can i go from steam install to warframe launcher and keep all my old files?

Novalodic

Question

re-downloading is a big hassle for me. i want to use warframes individual separate launcher but i'm unsure how to do it. was thinking of trying to install the game in steams game folder (could move it somewhere else i guess) and see what happens altho i'm guessing i'll mess everything up. any help is appreciated. 

edit

nvm this is no longer an issue (i can launch the game from steam offline), altho if someone has an answer it might help someone else.

Edited by Novalodic

3 answers to this question

Once you download the launcher, it will ask you where you want to install warframe, You can just tell the launcher to install warframe where steam has it installed and it should realize the files are already there. 

3 minutes ago, uumm said:

Once you download the launcher, it will ask you where you want to install warframe, You can just tell the launcher to install warframe where steam has it installed and it should realize the files are already there. 

Exactly. It does work with every kind of instance. Steam <>Warframe (native) <> Epic Games.

I cloned my Warframe content folder (not the AppData one), launched Epic Games and installed Warframe over there and located the cloned files. I had no need for downloading the entire game once again just for the UT skins.