Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven ideas/feedback

TenTonneSkeleton

Disposition for NEW weapons needs to be higher. We went from max disp to lowest. I understand why max disp for new weapons doesn't make sense. But lowest possible equally doesn't make sense. I believe starting disp for new weapons should be 1.0. Middle is logical as a baseline. Adjust based on usage from there.

Consider increasing the stats for a max disp weapon even further. Even a god roll riven for a bad weapon won't make the weapon viable. Some might say this is a non-issue, however in my eyes, the whole point of rivens is to make sub-meta /niche weapons more comparable. If a god roll riven can't fix a sub-meta weapon than you've failed to address the issue. Maybe just buff the weapon? idk

How about instead of or in addition to stat values, maybe change the maximum number of stats depending on disp. So, this is probably debatable. Just an idea. Maybe for lower disp weapons cough cough Kuva Bramma. you only get a maximum of2 positive 1 negative, or 2 positive. But the stat VALUES are higher. Rolling a good riven for a highly used weapon feels better. Conversely, max disp might even get 4 positives, 1 neg or something. Just trying to think outside the box.

Current Disposition value should be clearly displayed as a numerical value. Why the dots? It doesn't accurately reflect the ACTUAL disp for the weapon. If the disp was 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Sure! But decimal values are real and range from 0.5 at the lowest to 1.55 at the highest. I shouldn't have to go the wiki to get accurate info about a weapon ingame... All other stats for a weapon are displayed as numerical values, why should disp be any different?

Can we please take a little bit of the RNG out of rolling a riven? This is going to be most debatable feedback I have but here we go: I would suggest that we get to set a GUARANTEED stat for the riven after a certain number of rolls, whether that is a positive or negative value. Say after 20 rolls, we get to say we want "+multishot" . "+crit chance" or "-damage infested" etc. One stat. At 40 rolls we get another guaranteed stat and so on until our perfect god-roll riven is INEVITABLY CREATED given enough kuva invested. Trash rivens at 100+ SHOULDN'T EXIST imo. Kuva is a huge grind and to throw all of that away on a riven without results REALLY SUCKS. Number of rolls is certainly a question of balance. It might be every 30 rolls or instead, idk... the point is, we get some guaranteed reward for our efforts over time rather than it be COMPLETELY rng.

Another way to approach this might be to "purchase a stat" with a certain amount of kuva. So even an unroled riven could have god roll stats given enough kuva to purchase the stats. Dangerous territory maybe?

Alongside the above idea, perhaps there could be an element of usage for the weapon involved? Maybe after a certain number of KILLS with the weapon we can use that "affinity" to roll specific stats for the weapon. Number of kills as a resource. Say after 1k kills with a weapon you can choose to have a guaranteed stat with the riven for that weapon. Or I would even be happy to increase the CHANCE for a certain stat. Say all stats being equal, maybe you triple the %chance that stat will be rolled. Something like that.

How about a super rare item that refunded kuva spent a riven and set its rolls back to unrolled? I don't expect all the kuva to be refunded. Half? A third? These items would be similar in rarity perhaps to an umbral forma or even a Legendary Core. Point is, got a trash riven at 300 rolls? How about lets get some time invested back for that riven? Put this item in the rotational rewards for something like Disruption where no other evergreen rewards really exist?

ok, thanks :)

3 hours ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

Got a few thoughts regarding rivens. I actually love them. Its a high tier item that is variable and luck based. Big resource sink and something to do after 1k hours in the game when you have nothing else to do. Its kind of the last thing to do when min-maxing a weapon, and it feels great to roll a really nice riven.

Feel free to chime in with your own thoughts.

Disposition for starting weapons needs to be higher. 

Consider increasing the stats for a max disp weapon even further. 

How about instead of or in addition to stat values, maybe change the maximum number of stats depending on disp.

Current Disposition value should be clearly displayed as a numerical value. ?

How about a super rare item that refunded kuva spent a riven and set its rolls back to unrolled? 

ok, thanks :)

I really agree with 1. Disposition for starting weapons needs to be higher. . Some weapons have such pathetic Riven disposition, their Rivens are virtually unusable no matter how good the stats are. For example, Catchmoon. Even if you have a god tier 2+1 or 3+1 Riven, it's still not that good. DE please increase the min. dispositions to at least 0.8! and the top range should be above 3.0! Why set all these limiting factors to render many Rivens useless? 

What I meant was the dispo for NEW weapons should be higher. However, it occurs to be that the minimum dispo might actually be too low overall like you said, since top tier weapon rivens need to be god rolls to be useful and they demand thousands of plat in value.

If the minimum dispo were just 1.0 i think that would be fine. If you wanted to nerf top teir weapon rivens further, just limit the number of stats instead. Max would be +2, -1, but still respectable stats at 1.0 making the rivens for those weapons still desirable and still reasonable to roll.

On 2021-09-01 at 7:51 AM, TenTonneSkeleton said:

Disposition for NEW weapons needs to be higher. We went from max disp to lowest. I understand why max disp for new weapons doesn't make sense. But lowest possible equally doesn't make sense. I believe starting disp for new weapons should be 1.0 at the very least or right smack in the middle 2.5. Middle is logical as a baseline. Adjust based on usage from there.

IIRC, initially new weapons are NOT MAX dispo (5 dots) but rather mid (3 dots)... then they changed it to min (1 dot)...

also if you want to talk about decimals (if I am not wrong):

1 dot = 0.5 to 0.7 dispo

2 dots = 0.71 to 0.9 dispo

3 dots = 0.91 to 1.1 dispo

4 dots = 1.11 to 1.3 dispo

5 dots = 1.31 to 1.5 dispo 

but I agree that NEW weapons should be 3 dots instead.

On 2021-09-01 at 7:51 AM, TenTonneSkeleton said:

Can we please take a little bit of the RNG out of rolling a riven? This is going to be most debatable feedback I have but here we go: I would suggest that we get to set a GUARANTEED stat for the riven after a certain number of rolls, whether that is a positive or negative value. Say after 20 rolls, we get to say we want "+multishot" . "+crit chance" or "-damage infested" etc. One stat. At 40 rolls we get another guaranteed stat and so on until our perfect god-roll riven is INEVITABLY CREATED given enough kuva invested. Trash rivens at 100+ SHOULDN'T EXIST imo. Kuva is a huge grind and to throw all of that away on a riven without results REALLY SUCKS. Number of rolls is certainly a question of balance. It might be every 30 rolls or instead, idk... the point is, we get some guaranteed reward for our efforts over time rather than it be COMPLETELY rng.

Another way to approach this might be to "purchase a stat" with a certain amount of kuva. So even an unroled riven could have god roll stats given enough kuva to purchase the stats. Dangerous territory maybe?

Alongside the above idea, perhaps there could be an element of usage for the weapon involved? Maybe after a certain number of KILLS with the weapon we can use that "affinity" to roll specific stats for the weapon. Number of kills as a resource. Say after 1k kills with a weapon you can choose to have a guaranteed stat with the riven for that weapon. Or I would even be happy to increase the CHANCE for a certain stat. Say all stats being equal, maybe you triple the %chance that stat will be rolled. Something like that.

This would probably kill the Riven God Roll market... as a roller myself I would love this!~

Unfortunately the one at DE that makes these decisions believes the RNG layers of rivens are a good measure of "balance". It's been said that Rivens with good combinations are too strong, and the randomness keeps that in check.... somehow.

As for dispositions, DE could have at least compromised on the "new" weapon part... not all "new" weapons are even new. A "new" weapon that's just a re-skinned version of an existing weapon with nearly no stat increase shouldn't be starting at the minimum.

The minimum disposition is also too low anyways, and doesn't dissuade people from even using the weapon, it just at best dissuades someone from using a Riven on it.

I personally would also like to see the first layer of RNG altered, and that be the weapon they're for.

The riven slot machine system is toxic as hell and needs a huge change.

The other systems in the game more or less allows you to work towards something, whereas the riven system is just a slot machine that does not in any way respect the players time or effort. In an interview DE stated that they were against the Kubrow slot machine and decided to remove it and now they should really stay true to the ethics/design philosophy they at the very least pretended to have during that interview.

Allow us to reroll single stats or lock in stats!

On 2021-09-03 at 11:25 AM, FloraGreen said:

The riven slot machine system is toxic as hell and needs a huge change.

The other systems in the game more or less allows you to work towards something, whereas the riven system is just a slot machine that does not in any way respect the players time or effort. In an interview DE stated that they were against the Kubrow slot machine and decided to remove it and now they should really stay true to the ethics/design philosophy they at the very least pretended to have during that interview.

Allow us to reroll single stats or lock in stats!

This is well said!

I think locking in specific stats given a certain number of rolls would be a great way to solve this issue. I have 40 rolls on my kuva kohm and it is still mediocre at best. +toxin, +multishot, +punch through, -damage infested. The punch through is largely a wasted stat since the kohm already has built in punch through. I would trade my left lung for +fire rate instead since it would actually free up a mod slot.

Due to the insane RNG of rivens and the HUGE resource and time sink to get kuva, I generally stay away from Rivens. it's a huge "slot machine" risk as you said. Sure, if I get some "free" kuva from nightwave i'll spend it, but otherwise I don't put dedicated time into getting kuva anymore.

Archived