Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The corrupted units are in dire need of an update or revision.

Mizar5129

I know you don't see them outside of the void or relic missions, but it would be nice if the corrupted had some visual/gameplay updates. But another part of me wonders if they even need to exist anymore. There's not really any lore on them aside from some vague mentions of a neural sentry.

Anyway, with the void relic missions able to corrupt enemy units on the fly, do we even need the original units? Why not simply populate void maps with random units from each faction with the corruption effect on them? The original units are just basic reskins with a hat glued on anyway, so it's not like we'd be missing anything unique, except maybe the drones, but those could be repurposed elsewhere.

54 minutes ago, Mizar5129 said:

The original units are just basic reskins with a hat glued on anyway, so it's not like we'd be missing anything unique

Probably the most first world response...but..."aesthetics".
I love just ~playing~ the game in the void, it's my favorite tileset (also has the least amount of clutter, that's beside the point). Everything fits together so well...also likely nostalgia for the early years of T1-4 farming for prime parts.
I would have an irrational outrage if they dared remove corrupted enemies. "No DE! Not my AESTHETICS"

1 hour ago, Yuzuki-Prime said:

Probably the most first world response...but..."aesthetics".
I love just ~playing~ the game in the void, it's my favorite tileset (also has the least amount of clutter, that's beside the point). Everything fits together so well...also likely nostalgia for the early years of T1-4 farming for prime parts.
I would have an irrational outrage if they dared remove corrupted enemies. "No DE! Not my AESTHETICS"

I’ve tried mentioning ideas to add more to the void. But dudes dissed the idea without any constructive reasoning.

Believe it or not I’ve made a concept way back for corpus to be a little more… high tech… such as better security and traps. I mentioned how part of the MR tests involved dodging a rotating laser wall while shooting enemies off of a ledge. I asked, “why have us complete such tests if nothing close them is even in the actual game”. So I suggested like a map layout involving more security. Running through some laser wall would trigger different types of traps, like electricity or toxic gas. Maybe flames. Have ice floors. Etc.

I was surprised when they redesigned Jupiter with those same suggestions. Then later improved the corpus ship tile set. So I tried to suggest they do something similar for the void. They are suppose to be some ultimate alien species of superior science. Figured having more security besides turrets, spinning lasers, and seismic orbs would make navigating the void more challenging and fun. Since it requires completing a lot for the newbies to reach there anyways, shouldn’t be an issues upgrading at least the higher levels. I have a few thoughts in mind but basically think about those obstacle courses on Lua and the race/speed rooms in the void and make the entire map tile set similar. 

Appearances, with all these prime warframes and cosmetics, you would think the void faction would be of similar design. Not just painted gold with an orokin symbol on their heads. Instead they could be redesigned with more unique details. With Nidus Prime, they should have a better idea for the ancients. Especially with the new prime infested Necramech skin. Would draw them myself but I’m not a good drawer. It would take me a while to do and it’s not worth it if DE ain’t gonna take such concepts into consideration.

But basically picture the corrupt grineer being more like rhino prime with the colors and bulky like armor. Possibly Nyx Prime armor. The Corpus would probably be similar to Vauban Prime’s shape but maybe like a dark purple. The ancient would be similar to the upcoming Nidus Prime. They would share their signature design from the original factions they were a part of but still have such minor adjustments and orokin decorations/armor. Add some color besides gold, more unique orokin decoration/armor, and maybe slight bodily adjustments that would be unique to them that no other in their originals factions share. There’s multiple different variations and such in each faction. Shouldn’t be hard to imagine. 

I once tried suggesting Vor coming back to the grineer. Talking like some would be religious person acting like they’ve seen the light. The void light that is. He tries to upgrade grineer technology with the orokin. Much like his own Seer pistol. Maybe killing these grineers causes their weapons to shatter and infect them with the void energy that turns them into mindless raging animals. 

Maybe the relic missions would have the current gold design instead of the computer digital thing currently happening. Like that would be them sort of changing halfway. But haven’t been fully upgraded like the ones mentioned above. 

I also tried suggesting a bigger mission. Heck it could be like an open world but more like a city. They call the current maps “cities” but they are way too small and inclosed. Figure would be a lot bigger and way more opened. Similar to Lua. The sky probably looks like void space that we see from our navigation. Maybe it’s closer to what derelict used to be before it became derelict. But with way more security. Like maybe similar to the kuva fortress, it floats around infecting the nearby planets with void energy or something. Could become how the new relic system is decided. 

But that’s just my opinion. 

Personally I would very much like the void and their corrupted units left alone. They're a fun faction to fight, the tilesets are good open areas with a few bits of cover here and there but overall easy to navigate and play in with your frames since you can use your abilities to the greatest extent here as the rooms are big but not so open worldy that your abilities feel small, and not always blocked by any lil bits of tileset junk that stops the line of sight thing happening. 

They also dont really have annoying units besides small drones and nullifiers which is a major boon for me with how over time all other factions have become increasingly tankier with aoe units and general busted mechanics to stop us using our things designed to kill them with. Tileset updates have also completely ruined the flow of a lot of the missions too, what used to be a run in, walk through a few simple corridors to the objective and walk out again, has turned into this grand adventure parcouring up and around areas or many multiple level tall structures when the map is pretty rubbish at telling you where to go. 

No, leave the corrupted as they are please. They're nostalgic and theyre actually decent and fun to fight and farm. 

Archived