Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Short Break Before I…..

(PSN)chubbslawson

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Apathy is your friend.

Both in chosing to ignore as many unncessary items as possible but also your approach to the grinds you do decide to go after.

So for instance, if you decide to ignore MR, you free yourself up having to go out and grind 200 cannon fodder weapons and so on.

Where the goal is really to care as little as possible while then enjoying the few items you actually care about.

Then when you do start a grind, again with apathy in mind, you do everything you can come up, to mentally check out from the situation.

Could be talking to friends on discord not paying attention to the screen, watching TV on another monitor, doing 'side quests' or different tasks at the same time, knowing you were doing those anyway.

It's doesn't feel nearly as shallow, pointless, bitter and meaningless, if you add meaning to by leveling an item or testing new builds or whatever, anything that can distract your brain from what is going on.

You notice how sometimes you get a flashback memory so vivid other people comment you were all absent staring into the distance?

That's the mental state you need to be in while playing warframe, simply not there.

Other options I'd like to recommend is turning the game volume down and listening to like a lecture or maybe some standup comedy or whatever, some damned horror book, whatever it takes to move your attention, focus and concentration away from what is happening.

Then the next time you ask yourself if you should spend money on the game you will remember how they treated you.

I am legendary 1 so it’s too late to not care for mastery rank and I do jam to music when I play, I just had a moment and had to vent,I  will be fine until the next  farm

The trick is not too care and not wanting to do it as quickly as possible. If you have a bad streak, stop playing and come back the other day. Put on some headphones with chill music or chat with your buddies on Discord while doing the chores.

You only break your controller when you go way above your anger/frustration threshold. Just make sure you never reach it and you are golden. Warframe is a Marathon, not a Sprint.

On 2021-09-02 at 7:43 AM, (PSN)chubbslawson said:

I am legendary 1 so it’s too late to not care for mastery rank and I do jam to music when I play, I just had a moment and had to vent,I  will be fine until the next  farm

In that case, I will say it applies double to you.

Thing is, if you are willing to put up with anything what-so-ever, no amount of terrible is going too far.

If people had not cared to put in that amount of sacrifice they simply wouldn't be able to get away with it. Again apathy is the star of the show.

And not to bite your head off or anything but when you are willing to put up with anything and everything, you can't come around town later and be surprised at how you are treated.

You teach people how to treat you right. Developers are like kids, you have to set boundaries early and often.

Archived