Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Rack?

(XBOX)Mournblood

(I hope this is the correct forum for submitting suggestions, and I also searched for this topic but surprisingly didn't find any others.)

Would it be possible to add a weapon rack decoration for Orbiters and Dojos that lets us display weapons we own? Essentially, a decorative representation of our Arsenal? I think this would be a pretty awesome addition to any Orbiter and/or Dojo where we could proudly display weapons we've acquired, some of which perhaps we aren't even using but just look cool. There's quite a few styles the developers could choose from as well, be it a wall mounted rack or a floor rack. While I of course realize there are always bigger priority items on the developers to-do list, this would add quite a bit of depth and immersion to the decoration system that seems long overdue.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

How would a weapon rack work? If we are displaying a weapon would that weapon still be available for use or is it removed from our aresenal while displayed?

I'd like a weapons rack.. it'd have to be really big though, as in the amount of weapons we have,  but it would be a cool thing to have it the Dojo and Orbitor .. maybe a weapons vault type of room that displays the weapons.. definately vote for that idea.. how it would work would be for someone a lot smarter than me :)

3 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

I'd like a weapons rack.. it'd have to be really big though, as in the amount of weapons we have,  but it would be a cool thing to have it the Dojo and Orbitor .. maybe a weapons vault type of room that displays the weapons.. definately vote for that idea.. how it would work would be for someone a lot smarter than me :)

It doesn't have to be that complicated. They could easily make them to hold 3 weapons each, for example, and you'd just place multiple weapon rack decorations throughout your Orbiter/Dojo if you wanted to display more than 3 weapons. Again, that's just an example. But if they ever did implement this, it would probably be smart for them to design both a wall version and a floor version for display versatility.

And thank you all for the support. Would love to see this become part of the game.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mournblood said:

It doesn't have to be that complicated. They could easily make them to hold 3 weapons each, for example, and you'd just place multiple weapon rack decorations throughout your Orbiter/Dojo if you wanted to display more than 3 weapons. Again, that's just an example. But if they ever did implement this, it would probably be smart for them to design both a wall version and a floor version for display versatility.

And thank you all for the support. Would love to see this become part of the game.

mate I would put it up in my Dojo and Orbitor .. would be a great decoration to have maybe like you said the 3 fav weapons .. I was more think like my guns covering a wall or a room full of the weapons much like the fishing trophies ... again great idea :)

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

How would a weapon rack work? If we are displaying a weapon would that weapon still be available for use or is it removed from our aresenal while displayed?

Well, first of all...it probably goes without saying that..it's a game. Meaning, unlike in real life where "displaying your rifle" (euphemism) means actually putting your sole rifle on the wall, in the game there can literally exist and infinite number of copies of your exact weapon.

Secondly, you do know there is a Warframe display in the orbiter right? You can display your Warframe along with all their equipment like a mannequin, and doing so doesn't remove the ability to use that load out.

I think planning the nuance of how a weapon display might work in the game is really beside the point. This is the request the OP wants, the devs will figure out how to make it work.
If you want to go through the possible ways it could be implemented, which I don't really see as necessary, then it could either A) work like Articula dropped from the Orb bosses, where after placing the model in your ship, clicking on the model again (while still in decoration mode) will allow you to pick from a number of preset stances for the model. It could work similarly for weapon racks. B) Some decorations even allow interaction with them after they have been placed (for example the guitar thing) meaning decorations don't have to be wholly static with player interaction. Meaning they could just allow the player to interact with any placed weapon racks which would pop up a menu to select your weapon.

The devs are smart guys. If they want to implement this, then I am sure they'll find a way to make it work 😉

16 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Pretty sure this has been suggested in some form before and had even a dev's response at some point. Not sure if it's worth searching for that again.

While nothing came of it so far, it'd certainly be a neat addition.

I remember seeing someone from DE comment on it, can't remember the specifics but they did seem to like the idea. IIRC the specific post I saw was about using extra weapons to craft a weapon plaque similar to the fish trophies. Which I think is a great idea as long as they're craftable through mastered weapons as well as duplicate weapons. Essentially bypass the resource cost of the weapon plaque if using the weapon to craft it, if not use the weapons resource cost + plaque cost to craft mastered weapons. 

I'd love something like this to be a decoration, I want to make an [purely aesthetic] armoury for my dojo full of weapons. 

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

You all forgot to ask the most important question...

... Is the Orbiter even big enough to hold all the weapons a player has?

I think it's entirely possible. Especially since there's not necessarily (as far as I know) anything stopping DE from expanding the orbiter further. 

The operator room is pretty big on its own and would fit quite a lot of weapons. 

Archived