Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused about Octavia's 3

SeaOfTorment

Question

So, I've trying to pickup Octavia and she's extremely simple, most of her abilities (except her 3) require barely any interaction. But I just don't get her 3.

For example, whenever I try to damage buff my gun I try to shoot whenever I see a radial circle that's just about to hit my Warframe I shoot but I can't seem to keep the buff for more then a second, or whenever i start to match the shooting with the circles again the buff goes away and it's just really frustrating. How exactly should I time my shooting? Same goes for stealth.

Ive looked at many online guides but they just say "match it with the rythm" But I still don't get what that means.

8 answers to this question

Before you get involved with picking your favourite song, I suggest you make a simple every-other-beat composition on your mandachord (specifically the Metronome portion) and practice.

You need to shoot, melee, jump, or crouch rhythmically to activate the buff. I mean that you need to do it several times in repition to achieve the buff. That's why I suggest you practice with a simple rhythm. You will need to do the action 4 to 10 times to get the given buff, if you have good timing or an easy song you can get the buff in 4 actions.

I hope that helps and I'm sure there are Octavia enthusiasts that would be happy to share more tips.

A valuable member of the warframe community shares their Octavia songs for free. Their official youtube channel has some instructional videos too.

10 minutes ago, SeaOfTorment said:

How exactly should I time my shooting?

You get  X%  per circle.  Also, you lose X% if you miss the circle.

At 100% buff activates and lasts for duration.  Can be refreshed by getting 100% again.

Less circles in the song = more % per circle.    There is no "best" melody,  and you should just make one that fits you gameplay pace and doesn't strain your fingers. Something you can easily remember.

Yeah i agree with lilly, if you know the beats, you'll get a way better grasps of when to press the buttons, when you hit, and when you miss.

Start with some really simple beats, and try to activate your buffs using those beats. Messing around with mandacore is the first key to understanding octavia.

As for the buff icons, when you press an action you will get buff percentage but the buff isn't activated yet. You have to keep hitting the beats until the percentage reaches 100%, then you will turn on similar icon without the percentage on its corner. That is when you know you have activated the buff.

Good luck, tenno 

If i recall correctly it's only really consistent with full-auto weapons with a minmaxed song, at least that's the only way i made it work when i tried.

It's largely redundant though, because Octavia doesn't need or benefit much from weapons beside the odd boss unit that doesn't go down in seconds just using Amp (or a boosted Amp)and Mallet.

The Invis is the only real reason why you would want to use Metronome, the buffs are often just rather inconsistent side benefits that you could better achieve with proper modding on your weapons or a different ability, unless you go full meta with high fire rate, melee/gunblade spam, etc., even then.

As for Invis, you can trigger it just by spamming when minmaxed, you can even keep it and the melee buff active with just spin2win.

The way I see it is you have to tap the button a split second before the melody hits, not the exact moment it hits. Weird, I know, but that's how it works. Also if you're not too comfortable with having to follow the melody every single time, just slap a melody on all 16 beats and just keep pressing the button repeatedly. 

My gripe with Octavia's "Metronome" is that it doesn't follow the beat/percussion, which is literally what Metronome is supposed to do.

25 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

The way I see it is you have to tap the button a split second before the melody hits, not the exact moment it hits. Weird, I know, but that's how it works. Also if you're not too comfortable with having to follow the melody every single time, just slap a melody on all 16 beats and just keep pressing the button repeatedly. 

My gripe with Octavia's "Metronome" is that it doesn't follow the beat/percussion, which is literally what Metronome is supposed to do.

I think that's what Resonator and Mallet are for. Think about it, soon as you cast either your tune begins. Usually we cast Amp then Mallet then Resonator and Metronome behind- full tune plays and you can get her buffs by performing exact actions.

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

If i recall correctly it's only really consistent with full-auto weapons with a minmaxed song, at least that's the only way i made it work when i tried.

It's largely redundant though, because Octavia doesn't need or benefit much from weapons beside the odd boss unit that doesn't go down in seconds just using Amp (or a boosted Amp)and Mallet.

The Invis is the only real reason why you would want to use Metronome, the buffs are often just rather inconsistent side benefits that you could better achieve with proper modding on your weapons or a different ability, unless you go full meta with high fire rate, melee/gunblade spam, etc., even then.

As for Invis, you can trigger it just by spamming when minmaxed, you can even keep it and the melee buff active with just spin2win.

Invis needs you to dodge or roll in time which spin2win doesn't do though...

You must do the desired buff repeatedly until it reaches 100% and the buff will activate. Sometimes very fast it will activate, sometimes very slow, all depending on your timing.

Weird that wiki didn't say this but it does say: 

• Metronome can be recast while active to refresh its duration. On recast, existing synchronize percentages will not carry over and will be reset to 0%.

Archived