Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment idea: Augment for Nyx's Psychic Bolts

(NSW)Greybones

I love Nyx, and making a best friend from a worst enemy is quite fun.

Recently I was watching my level 110 mind-controlled friend chew through his allies, as I'd debuff enemies with Psychic Bolts and we'd go to town on the now-weakened enemies, and it got me wondering about a small augment idea;

If someone under the effect of Mind Control (maybe even Chaos?) kills an enemy debuffed by Psychic Bolts, what if the debuff effect could jump to the next nearest enemy with remaining duration?

There have been a few times where we'd be back-to-back and we'd clear the debuffed enemies, and then I'd recast to help my friend keep up his steam. Was thinking it'd be kind of cool if I could watch one side and know that my buddy is watching a different side and killing at almost the same rate.

edit: Also, if I have to duck out because "Ahhh!! I'mgonnadierunaway!", they can hold down the fort a little better while I recover precious shields

5 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

If someone under the effect of Mind Control (maybe even Chaos?) kills an enemy debuffed by Psychic Bolts, what if the debuff effect could jump to the next nearest enemy with remaining duration?

Just make such an Augment trigger on death, period. No need to get Mind Control or Chaos involved.

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just make such an Augment trigger on death, period. No need to get Mind Control or Chaos involved.

That could work too, though it may start getting a little too powerful (on-death was one of the first considerations). I’d prefer some sort of synergy amongst abilities

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’d prefer some sort of synergy amongst abilities

You can have that on the base abilities, for Augments I much prefer those being specifically for the ability I'm augmenting :P

Plus I Helminth-replaced Mind Control on my "main" Nyx build lol

Archived