[PLEASE] Forum Reputation Removal

str4dlin

Hello Dear Devs, DE, CM, Community, Steve,

Did you noticed yet that this forum is 80% of people farming reputation?

Where is the forum we had time ago when people giving real feedback?

We are tired. We are tired of coming here to find something like Twitter or Facebook where people just doing effort to "win a Like" answering everything without think about the topic. Without empathy. Or looking over other people shoulders because they have a higher number on their profile that they have been farming for years and on many occasions disrespecting.

Please, remove Forum reputation, it is not needed. We all Tenno count 1. Nobody is more than other and this Reputation System is doing old players that used to come here to give feedback feels tired of discuss and discuss because we have think about a topic and other people just coming to bombard and usually going out of the topic or with total ignorance about what is being said. Just to talk and talk to win some Likes in their profiles. 

Why we need reputation? This is not a social network. 

Give this forum the function it is done for and do all Tenno count as the same and stop this herd of players farming reputation.

You have done well enough for us to trust your decisions. You are professional enough to analyze and make decisions and we will continue to trust you.

And as this post pretends to be destruction from within, I hope that 80% of the forum disagrees and thus know that I am right.

That is why it is directed to those who really make the decisions.

BREAK THE SYSTEM

Edited: 
@Drachnyn and @NecroPed and @krc473
commented that upvoting answers is usefull and I agree them. So I will be more specific. I don't want they remove answer upvoting system but personal reputation system. They are now linked but reputation contributes nothing I think. So remove reputation system but keep upvoting answers system.

Cheers.

Edited by str4dlin
  • Like 10

23 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

You have done well enough for us to trust your decisions.

It’s odd you say this. DE has already hidden reputation**. You trust their decisions, but not to the point where you accept what they did as suitable. All we have on the actual page is upvotes, that’s not reputation.

This is not a useful change. How many people actually check forum reputation? Most forums I remember looking at have at least a member’s post count and an upvote button. Providing upvotes let’s DE/others see what is popular and what isn’t. Yes, DE could make their own decisions regardless of this, but an upvote count could be useful too.

**Forum reputation is seen on someone’s profile. 

Edited by krc473
  • Like 5

Forum reputation helps give a more complete impression of a user and it helps condense threads. Imagine you have a feedback thread many people straight up agree with. Do you want to bloat the thread by having 30 people type out "I agree"?

As thread creator it is also a bit your own responsibility to cultivate a productive environment in your own thread. This can be done be specifically responding to constructive and on topic posts while ignoring and/or silently reporting derailing posts. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AhLiu338 said:

Where can you even see the reputation now? It used to be there but now all I can see is the amount of post and solution provided.   

When you hover with mouse on someone else profile

1 minute ago, AhLiu338 said:

Where can you even see the reputation now? It used to be there but now all I can see is the amount of post and solution provided.   

I can't even see that anymore. Perhaps it's because I'm on mobile, but I haven't seen anything that resembles "forum rep" for months.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
hace 4 minutos, AhLiu338 dijo:

In the profile. Probably they noticed yet that topics were being guided by trends and it is very dangerous. We all know how social networks and society works and and in this way it does not incite critical thinking. I would like they tottally remove reputation, not only hide it in profile.

Thanks for your answer @AhLiu338

Edited by str4dlin

Posted (edited)
hace 7 minutos, Drachnyn dijo:

Forum reputation helps give a more complete impression of a user and it helps condense threads. Imagine you have a feedback thread many people straight up agree with. Do you want to bloat the thread by having 30 people type out "I agree"?

As thread creator it is also a bit your own responsibility to cultivate a productive environment in your own thread. This can be done be specifically responding to constructive and on topic posts while ignoring and/or silently reporting derailing posts. 

You can have same behaviour but without forum reputation. You can still vote for an asnwer but it is not needed to give a +1 in someone profile. just upvote the answer. It will do people acts responsible and not spaming on every topic to farm reputation in their profiles. It will cause we have a forum more clean and constructive. I can only see positive points on forum reputation removal. 

Edited by str4dlin

2 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

In the profile. Probably they noticed yet that topics were being guided by trends and it is very dangerous. We all know how social networks and society works and and in this way it does not incite critical thinking. I want they tottally remove reputation, not only hide it in profile.

Thanks for your answer @AhLiu338

Ah I see. I never really noticed that before. I don't know how many people are like me but I never really paying attention to the profile, or even the name I'm replying to most of the time. 

While I don't think it has that much impact(at least on me), I do understand your concern. So it's whatever for me, personally.   

vor 1 Minute schrieb str4dlin:

You can have same behaviour but without forum reputation. You can still vote for an asnwer but it is not needed to give a +1 in someone profile. just upvote the answer.

From personal experience people go on your profile not to see your reputation but to see what other posts you made. I misunderstood however and thought you wanted to remove it as upvote feature aswell, which is what it more or less currently serves as.

Still, together with other posts it builds a more complete impression making it easier to discern bait and troll posts. The more time you spend on the forum the better you can put together how someone got to their reputation and what it means individually.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
hace 8 minutos, AhLiu338 dijo:

Ah I see. I never really noticed that before. I don't know how many people are like me but I never really paying attention to the profile, or even the name I'm replying to most of the time. 

While I don't think it has that much impact(at least on me), I do understand your concern. So it's whatever for me, personally.   

We some friends and I were talking past night about this topic. In our opinion  this forum and this community was really awesome. I would dare to say 50% of what warframe is it is because this forum were. Many of the changes have been incubated here but the "social network behaviours" ate us. 

With all the people I have talked to, we agree that we do not want to know anything else about the forum because every time we came to say something we would find the instant spam of people getting offtopic and telling stories. We are tired. And I think this has happened to a lot of players.

I see a solution in making those people who only generate noise disappear because they have nothing to eat here and go back to the period when this forum was really useful and with a true community sense. Or at least it was more useful. Or at least there really were people who took it seriously and tried to speak with criteria and from critical thinking.

Edited by str4dlin

Posted (edited)
hace 10 minutos, Drachnyn dijo:

From personal experience people go on your profile not to see your reputation but to see what other posts you made. I misunderstood however and thought you wanted to remove it as upvote feature aswell, which is what it more or less currently serves as.

Still, together with other posts it builds a more complete impression making it easier to discern bait and troll posts. The more time you spend on the forum the better you can put together how someone got to their reputation and what it means individually.

I bet some people have their reputation because the spam. I prefer 1 solid opinion of somebody that stopped to think about the topic than 100 opinons of people running to answer everything to see where they win a like. Trust me this forum has become that 80%.

I recommend you personally because your answer is interesting. Visit my profile, check my reputation then check my posts and see how many things of what I posted were implemented. You will notice that is preferible precision than spamming.

I do appreciate your comment.

Edited by str4dlin

Didn’t the changes where reputation is tucked away sort of… impact this sort of thing and make it less likely? Checking a profile is a lot more effort to look at reputation, I would have thought.

I’m pretty “eh” about removing reputation; if it ended up gone, that’s it gone

Posted (edited)
hace 8 minutos, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

Didn’t the changes where reputation is tucked away sort of… impact this sort of thing and make it less likely? Checking a profile is a lot more effort to look at reputation, I would have thought.

I’m pretty “eh” about removing reputation; if it ended up gone, that’s it gone

You know? I didn't know until yesterday that they did changes to hide the reputation. I really agree that but I would like they remove it completly without fear. If somebedy hates them because that is because they were part of the problem, you know. I want they leave. Because people are reluctant to leave the place they have been for years seeing a number growing up. Trust me they are still watching that number also if it is for nothing. Trust me they are here upvoting against and praying for this post not going reality. For not getting serious and talking about the addiction generated by interactions on social networks.

Edited by str4dlin

First i really like how you separated Steve from the rest thats funny  ( Devs, DE, CM, Community, Steve <- XD ) He is his own cathegory.

That being said i see a lot of tenno that are here and do not care about reputation.

Low reputation high post tenno that are here just to help others.

You never saw one ? not even one ?

Agreed.

Imagine an update post from Devs.

Under 5 seconds, players quickly reply "Thanks" on that post. Trying to get their reply on first page.

Of course, they'll edit this as a meaningful post. They're either hoping to get the devs attention on certain problem, or just farming reputation from other players who face the same problem.

Posted (edited)
hace 12 minutos, trunks013 dijo:

First i really like how you separated Steve from the rest thats funny  ( Devs, DE, CM, Community, Steve <- XD ) He is his own cathegory.

That being said i see a lot of tenno that are here and do not care about reputation.

Low reputation high post tenno that are here just to help others.

You never saw one ? not even one ?

I thought about citing each one, but it seemed like a lot to me. Steve always had his own category. I dare say. :)

I saw many, the truth, I still see many. I still have full confidence in Tenno, I would even consider myself part of them. But they don't exceed 20% of what I currently see. It wasn't like that years ago when Warframe started. And the problem is the noise is generated. It is counterproductive for the purpose of the forum.

And I don't blame anyone but I do try to see where the problem may be.

I think, is it really necessary?
Let's try to remove it and see what happens.

If they already decided to hide it in the profile, it is because I must not be so far from what they think.

The change is visible to anyone who has experienced what this forum was and what it is now, really.

Edited by str4dlin

Justo ahora, NecroPed dijo:

How can you tell if someones posting for reputation or posting something that people just happen to agree with and upvote it?

How? Removing reputation from the forum. :)

• Like 1

Just now, str4dlin said:

How? Removing reputation from the forum. :)

Thats not an answer to the question I asked.

How do you know if someone is posting for reputation or if someone is posting because they have something to say? 

Posted (edited)
hace 4 minutos, NecroPed dijo:

Thats not an answer to the question I asked.

How do you know if someone is posting for reputation or if someone is posting because they have something to say? 

Since you can't know, you remove the reputation and make sure that people post what the forum is really made for, don't you think? Most of the times people doesn't read, they just go to answer because they want their likes. It causes repeated answers, noise, etc... It is also a point to consider. Everybody can answer but If you first read I think is preferible, and most people not doing that right now because they lose the chance to win a Like.

Edited by str4dlin

2 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Since you can't know, you remove the reputation and make sure that people post what the forum is really made for, don't you think? Most of the times people doesn't read, they just go to answer because they want their likes. It causes repeated answers, noise, etc... It is also a point to consider.

Thanks for elaborating.

I feel the upvotes serve a purpose for DE to see popular opinions, so I'd be content hiding upvotes as long as DE can still see them. Though, it can be helpful for discussion too in being able to see a popular opinion that is against your own. If someone elses comment is being upvoted more than mine I'm more inclined to re-think my idea, if it's being upvoted I'm more likely to expand on the idea/discussion. 

• Like 1

If this was a certain cringy site, you'd have gotten so many downarrows and be called mean names for wanting to take away someone's validation points.

But yeah, I'm all for removing their visibility, or the entire system altogether.

What exactly is your logic based on? I use a lot of forums that don't have a reputation system and people still S#&amp;&#036; post, go off-topic, try to be first, don't bother reading properly etc. Tbh in my experience those forums are even worse because they are filled with people just commenting with "+1".

• Like 3

Justo ahora, NecroPed dijo:

Thanks for elaborating.

I feel the upvotes serve a purpose for DE to see popular opinions, so I'd be content hiding upvotes as long as DE can still see them. Though, it can be helpful for discussion too in being able to see a popular opinion that is against your own. If someone elses comment is being upvoted more than mine I'm more inclined to re-think my idea, if it's being upvoted I'm more likely to expand on the idea/discussion. 

See, @Drachnyn also commented that topic. I agree, Upvoting is usefull but I ve answer here that we have not to remove upvoting behaviour but personal reputation. 
I will edit initial post to comment this specific topic because you are right.

hace 1 hora, str4dlin dijo:

You can have same behaviour but without forum reputation. You can still vote for an asnwer but it is not needed to give a +1 in someone profile. just upvote the answer. It will do people acts responsible and not spaming on every topic to farm reputation in their profiles. It will cause we have a forum more clean and constructive. I can only see positive points on forum reputation removal. 

• Like 1