Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp: Press X to collect Mote

Joezone619

Seriously, can we have this implemented? I'm tired of these wisp boosts being more distracting then helpful.

Shock mote steals my kills
Haste mote runs me out of ammo, while adding recoil due to fire rate.
Health mote makes the things too easy.

Not much to ask, you can backflip to bypass volt's boost, roll to get out of limbo's rift, please add something here to bypass these buffs.

Yes please. Every time I get stuck with a Wisp mote, I jump down in some hole or water to get rid of them. 

Although I still hope for an all around opt out of Volt's speed. Especially because of the people that spam it. Whether it's trash duration because strength or spamming it for no reason at all despite having 15s duration. Back flipping more than I can bullet jump -_-

I leave groups with Volt's in them. Wisp is getting to that point when I see them in a group also. 

4 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

A change to inconvenience others for the sake of your convenience... For people that want to be picky about what other people play, or abilities they use, and where... there's the solo option or premade option.

It will always be here. There is a chat and voice chat in the game, but people don't use it or will ignore things. A random Nidus is more likely to ignore your request to give a damage buff. Wisp already has a feature that allows you not to put some buffs. How many electric buffs do you see at low defense levels?

And I think the problem is that you have absolutely no reason to play as a team, other than to have a good time, which seems not to be the goal of most players. And this is the reason why people will play the support frame only for themselves without asking themselves what the team needs. But the team doesn't need anything)

6 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

A change to inconvenience others for the sake of your convenience... For people that want to be picky about what other people play, or abilities they use, and where... there's the solo option or premade option.

It's not convenience, it's the fact that it flat out breaks my melee weapon and has been doing so for pretty much 2 years now. I've no idea why DE want this to happen, but they obviously do intend for it to be the case because I've been reporting it constantly and just gave up after absolutely nothing was done about it. Is this them trying to shoehorn PvP into the main game in some kind of passive-aggressive way? Because wisps, volts and valkyrs are the most dangerous enemy on the entire map to me.

See here:

18 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

It's not convenience, it's the fact that it flat out breaks my melee weapon and has been doing so for pretty much 2 years now. I've no idea why DE want this to happen, but they obviously do intend for it to be the case because I've been reporting it constantly and just gave up after absolutely nothing was done about it. Is this them trying to shoehorn PvP into the main game in some kind of passive-aggressive way? Because wisps, volts and valkyrs are the most dangerous enemy on the entire map to me.

See here:

Wisp Motes are a buff you walk over to obtain, she can't force it on you other than by placing it in a small door way, and many of these tiles with small doorways also have methods to remove buffs in the first place. If it's an endless mission, you can always ask the Wisp not place motes in door ways.

Guess what these actions are to people complaining? An inconvenience.

I have played the melee weapons, and Wukong's Staff, with Wisp's and haven't personally ran into issues with not getting the attack speed buff. Having to press X anytime I actually want them, would be an inconvenience.

Volt can be solved by preventing the buff from re-applying after you manually remove it.

Warcry is rarely re-casted, has short range and is easy to avoid.

If you're not willing to at a basic level communicate with others, or the very least be situational aware of what they're doing, then don't play with randoms.

DE would have to completely change how every single buff in the game works, as per the op's complaint. Pugging has always had its inconveniences, and you're not required to play with strangers if it's really so bothersome. It is a choice you [plural] are deliberately making, and there's no reason for DE to turn everything into a major inconvenience, or nerf x Warframe just because they don't like seeing it.

After reading through the thread, a thought occured to me: Rather than pressing X (Whichever button it's mapped to on the player's controls) to collect them, why not press x to drop them? Or perhaps make that an invertable toggle in the options? If this were ever implemented that is.

That, and an option to enable or disable this prior to the toggle choice would probably serve better than just having it occur for everyone. Hypothetically speaking, if it was a press X to collect, then that'll be something a bit less streamlined for those who want the buffs, since the buff might not be picked up right away if lag occurs. Alternatively, unless you bind it to a different key (I'm not sure if this is the case for keyboards however) when pressing X to drop the buff, you might drop whatever else you're carrying as well such as a Datamass or Bait for a Deimos Iso vault bounty.

That being said, if some sort of button action were added to the Wisp buffs, then in the event strong enough lag happens that will interfere with the buff one way or another. It may not register right away on pickup or be dropped soon enough, as an example. It's one reason why I suggested having an enabler for the toggle as an extra layer, but I dunno if that's a full-proof method to prevent the toggle from messing something up.

12 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Wisp Motes are a buff you walk over to obtain, she can't force it on you other than by placing it in a small door way, and many of these tiles with small doorways also have methods to remove buffs in the first place. If it's an endless mission, you can always ask the Wisp not place motes in door ways.

Or on the defence objective. That one's kinda critical seeing as how I have to actually defend it and you can't defend it if you're off somewhere else.

I have played the melee weapons, and Wukong's Staff, with Wisp's and haven't personally ran into issues with not getting the attack speed buff. Having to press X anytime I actually want them, would be an inconvenience.

And yet every single time I get a speed buff, my polearm breaks. Without fail. Every single time for the past two years, ever since they changed their input parsing.

Volt can be solved by preventing the buff from re-applying after you manually remove it.

Warcry is rarely re-casted, has short range and is easy to avoid.

#1 would work, #2 depends - if they're using eternal war, better hope that there's a cliff somewhere that I can throw myself off because there's no way I can get rid of it otherwise.

This is not the first thread about someone wanting a way to opt-out of "buffs". It's not an isolated issue.

Shock Motes are especially egregious during defense missions with elevation - enemies get stunned under terrain, time to waste time finding where they are in the map. There is rarely a situation that I ever want to pick up a Shock Mote, they are just frustrating. 

Fundamentally, I just hate having wisps in my team - not because they inconvenience me - but because their motes simply trivialize the game. I’d rather have her motes be nerfed.

Like seriously it has a heal that’s insanely good, a health buff much better than Chroma’s elemental ward, and a constant electric stun all in ONE Warframe. Someone in the balance team must have completely forgot about power creep. 

On 2021-09-01 at 3:05 PM, Joezone619 said:

Seriously, can we have this implemented? I'm tired of these wisp boosts being more distracting then helpful.

Shock mote steals my kills
Haste mote runs me out of ammo, while adding recoil due to fire rate.
Health mote makes the things too easy.

Not much to ask, you can backflip to bypass volt's boost, roll to get out of limbo's rift, please add something here to bypass these buffs.

Alternate idea have a roll cancle like limbos banish, or a back roll cancle like volts speed.

On 2021-09-02 at 5:08 AM, (PSN)max141064 said:

Never in my life i thought i would see someone getting mad because they get buffed...

Volts speed, 

Archived