Corrupted Mods revisit Idea

(PSN)Grim_Dude

Quick list of Corrupted Mod Adjustments, nothing too crazy, just some things akin to Critical Relay.

Blind Range: +100% Strength, -55% Efficiency (Just a 1 point difference, OCD driven)

Narrow Minded: +100% Duration, -65/60% (Again OCD, sorry)

Transient Fortitude: +55/60% Strength, -27/28% Duration (Needs to be rounded to one or the other)

Heavy Caliber: +175% Damage, -55% accuracy (Just a little be stronger than Serration to stand out from it)

Tainted Mag: +100% Magazine Size, -33% Reload Speed (Double mag size would be worth it, may increase reload penalty to balance it out)

Burdened Magazine: +100% Magazine Size, -18% Reload Speed (Same as above)

Tainted Clip: +100% Magazine Size, -30% Reload Speed (Ditto)

Spoiled Strike: +150% Damage, -20% Attack Speed

This is a bit rushed but at most the magazine mods should get such an increase, open brainstorm session advised!

3 hours ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

the corrupted mods are fine where there stats are right now

Are they? How often do you use e.g. the Magazine Size ones, or friggin' Hollow Point?

How often did the Crit Chance ones see use, before the recent general buff?

When would you use Heavy Cal & co nowadays, what with Galvanized Mods and Gun Arcanes?

3 hours ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

if you wanted to buff them you would also need to make the negative higher to balance it out

The buff I mentioned above both increased the positive and reduced the negative effect.

DE themselves seem to disagree with you, some Corrupted Mods needed, and IMO others still need, help to be worth using.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Grim_Dude said:

OCD driven

I get that reason lol, but with how Mod Ranks work and all, that'd make the lower Ranks be even more filled with "bad" numbers,
like, a 100% Blind Rage would have 9.090909... (displayed as rounded up to 9.1 for the most part*) per Rank, so you'd have
all the non-max Ranks look off as a drawback, which is not least relevant since you don't always use max Rank Corrupted Mods.

I guess you could have uneven "growth" per Rank to smooth out the numbers,
but that in turn kinda triggers some OCD-ish twitches over on my end,
I prefer my Mods to be consistent in this regard more so than having "nice" numbers.

*= Also, on that "for the most part" - you'd go from 36.4 at Rank 3 to 45.4 at Rank 4, urgh that not-increase rustles my jimmies :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

16 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I get that reason lol, but with how Mod Ranks work and all, that'd make the lower Ranks be even more filled with "bad" numbers,
like, a 100% Blind Rage would have 9.090909... (displayed as rounded up to 9.1 for the most part*) per Rank, so you'd have
all the non-max Ranks look off as a drawback, which is not least relevant since you don't always use max Rank Corrupted Mods.

I guess you could have uneven "growth" per Rank to smooth out the numbers,
but that in turn kinda triggers some OCD-ish twitches over on my end,
I prefer my Mods to be consistent in this regard more so than having "nice" numbers.

*= Also, on that "for the most part" - you'd go from 36.4 at Rank 3 to 45.4 at Rank 4, urgh that not-increase rustles my jimmies :P

Couldn't the scaling be adjusted to accommodate the change? If there is 10 levels in Blind Rage that go from 9% to 99%, then you would just need to increase each rank's value so it could go from 10% to 100% to solve the ranking issue.

Unless there is a hidden code thing that makes it easier said than done, I ain't too tech savvy to be honest.

I'd honestly settle for the 27.5 on Transient Fortitude to be rounded and adjusted or at least the Magazine Modes given 100% total to double ammo capacity. But I felt I needed more substance bringing in the other mods to justify the thread.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Grim_Dude said:

Couldn't the scaling be adjusted to accommodate the change? If there is 10 levels in Blind Rage that go from 9% to 99%, then you would just need to increase each rank's value so it could go from 10% to 100% to solve the ranking issue.

Like I said, that would mean changing the "growth" to be inconsistent with how Mod Ranks usually work.

Normally, each Rank adds the value the Mod has when unranked
(starting at 10% would mean each Rank gives +10%, but with that you'd end up at 110% for Rank 10).

But even with adjusted Rank up values, how exactly would you adjust them?
Would you (starting at 10) go up by 9 on each Rank? That IMO looks / feels worse than the current 9 -> 99 we have.

13 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Like I said, that would mean changing the "growth" to be inconsistent with how Mod Ranks usually work.

Normally, each Rank adds the value the Mod has when unranked
(starting at 10% would mean each Rank gives +10%, but with that you'd end up at 110% for Rank 10).

But even with adjusted Rank up values, how exactly would you adjust them?
Would you (starting at 10) go up by 9 on each Rank? That IMO looks / feels worse than the current 9 -> 99 we have.

Oh wait my bad, my mind was visualizing 10% at rank 0 as 10% at rank 1, I get what ya mean now with the scaling difficulty now!

110% would be pretty sweet, but that would be wanting too much. 

• 1 month later...
On 2021-08-31 at 12:41 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Are they? How often do you use e.g. the Magazine Size ones, or friggin' Hollow Point?

With the magazine mods, I have mostly heard of people goofing around with ranks rather than going all the way to max to get a free bonus by rounding numbers (fun fact, I used that to get a 5-shot finisher build Bronco). As it was mentioned in the forum, tradeoff / risk-reward is the guiding logic behind the corrupted mods.

Fully with you on Hallow Point, however. I know that critical damage investment has huge returns (due to crit tiers and anything above a 2.0x multi), but for me the mod serves as little more than a get-out-of-jail-free card for when I put the wrong polarity on a weapon of mine.

• Like 1

On 2021-08-31 at 4:44 AM, (PSN)Grim_Dude said:

Tainted Mag: +100% Magazine Size, -33% Reload Speed (Double mag size would be worth it, may increase reload penalty to balance it out)

I would just use Combo Fury to Counter Balance it anyway 😝

On 2021-08-31 at 4:44 AM, (PSN)Grim_Dude said:

Spoiled Strike: +150% Damage, -20% Attack Speed

Only 150% ? 🤔 

I thought you wanted these things to be just like Critical Delay ? Don't be shy Tenno... Pump it up !!!

On 2021-08-31 at 6:32 AM, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

the corrupted mods are fine where there stats are right now as they are meant to be a give an take boost

If you don't have Spoiled Strike or Vicious Spread on any of your Builds... Then I think it's safe to say even you don't believe what you're saying.... Because Critical Delay/Deceleration have finally made it into Relevance...

Even Creeping BullsEye is a big improvement...

All the Corrupted Mods should be alternatives to Primed Mods.....

On 2021-08-31 at 9:41 AM, NinjaZeku said:

LoL... You know... The way those mods are now is what Critical Delay used to be before it was Buffed... completey useless.

• Like 1