Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 11? beta

minininja77

Pioneers take the arrows.

I'm in no hurry to jump into Win11. Win10 is just fine for the immediate future. I see no reason at all to upgrade an otherwise functional machine with a new operating system. If you like fiddling with this stuff, feel free, but I need the machine to work and a known quantity is preferred to adventuring in the unknown and dark places of a new OS. 

I'll switch to Win11 when it's standard issue and it's time for a new box. Until then we stay the course. 

Release is stated at October 5th, wait a few weeks and there will be tests about perfomance in games

I wont tested it now because Microsoft allow install on unsupported machnines, but there could be issues and also you cutting yourself off for future updates

• 1 month later...

I've been running Windows 11 beta for a while now...still very buggy when it comes to Warframe...random slowdowns and there is 2 very bad errors the "insufficient video memory" and "invalid graphic card".

That happens when you alt+tab out of the game and try to go back in. Those 2 disable your graphic card, not even Nvidia software detects it after that. Only solution is restart the pc and it should be gone...unless it isn't and you need to restart it again.

My PC isn't compatible apparently, due to my CPU. 3 year old rig  granted, but its no slouch with loading Warframe and anything else I use, so no plans to upgrade/rebuild any time soon.

Besides, Win 11 will likely be a broken mess for a year if past iterations are anything to go by 🤷‍♀️

On 2021-10-07 at 11:55 PM, Butterfly85 said:

My PC isn't compatible apparently, due to my CPU. 3 year old rig  granted, but its no slouch with loading Warframe and anything else I use, so no plans to upgrade/rebuild any time soon.

Funny, I did the compatibility check and its telling me my 1 year old rig is not compatible and I spared little expense in building it so something is up with windows 11

Archived