Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add items in Ventkids wares that contribute to rest of game

78c3d5b1

Like standard Relic pack or Ayatan statue.

I like to to do races and player Yareli from time to time (Both give me ventkids standing), but main thing i can spend Ventkids standing on are related to k-drives and there is little point to buy more than one, meaning that at some point Ventkid standing becomes pointless, and quite quickly if you are not interested in getting all their items. So something like Relic pack would be a great simple addition.

... It doesn't matter what kind of evergreen rewards they add to Ventkids, its a useless side faction with a system that's largely hated by most players. The entire Yareli debacle even made it worse.

If it was possible to kill all NPC factions, Ventkids would be my first choice before Sentients.

34 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... It doesn't matter what kind of evergreen rewards they add to Ventkids, its a useless side faction with a system that's largely hated by most players.

What would be the harm in offering relic packs, though? It wouldn't add any impost upon those who choose to ignore Ventkids.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... It doesn't matter what kind of evergreen rewards they add to Ventkids, its a useless side faction with a system that's largely hated by most players. The entire Yareli debacle even made it worse.

And if K-Drives could be used in regular missions, and if Merulina could be modded, and if they offered evergreen rewards, then they wouldn't be as useless anymore. Giving them something to offer is the first step in making them not useless.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

And if K-Drives could be used in regular missions, and if Merulina could be modded, and if they offered evergreen rewards, then they wouldn't be as useless anymore. Giving them something to offer is the first step in making them not useless.

And that's your opinion.

... Don't take me wrong, opinion variety is nice...

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

And that's your opinion.

Even if it is, it's also correct. Adding more variety in how the syndicate can be useful is a great first step to improving player perception and participation. The system is highly unlikely to be removed, so doing something to keep people interested should be a no-brainer.

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I think everyone is up in arms now, but the way they did Merulina/Yareli makes sense to me now, and I think I am starting to get it. 

Yes, she has a lot of mobility issues, and can't use mods, which they have a clever lore explanation for, but I think it is clear what the game is here.

They are using Yareli/Merulina as a test to see what if any non-open world tilesets can potentially support k-drives, perhaps even with some mod support, to make them more universally useful and make Merulina better by extension if they feel they can get the mods to work on regular tilesets as well. 

Then all the Vent Kids need are a few actual evergreen rewards and some races for Cetus and they'd be in a pretty neat place actually. 

Relic Packs would be an obvious addition, maybe rotating packs of rarer Orb Vallis resources as well? For those who don't like mining/fishing/etc. 

I just wish operators could use k-drives, but I think they tested it early on and had really bad physics issues IIRC. 

24 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Please, tell me which part of

that imposes the ideology of right and wrong or gives the indication of such...

Because it's an opinion that the system can be improved while also giving indications as to how it could be improved. Your dislike of the system or its associated faction doesn't dictate everyone's perception of what it is or could be. It's almost like that's what the purpose of the feedback subforum is, rather than simply stating "that's your opinion" when it's obvious that it's an opinion by virtue of where the post is and what it entails. I'm one of those who actually likes the changes that have been made to the K-Drive system since its inception, with the notable exceptions of the Bash Lab, Perfect Balance not affecting standard collisions and Merulina not being moddable.

26 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Because it's an opinion that the system can be improved while also giving indications as to how it could be improved. Your dislike of the system or its associated faction doesn't dictate everyone's perception of what it is or could be. It's almost like that's what the purpose of the feedback subforum is, rather than simply stating "that's your opinion" when it's obvious that it's an opinion by virtue of where the post is and what it entails. I'm one of those who actually likes the changes that have been made to the K-Drive system since its inception, with the notable exceptions of the Bash Lab, Perfect Balance not affecting standard collisions and Merulina not being moddable.

... Ok.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

And that's your opinion.

... Don't take me wrong, opinion variety is nice...

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They are using Yareli/Merulina as a test to see what if any non-open world tilesets can potentially support k-drives, perhaps even with some mod support, to make them more universally useful and make Merulina better by extension if they feel they can get the mods to work on regular tilesets as well. 

Potentially? But it seems like it'd make a lot more sense to test something like this internally if they're not even sure K-Drives will work in the first place. Building a frame around a K-Drive and then releasing/selling it when they don't even know if K-Drives will work doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of what DE doesn't make sense so idk.

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Potentially? But it seems like it'd make a lot more sense to test something like this internally if they're not even sure K-Drives will work in the first place. Building a frame around a K-Drive and then releasing/selling it when they don't even know if K-Drives will work doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of what DE doesn't make sense so idk.

I'm not necessarily saying it is the logical approach, but it seems like something they'd do. 

I hate myself that I'm this cynical though. 

11 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm not necessarily saying it is the logical approach, but it seems like something they'd do. 

I hate myself that I'm this cynical though. 

Oh I absolutely get it, it does seem like a thing DE would do. I'm pretty cynical about a lot of this game as well, but a part of me keeps hoping that they've at least learned something over these eight-and-a-half years. I really hope it's just a lack of time stemming from the New War development and not another one of their stupid, visionless experiments.

Archived