Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your thoughts on Nidus Prime accessories?

-Vahagn-

Necramech skin is a very bad idea, at least as a prime accessory.

I already hate necramechs for how they're introduced, and how they're forced upon us, like our warframes are just useless even though father himself said we were the "second wave", you know, the one prepared specifically against the threat, not the initial defense... so uhh... we aren't we sentient immune if those who came before us were? Especially since they were made (to my knowledge) before sentients.

Then you have orphix venom... lets lock they player out of everything they spent years refining, including the paracysis, excalibur umbra, and the umbral mods... to fight sentients with robot that looks like corn.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Americas Got Talent What GIF by iOne Digital
that’s my Mesa in my orbiter in that screen shot. That’s an older screen shot. That said I’m flattered but where did you get that pic? Was it from an old post when I posted the filigree prime decor on the forums? 

Yeah, I'm sorry for stealing your pic. It was ideal because you have a clean ship and modest warframe colours!

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

hey probably searched filigree prime, it is the first picture that shows up after you search it at least here where I live

Yup. I remember the internet before google existed, couldn't find anything decent. Those were dark days.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Mech skin is neat but I will likely pass on this one like all the others.

If I get nidus prime his technocyst skin is going right back on immediately. 

Same unless that stack effect is that cool I'll just got back to his deluxe skin.

Don't care for most of the cosmetics, but the Necramech skin rubs me the wrong way for the same reason as the Bruntspar skin. We've got two Necramechs and now two universal skins. Bruntspar has the cool chainsaw hand, but since it's a skin this doesn't do anything. It's a wasted piece of cool design. Why not give it some abilities and release a third Necramech instead? We could certainly use the variety. And here we have a second totally unique Necramech design that's just another skin, instead of being our fourth Necramech. We could have an Infested Prime Necramech. Instead we're getting a skin, and it's gonna look goofy pulling out an Arquebex or having a shield bolted onto it. I'm probably gonna buy the accessories pack for it anyways, but it's such a shame.

Edit: Decided against the $50 skin. Maybe when it's unvaulted later.

The problem with the Necramech skin is that it will probably be broken in the same way the Bruntspar and any alternate helmets are. When used on a Voidrig with the Storm Shroud ability the head starts spinning, which looks absolutely silly when used with anything ohter than the default helmet. There is no option to disable it, so all alternate skins on the Voidrig are automatically broken.

16 minutes ago, Prexades said:

The problem with the Necramech skin is that it will probably be broken in the same way the Bruntspar and any alternate helmets are. When used on a Voidrig with the Storm Shroud ability the head starts spinning, which looks absolutely silly when used with anything ohter than the default helmet. There is no option to disable it, so all alternate skins on the Voidrig are automatically broken.

Honestly I hate the necramech cosmetics being mix and match. Nearly all of them clip the shoulders and don't fit together correctly. Then you got weirdness like Bonewidow's shield plate just being glued to the torso of whatever skin you're using, regardless of how badly it clips. Or things like Voidrig's head spinning around causing general ugliness. Then you got abilities that make no sense, like the mines it shoots out that on the normal skin come from little canisters which are just missing on the other mechs. Oh and the Bruntspar, seemingly has a chainsaw blade on its wrist, as if it was meant to be its own mech at one point but was scrapped, and when used on the other mech models the forearms just bend and distort like the skeleton for the mesh wasn't rigged for that model.

Seems like mech cosmetics as a whole were more of an afterthought. That being said though I love the look of the new Prime mech skin, I just hope they release another mech design as some point that works well with it without the inconsistencies and ugliness I've come to expect from the other cosmetics.

This will be one of the very few times I get a prime accesory bundle.

I do enjoy infested aesthetics. And since the decoration color is going to be changeable it's even better to match my existing interiors.

the nechramech skin is nice , not sure I will use the syandana though.

As much as I like the Mech skin I'm still not gonna get the PA. We just cant use mechs in enough places to make purchasing a skin worthwhile for me. And I wont buy it based on "mechs will eventually be usable everywhere". The only place I actually use mine is on Steel Path PoE and that is because Bonewidow's 4th skill insta kills acolytes, which is nice since I never stop to fight anything with my frame out there, so never build combo and so on.

9 hours ago, Jim22 said:

what happened to the evolving armour they showed at tennocon I really thought it would've came with nidus prime but I guess not 

What do you mean by evolving armor?

7 hours ago, Prexades said:

Why do you say broken? It's supposed to spin; it might look silly to you, but it works correctly

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

What do you mean by evolving armor?

Why do you say broken? It's supposed to spin; it might look silly to you, but it works correctly

I would only a skin on warframe weapon or necramechs when I like the visuals. If the cosmetic effect looks silly because part of the model is spinning, which ruins the look, then yes it is absolutely broken.

Is such a simple concept really hard to grasp for some people?

1 minute ago, Prexades said:

I would only a skin on warframe weapon or necramechs when I like the visuals. If the cosmetic effect looks silly because part of the model is spinning, which ruins the look, then yes it is absolutely broken.

Is such a simple concept really hard to grasp for some people?

It's not broken if works correctly, you just don't like it

18 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

we aren't we sentient immune if those who came before us were? Especially since they were made (to my knowledge) before sentients.

Er... perhaps because the Orphix were specifically designed to counter Warframes, since the Sentients didn't know we had access to Necramechs? And the fact that Necramechs were much more basic than Warframes is what allows them to work in the tech-disabling fields they emit?

If you're going to complain about inconsistencies, it's best to pay attention so you don't ask questions that are literally answered by the event in question. Also, Necramechs were made after the Sentients. They were designed to be dumb enough that the Sentients couldn't subvert them, but strong enough to take the fight to the enemy.

19 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

to fight sentients with robot that looks like corn.

Bahahaha.

Im getting the accessories pack for the orbiter skin, the necramech skin, and most importantly the 90 resource booster. I rarely if ever use a necramech but if I do I would prefer this skin.

Might be the best one so far. Nechramechs are my favorite "warframe" in years because they actually feel different to play and the skin is downright transcendent and unlike other Prime Accessories, as with the included syandana, isn't a gaudy trinket that only works in the context of making something look tacky.

They all look nice, I like the Necramech skin the most. I would love to get my hands on that but I don't think I will be paying the steep price of admission for that alone. And this doesn't really have anything to do with the main attraction itself (Nidus) not being one of my favorites - the price for prime access is really steep and I cannot justify such a purchase right now.

Archived