsenal to farm the resource effectively. Eximus drops were not the best approach to this, but timers are certainly much worse.

Cool, you enjoy shallow one-and-done dailies. Not everyone does. The Incursions also offer 0 player-influenced reward besides effectively speedrunning a bunch of missions that you probably already blitz through for Sorties and Fissures. Again, this comes back to poor design where the player has little to no influence over their gains.

My opinion on Steel Essence is entirely unrelated to my spending habits, and my account has plenty of everything so don't even go there with "greed". It's such a bad counter-argument.

Oh well I should've clarified that it doesn't bother me, but bothers DE. I think it was the forum crowd earlier on that said "I shouldn't have to spend 3 hours in odin." Etc. So the essence was moved to acolytes.

But then this recent update where they said acolytes will spawn more frequently? I still can only get 1 per 5 min in survival. I thought we'd be able to get 2 per 5 if we're really killing efficiently but I guess not.

Heh.  Steel Path isn't Hard Mode, it's just Harder.  The math gets skewed against you a little harder.

I don't know if Steel Path Arbitrations are something we need.  I'd rather see other factions have a stake in Harder Mode Warframe.  Steel Path Sanctuary Onslaught would be handy.  A Steel Path coat of finish on the Free Roam areas does sound good, but it'd deserve more attention than enabling some alternate bounty mission modes.

Teshin definitely could offer some more things for sale.  

Speed Run Exequias or something in the meantime.

Archived