Trade Chat is way more hostile and competitive than I remember.

3 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

Most (everyone?) probably knows this already, but why not use warframe.market. If it wasn't there, I would have probably never traded anything in the game. Something like the trade chat seems like the worst possible way to buy or sell stuff.

From what I remember console traders don't use W.M remotely as much as PC players.  I have friends who play on Xbox so I switched from PC, and it is my absolute biggest gripe about console trading.  I miss it, but I like playing with friends so I guess its the sacrifice I have to make.  Right now I can search for a Primed Pistol Gambit and return hundreds of offers on PC, and maybe 2 dozen on Xbox.

I sincerely hope that trading is included with the crossplay update because of this.  

Been playing for about 4 years now and of those 4 years I have always traded and made hundreds of thousands of plat by selling overpriced items in TC, power of free market.

In the last 2 years the market has gone down because of a few things.

1. Supply and demand. There is just so much supply and next to no demand because of such little new player influx or player return.

2. Relic system just brings in so much supply and new relics that in the short term its a good system but in the long term it makes the market trash + think of when we will have 1000 different types of relics when we have almost 400+ now.

3. Everyone and their Granny are selling items overpriced in TC that he makes it entirely saturated and worthless for the amount of time you spend in TC. I remember making 5k plat a day in 1 hour and dipping out of TC and to even do all my trades in takes like at least 2 hours if I actively try, longer if I'm working whilst doing trades.

4. WF.M is nice and all but fact is that you can pay for more reputation and for more sell/buy slots makes it dooky. It is dooky because people who pay get unlimited slots meaning they can and people do have thousands of listings, 100 from 5000 listings is major and there are people like that and the reputation boost which it is almost meaningless it does miss represent a person because there are fake/false/unreal/paid for reputation, they paid for that reputation no one gave them it they paid for it, so it miss represents them as a person on the market overall. It will be nice if at least there would be a /trade command say like someone would do /trade Rebore and in the text box it would show up a request and I would do /accept [name of person who requested to trade me] rather than having to sit in dojo to trade and not plat the game.

5. WF.M is just filled with people who undercut your and your Granny and sometimes that train of undercutters undercutting each other can last awhile and even bring down prices to 10-20p during active hours and prices tend to go back up those 10-20p when non active hours with less people to undercut/not even look at prices.

6. There's also just so much plat in the game, at least on PC and nothing to really spend that plat on. If you could buy tennogen with plat on PC, I would spend lot more plat and so would other people I bet. If there weren't so many relics and so much supply then prices would also go up. Funny thing is that Chroma prime got vaulted for 8 months and guess what they un-vaulted him, now that's some funny stuff right there. Vault/Relic system needs a change/update to it tbh. I am market person irl and in game, so I like to look at things slightly different than the average player who does not trade nor care but as someone with thousands of sets worth hundreds of thousands of plat just in sets at prices right now I just hoard it for the ducat value because I like ducats more than plat at this point.

7. Overall, it is no way NEAR worth it to actually sell items in TC overpriced on the market, either sell it on the market if it is worth something or if it is not worth much right now, just hold on to it for a few years until it is. Like say chroma mans has already been un-vaulted so hopefully he stays vaulted for a long time to acquire a decent price, but I doubt it. Market is trash right now and I think it just always will be.

TLDR: TC is more competitive because everyone is now trying to sell items overpriced from WF.M prices and waste literally hours of their day doing so, not worth it. It was worth it like 2 years ago but players picked up on it and been more people trying to do it of late but they got on the train too late and missed out on the bag and just everyone in TC right now trying to grab the bag. 

On console there is less supply and more demand compared to PC, so I can see why people still sell overpriced in TC there and earn a lot more than selling on WF.M and I see why if you end up "stealing" someone by selling them a cheaper set at WF.M price than their overpriced price and get mad at you kekw.

Edited by Rebore

23 hours ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

What did I miss? 

At least for me, it was a mess. While I'm not by any means a trade focuses person, I do know the basics of trading and I can get through it without too much pain.

And I never had any problems with toxicity... That before Guandao Prime dropped.

I have no idea why Guandao precisely, but I've had the only worst experiences while trying to trade to 4 sets I farmed.

People trying to "gaslight" me into thinking that it's not a worth weapon to sell and that I should have just handled them over for 30pl;

full blown salesman speeches about how it's so much worse than the Fragor Prime;

people faking insane undercuts in order to lead trade-newbies to further undercut the price, buy from them and resell at higher prices; 

organised groups where people would fake to trade only to check if I actually had the set, interrupt the trading session and leave squad with no explanation only to be then contacted by their friends (checked in their PS friend list) to receive one of the usual scam-speeches (I found it funny that they had to first check who actually has the set and who doesn't, made me think the aforementioned point of undercutting the price was so prominent that scammers incurred into each other, lol);

various insults and even a form of sexual harassment

The point is that it wasn't a just a random case, for each set I sold I had to face 4 or 5 of these kind of interactions which, again, have never happened to me before. 

15 hours ago, Rebore said:

Been playing for about 4 years now and of those 4 years I have always traded and made hundreds of thousands of plat by selling overpriced items in TC, power of free market.

Please do NOT use terms (like free market) in such a careless manner as if you understood the actual meaning of it, it's not something to be used when it's convinient to you.

Spoiler

Qa5tqQ6.jpg

Censored clan name and offensive remarks to avoid user from shaming the clan in question

On 2021-09-02 at 7:15 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Do people haggle for better prices? Yes, dude. Read a book.

There is a difference between haggling and imposing a price, some users are notorious for this. This is extremely anoying when the price is fixed and not open for negotiations.

Edited by KIREEK

5 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Please do NOT use terms (like free market) in such a careless manner as if you understood the actual meaning of it, it's not something to be used when it's convinient to you.

Reveal hidden contents

Qa5tqQ6.jpg

Censored clan name and offensive remarks to avoid user from shaming the clan in question

There is a difference between haggling and imposing a price, some users are notorious for this. This is extremely anoying when the price is fixed and not open for negotiations.

Yeah if the price is not negotiable then I immediately bail on the deal. I don't care what the reasoning is. 

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb KIREEK:

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Qa5tqQ6.jpg

Aren't you the guy who is scamming people with criminally overpriced Ignis Wraith blueprints?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Qa5tqQ6.jpg

jesus GIF

Fine, I'll sell you my loki prime not for my price of 500 but for your price for 350. Because it is not a free market and I have to haggle or else I am the bad guy for having and selling one of the oldest vaulted sets in the game.

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Isn't selling Ignis Wraith for 50p a free market?

Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

Selling ignis wraith for 50p is not a free market and it ISSSSSS the market because it is not convenient to you at all unlike overpricing sets for me.

everyone GIF

Ignis Wraith is worth 50p and not 0p, you guys are wrong this entire time because it is not a free market.

Reminder to use WF.M (not sponsored, yet) to use those prices when conducting a trade.

@KIREEKI see that you did not see my latest reddit post and are using out dated info and which you actually know are not my words. Yes I copied and pasted it the first time but over time I took out things that I never said and put in my own words, go look for yourself. Here

I actually really don't give a damn. I am here to help and if you have a problem with that then you must be the problem. I have never really thrown anything at you other than to meme, like right now. Do not come at me saying to not say "free market" when you are sitting there knowingly doing the same thing with ignis wraith, I know you are just doing it for no reason at this point and it is indeed pathetic, anyone, even a blind person can see that S#&$. Please get some help and stop, maybe play the game and not waste your time in TC to "make a point" its pathetic really overall.

bye bye goodbye GIF

Edited by Rebore
  • Like 3

Since WF Market added the ability to whisper in-game I haven't gone back to trade chat. It's mostly either people trying to get things dirt cheap or people trying to scam noobs who don't know the real market values. 

• Like 1

Am 2.9.2021 um 23:29 schrieb Rebore:

4. WF.M is nice and all but fact is that you can pay for more reputation and for more sell/buy slots makes it dooky.

I have never run into any limit and I fail to see the point of a reputation system when trading happens simultaneously with zero risk. This problem seems really theoretical.

Edited by Krankbert

Kids these days, and/or the content creators they sub to.

Your stuff, your price. I always check the warframemarket.com before I buy or sell, then set my own goals on how much plat I want to use or loose. 

Just block the greedy little S#&$s and move on.

Kids these days, and/or the content creators they sub to.

Your stuff, your price. I always check the warframemarket.com before I buy or sell, then set my own goals on how much plat I want to use or loose. 

Just block the greedy little S#&$s and move on.

57 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I have never run into any limit and I fail to see the point of a reputation system when trading happens simultaneously with zero risk. This problem seems really theoretical.

The reputation doesnt actually matter really, I have had people buy sets from me though with like 50p+ above average price because I assume I have 600+ rep and they have listings not set to lowest to highest prices.

The main thing is for me is that if you pay you get unlimited slots rather than 100. When I see people who pay they tend to have thousands of market listings. There are people who have multiple listings of the same item for loads of items in which is why they have thousands of listings. The reputation boost you get from it as well, not sure how much of a boost it is though it miss represents the person, because they might have had only 100 people give them a rep but they have 1000 reputation.

It is basically paying to have 100 listings to thousands of listings which is major for Warframe.market to limit people to just 100 and then hey if you pay $1 you can have unlimited listings in which you just might rule the market, I know someone with 1,000,000+ plat and they have thousands of listings on the market + 2000+ reputation, so not making anything up here.

It is hard to say that it is P2W because it is iffy on that subject but fact is, you can out market people because they have 100 slots and you have unlimited and you get a rep booster which miss represents a person by not showing the true amount of reputation. It is adding fake reputation to them, it is like buying fame to become famous irl rather than becoming famous for your roles in movies, you just pay money and bam your famous people know your name because you paid for it.

I'm not complaining about it because myself am rich in plat but fact is fact that it does have a slight curve in paying lets you out market people on the market by having more listings and miss represents you by having thousands of reputation when maybe you might have like 500 without that booster.

Edited by Rebore

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Rebore:

The reputation doesnt actually matter really, I have had people buy sets from me though with like 50p+ above average price because I assume I have 600+ rep and they have listings not set to lowest to highest prices.

The main thing is for me is that if you pay you get unlimited slots rather than 100. When I see people who pay they tend to have thousands of market listings. There are people who have multiple listings of the same item for loads of items in which is why they have thousands of listings. The reputation boost you get from it as well, not sure how much of a boost it is though it miss represents the person, because they might have had only 100 people give them a rep but they have 1000 reputation.

It is basically paying to have 100 listings to thousands of listings which is major for Warframe.market to limit people to just 100 and then hey if you pay $1 you can have unlimited listings in which you just might rule the market, I know someone with 1,000,000+ plat and they have thousands of listings on the market + 2000+ reputation, so not making anything up here.

It is hard to say that it is P2W because it if iffy on that subject but fact is, you can out market people because they have 100 slots and you have unlimited and you get a rep booster which miss represents a person by not showing the true amount of reputation. It is adding fake reputation to them, it is like buying fame to become famous irl rather than becoming famous for your roles in movies, you just pay money and bam your famous people know your name because you paid for it.

People with 2000 rep have 2000 rep because they trade a lot, not because of the 35 rep they got via Patreon.

Also I've never had thousands of items worth selling, let alone consistently have that many over months and months.

Edited by Krankbert

9 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

People with 2000 rep have 2000 rep because they trade a lot, not because of the 35 rep they got via Patreon.

Also I've never had thousands of items worth selling, let alone consistently have that many over months and months.

I trade a lot, I have traded since I've started playing and I have 600+ rep not that I even ask for it but if I had that booster I could easily have more than 2000 who knows idk because I dont pay for it.

Myself and others I know and again that person who I know who has 1,000,000+ plat does as well because we both grind a lot in-game and the market.

He has thousands of listings meaning he can list to sell and to buy items at no limit.

Then there is me with only 100 listings to make I have to constantly change what I have listed that I want to sell/buy, so makes it harder for me but so much easier for him since he does not. He can also out market me because he has no limit, he can list everything he is selling and buying at once and I cannot, so that is how he out markets me, I have thousands of sets on me and tens of thousands of items and so does he but I can't list them all to sell them faster/do my trades faster but he sure can.

Overall I don't really care because its meh and I might even here soon say screw it and pay $1 which is obv cheap but worth it. I can then also list everything and not have to worry about micromanaging my profile, might even boost my rep to 2000+ or it might not even register my already reputations of adding the boost.

Edited by Rebore

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Rebore:

I trade a lot, I have traded since I've started playing and I have 600+ rep not that I even ask for it but if I had that booster I could easily have more than 2000 who knows idk because I dont pay for it.

Myself and others I know and again that person who I know who has 1,000,000+ plat does as well because we both grind a lot in-game and the market.

He has thousands of listings meaning he can list to sell and to buy items at no limit.

Then there is me with only 100 listings to make I have to constantly change what I have listed that I want to sell/buy, so makes it harder for me but so much easier for him since he does not. He can also out market me because he has no limit, he can list everything he is selling and buying at once and I cannot, so that is how he out markets me, I have thousands of sets on me and tens of thousands of items and so does he but I can't list them all to sell them faster/do my trades faster but he sure can.

Overall I don't really care because its meh and I might even here soon say screw it and pay $1 which is obv cheap but worth it. I can then also list everything and not have to worry about micromanaging my profile, might even boost my rep to 2000+ or it might not even register my already reputations of adding the boost.

You know Warframe has an ingame trade limit, right?

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

You know Warframe has an ingame trade limit, right?

Yes but what does that stop?

You grind then sell/buy then grind then sell/buy and its on repeat. You make plat overtime not instantly.

Edited by Rebore

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Rebore:

Yes but what does that stop?

For example, it stops you from selling your tens of thousands of items. You act like you could have traded all of them away in a short time if only you could list them, when in reality you can only sell a few dozen and then you're done for the day.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

For example, it stops you from selling your tens of thousands of items.

You grind then sell/buy then grind then sell/buy and its on repeat. You make plat overtime not instantly.

But yeah I have more than I can actually sell with the daily limit, but if I have unlimited listings on wf.m that means I can list it all to sell and do my trades faster rather than having only a fraction of my items listed to sell, I tend to do my trades and then go offline and or grind credits or relics out, so yeah my production of items tends to overflow my ability to actually sell it all in a reasonable amount of time.

Edited by Rebore

vor 1 Minute schrieb Rebore:

But yeah I have more than I can actually sell with the daily limit, but

No, no but. You have more than you can actually sell within the daily limit period. That is why you can't sell more, not the listing limit on warframe.market like you previously implied.

7 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

No, no but. You have more than you can actually sell within the daily limit period. That is why you can't sell more, not the listing limit on warframe.market like you previously implied.

I can actually sell more and do my trades faster than I already do, my trades are slow right now because I in fact cannot list everything I want to sell in which it takes longer. I am not talking about daily trading or daily limit here I am just talking about wf.m listings 100 vs unlimited. You brought up the daily limit. I know I legit cannot sell everything I own because I am the one who owns them, so I know I cant.

I tend to buy stuff as well, so when I say "sell more" meaning I can actually sell items rather than using trades to buy stuff because trades are slow.

What I can do is turn low value items to ducats and then buy stuff from Baro and then have less items but have them be worth more overall. Which I do exactly that as well.

Edited by Rebore

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Rebore:

I can actually sell more and do my trades faster than I already do, my trades are slow right now because I in fact cannot list everything I want to sell in which it takes longer. I am not talking about daily trading or daily limit here I am just talking about wf.m listings 100 vs unlimited. You brought up the daily limit. I know I legit cannot sell everything I own because I am the one who owns them, so I know I cant.

I tend to buy stuff as well, so when I say "sell more" meaning I can actually sell items rather than using trades to buy stuff because trades are slow.

What I can do is turn low value items to ducats and then buy stuff from Baro and then have less items but have them be worth more overall. Which I do exactly that as well.

Look, I'm just going to cut this non-discussion short and will just tell you that you have 15 items listed, half of which is low-value mods worth 15p or less.

On 2021-09-01 at 5:04 PM, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Free market and all that.

LoL... Apparently some people have difficulty grasping that concept... Sounds like you really had your hands full with these people...

On 2021-09-01 at 5:04 PM, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

What happened? When did Trade Chat get this hostile? Has it always been this way and I just never noticed? 

No there's definitely something Different.... As for what it is or what's causing it... I have no idea...

On 2021-09-01 at 5:07 PM, ReddyDisco said:

So you accepted a party invite from someone who just yelled at you in all caps, that's a red flag right there

He's a true Tenno.... He gave someone the benefit of the doubt... Ofcourse we as gamers know we should never do this but what's sets Tenno apart from other Communities is that they occasionally do.... Sadly it didn't pay off this time 😞.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Look, I'm just going to cut this non-discussion short and will just tell you that you have 15 items listed, half of which is low-value mods worth 15p or less.

That you can see yes everything else disabled.