Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing yareli: A fan yareli change concept

Arrathall

I have posted this on several places and asked several people for opinions... I hope you like it

The issues:

Flawed scaling: abilities don't scale as they should. Can be detailed

Merulina doesnt provide enough for the inconveniences it gives

Bad ability synergy

Yareli's fantasy (opinion based but I'll work with that)

She is a frame that glides around on a k drive with a zone of death around her, slicing up enemies ccing and using the secondary. She may look cute but she is the warframe equivalent of a drive by mixed in with cutting everything near you.

The changes:

Passive: Bonus crit lowered to 150%

1st ability:

Her first ability seems to have a decent idea with trapping enemies, and casting less than the maximum available, but the ability needs to do more.

Max bubbles: increased to 30

New effect: Now doubles the damage the trapped enemy receives from aqua blades. (Scales with power strength)

New effect: Enemies killed within aqua prison cause 1/1/2/3 new bubbles to appear

Explanation: now aqua prisons enhance other abilities and have a chain effect of snowballing in numbers without needing to waste energy - merely to have aqua blades kill enemies trapped. This gives yareli a gameplay loop sort of speak where the abilities enhance eachother and give her a gameplay rhytm.

2nd Ability: Merulina

Merulina has 2 new effects:

Doubles the crit chance bonus from the passive and

Doubles the aqua blades damage (stacks multiplicatively with aqua prison damage buff)
[21:02]
3rd Ability: Aqua Blades

Base damage: reduced by 75% (with both damage boosts its the same base damage

New: Now uses melee mods. Has 0 crit chance and 35% status, also every second blade force procs slash

Basically giving aquablades the khora 1 treatment. It requires a statstick melee which is fine because Yareli is locked out of melee weapons in merulina. This allows them to scale with modding and boost those stats. Why I chose for them to be a status weapon is simple: The user can build viral to enhance the force proc slash. It's a loop similar to the melee primer strategy, but to gain the effect of condition overload with high base damage you need to synchronize the ability with your 1. This can make her a monster if built for strength as she becomes a zone of death for most trash enemies. This rewards using the first and second ability by giving her a high damage loop

4th Ability:

Damage no longer scales with number of enemies caught.

New effect: Enemies affected by aqua prison and all free bubbles within triple the range if the ability get sucked in. Each bubble or trapped enemy inside gives the ability 5% hp damage to the enemies trapped inside.

This ability's flaw would be it requiring you to reset your momentum partially as it consumes and destroys all aqua prisons, but it can, essentially like forst E with high range and duration be allowed to basically function as a nuke that wipes out all enemies without damage reduction or cc immunity (so it doesnt one hit acolytes, bosses and demos, and won't kill nox units) , but it is a great way for yareli to be able to be rewarded with an ability that can truly kill most trash mobs if she plays her game loop right.

2 hours ago, LuciferSataniel said:

3rd Ability: Aqua Blades

Base damage: reduced by 75% (with both damage boosts its the same base damage

New: Now uses melee mods. Has 0 crit chance and 35% status, also every second blade force procs slash

Basically giving aquablades the khora 1 treatment. It requires a statstick melee which is fine because Yareli is locked out of melee weapons in merulina. This allows them to scale with modding and boost those stats. Why I chose for them to be a status weapon is simple: The user can build viral to enhance the force proc slash. It's a loop similar to the melee primer strategy, but to gain the effect of condition overload with high base damage you need to synchronize the ability with your 1. This can make her a monster if built for strength as she becomes a zone of death for most trash enemies. This rewards using the first and second ability by giving her a high damage loop

I like all of your suggestions except this one.  While Yareli is uniquely suited to gimping her arsenal with a minmaxed statstick due to Merulina stripping away her melee, DE should focus on removing and reworking existing statsticks, not adding more.

They are a completely incoherent system, even by Warframe's standards.  It's never clear what mods will or won't affect the abilities in question.  They force you to severely gimp your loadout (again, not as much of an issue for Yareli) and often lead to scaling that is incredibly disproportionate with the rest of the game.  Statstick abilities are some of the biggest offenders for Warframe's general lack of balance.

Again, I like all of your other suggestions.  They seem well thought out, fun, and engaging.  I just really don't like statsticks as a general system, and wish they would be removed.

Creating a new Sea Snare when the enemy affected is killed by another ability is something I thought up too; her 1 needing to be recast every 3s for such a poor ability is an outstandingly stupid design

Like OP said, make new bubbles appear when killed by her 3 &/or 4, & also increase their speed, again; they are way too slow compared to the amount of enemies we can kill with our weapons to justify wasting our energy for it

14 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I like all of your suggestions except this one.  While Yareli is uniquely suited to gimping her arsenal with a minmaxed statstick due to Merulina stripping away her melee, DE should focus on removing and reworking existing statsticks, not adding more.

They are a completely incoherent system, even by Warframe's standards.  It's never clear what mods will or won't affect the abilities in question.  They force you to severely gimp your loadout (again, not as much of an issue for Yareli) and often lead to scaling that is incredibly disproportionate with the rest of the game.  Statstick abilities are some of the biggest offenders for Warframe's general lack of balance.

Again, I like all of your other suggestions.  They seem well thought out, fun, and engaging.  I just really don't like statsticks as a general system, and wish they would be removed.

I do believe all exlated and pseudo exalted abilities should be fixed, but this is a fix in isolation for yareli. A whole mechanic rework of pseudo exalted weps will make this feel even more cluttered, and I made an unique feel to this one

25 minutes ago, LuciferSataniel said:

I do believe all exlated and pseudo exalted abilities should be fixed, but this is a fix in isolation for yareli. A whole mechanic rework of pseudo exalted weps will make this feel even more cluttered, and I made an unique feel to this one

Except it wouldn't just be for Yareli, because of the Helminth.

15 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Agreed.

Archived