Titania rework to make flexibility

selig_fay

Passive: Titania spawn 1 razorfly when using her abilities (max 6). When razorfly dies, she returns to Titania, healing the owner and closest allies by 100hp.

Spellbind: Faster one hand cast. Allies receive a status immunity. Enemy are blinded for 10 seconds. While the ability is active, direct damage to the vulnerable is increased by 100%. Divata is aimed at the vulnerable point while the ability is active.

Lantern: Faster cast. It works the same way. Now it highlights the vulnerable points of the enemy. The illumination of vulnerable points works through walls, while CC does not. Augment now works through walls. Augment seems to have some bug now and does not provide +100% damage. we need a fix.

Thorny thorns: The Thorny Curse: Titania and her closest allies (including razorfly) reflect 50% damage. Reflected damage creates a vine that slows down the enemy (including actions) for 5 seconds. The duration of the vine is updated as long as the enemy continues to receive damage from any sources.

Augment: It also reduces the target's armor while the vine is active.

Razorwing: Mods of standard weapons are no longer removed in razorwing mod. 

Archwing weapons are no longer canceled, but simply hidden when using razorwing.

Razorfly damage can now activate hidden companion mods that require the companion to deal damage.

Augment (cant be used with razorwing blitz): -100% gravity while aimglide. Dex pixia can no longer aim. Instead, when aiming, you quickly cancel razorwing and start aimglide with a normal weapon. When the aimglide ends or you cancel the aim, razorwing will be activated again. Melee is not available in this aimglide mode.

This mod is just created for a specific style of play where you change the mode. I understand that you can click on the razorwing release button, but it's just more convenient, nothing more.

The only thing I've forgotten is the mechanics of collecting souls, but I think Titania is already busy enough to do this.

Edited by selig_fay
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice try, Titania needs to simplify the operation of skills while Razorflies needs more presence and connection to skills. I always wanted Razorflies to be improved by mods. At the same time, Titania's damage output is still too weak to cope with high level, heavily armored enemies, and she can only destroy one by one inefficiently. I'd even like to be able to use my mainhand weapon while flying.

7 hours ago, MzKsG said:

Nice try, Titania needs to simplify the operation of skills while Razorflies needs more presence and connection to skills. I always wanted Razorflies to be improved by mods. At the same time, Titania's damage output is still too weak to cope with high level, heavily armored enemies, and she can only destroy one by one inefficiently. I'd even like to be able to use my mainhand weapon while flying.

Keep working on your Titania damage. I have reached the point where I don't know where Titania's damage limit is but it's past the point I'm going to stay in a mission. I am still killing Nox and Demolysts in fractions of a second long into an Arbitration.

If you want to use your mainland weapons while flying, add some cast speed and gravity mods and you can switch bomb really easily - I recommend a secondary Sporelacer kitgun with Pax Soar though because you can stop momentum by firing and you'll get the benefits of being able to use pistol arcanes to benefit damage to both this and your Pixia.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 8:57 PM, Twin_Fawn said:

If you want to use your mainland weapons while flying, add some cast speed and gravity mods and you can switch bomb really easily - I recommend a secondary Sporelacer kitgun with Pax Soar though because you can stop momentum by firing and you'll get the benefits of being able to use pistol arcanes to benefit damage to both this and your Pixia.

I've found that the best way to work on her damage to large groups of enemies is to turn off her razorwing. As I said earlier, people invest too much in the build to destroy targets in the same way as normal AOE weapons, when they can just destroy targets with normal weapons. I use bramma (because DE is DE and we can't use anything other than this thing, since auto-reload doesn't work in razorwing for the main weapon) and arcane for critical chance, which adds damage to Dex Pixia as well. And I find it better than any minigun build. Of course, if we are not talking about special situations with Lephantis. 

And don't forget about pets, especially the cat, which allows you to get rid of the virus on your weapon, and which is not used in razorwing. Or about dog mods, which allows you to make a status explosion at 30 meters. My complaints are still the same, Titania is funny, but she has too many limitations for her mechanics and too little flexibility when using razorwing. I would prefer razorwing to be a weak mode, but it would be provided as an equinox gameplay and would have more opportunities to make it strong or just fun in combination with weapons and abilities. But we work with what we have. People prefer to invest in abilities more than in weapons. 

Edited by selig_fay

13 hours ago, selig_fay said:

I've found that the best way to work on her damage to large groups of enemies is to turn off her razorwing. As I said earlier, people invest too much in the build to destroy targets in the same way as normal AOE weapons, when they can just destroy targets with normal weapons. I use bramma (because DE is DE and we can't use anything other than this thing, since auto-reload doesn't work in razorwing for the main weapon) and arcane for critical chance, which adds damage to Dex Pixia as well. And I find it better than any minigun build. Of course, if we are not talking about special situations with Lephantis. 

And don't forget about pets, especially the cat, which allows you to get rid of the virus on your weapon, and which is not used in razorwing. Or about dog mods, which allows you to make a status explosion at 30 meters. My complaints are still the same, Titania is funny, but she has too many limitations for her mechanics and too little flexibility when using razorwing. I would prefer razorwing to be a weak mode, but it would be provided as an equinox gameplay and would have more opportunities to make it strong or just fun in combination with weapons and abilities. But we work with what we have. People prefer to invest in abilities more than in weapons. 

Auto reload works perfectly fine at least with synth mods. I like to use Tombfinger with Aerial Ace and Pax Soar so there's no slot for reload while holstered on the weapon but I use some Synth mods on my MOA and it refills ammo while you're flying. Maybe test some of those out if you have them and see if the weapon slot one is bugged? This also works on my secondary Sporelacer.

I don't know about you but I can't make a Demolyst DISAPPEAR IN A SPLIT SECOND an hour into a Disruption using a Bramma. I use Razorwing most of the time and I also sorta prefer that my pet is stowed safely away instead of being shot to death while I'm flying around at 200kph ^^;

Titania's limitations for her mechanics seem fair to me. She gets an exquisitely high damage weapon, enough defense that defensive mods are generally unnecessary even in steel path, even small minions that distract a significant amount of enemy fire, access to almost every Helminth skill while flying (Reave doesn't work and Tesla Nervos gets really bugged out so far from what I've tested), awesome vacuum and literally the most effective and potentially fastest movement in the game - her only limitations over being on the ground are that she has to use her Exalted weapons of which one is a monster (yes the other one is useless garbage), your pet isn't out (I like that) and you can't interact with objects.

Respectfully, she gets a lot in exchange for using her mode which you can easily flip out of to bomb a few Grineer with an AoE weapon.

Yareli can only use secondaries while riding and has a passive that only boosts crit weapons specifically from that category, severely limiting the field of good weapons to pick from.. She can't use Helminth skills while riding Merulina. Using operator kicks her off of Merulina. She has severely restricted mobility vertically and can't move like most Warframes do, struggling to get anywhere in a tight space. She loses vacuum while riding Merulina. Defensive mods don't affect Merulina. Merulina can't be modded or changed in any way to make it faster or behave differently at all. This is in exchange for 75% damage reduction *but a bigger hitbox*

If Titania traded in anywhere near that much in exchange for so little, I might be able to agree with you..

I dont even know what this thread is about? Flexibility? You mean how much you can do in the game with said frame? Titania is already one of the most flexible frames in that regard. That's kinda what happens when you give a frame a form that has super sonic flying movement, reduced hitbox, passive taunt minions, high damage exalted weapons and access to most helminth skills (yo thermal sunder relic/corrupted mod grinding) ontop of status immunity.

For some unthinkable reason Aviator, aerodynamic and agility drift are all allowed to be permanently active during razorwing, giving her a ton of always active bulk from her exilus slot. You can probably boost that to stupid levels if you have 4 aerodynamics in your group.

compared to titanias applications in the game, atleast 75% of the roster seems like unusuable garbage.

Edited by iHaku

8 hours ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Auto reload works perfectly fine at least with synth mods. I like to use Tombfinger with Aerial Ace and Pax Soar so there's no slot for reload while holstered on the weapon but I use some Synth mods on my MOA and it refills ammo while you're flying. Maybe test some of those out if you have them and see if the weapon slot one is bugged? This also works on my secondary Sporelacer.

You may be using a secondary weapon. I'm talking about the basics. The main weapon does not recharge because it disappears completely during razorwing. There are some bugs that allow you to fix this, but these are bugs.

I don't know about you but I can't make a Demolyst DISAPPEAR IN A SPLIT SECOND an hour into a Disruption using a Bramma. I use Razorwing most of the time and I also sorta prefer that my pet is stowed safely away instead of being shot to death while I'm flying around at 200kph ^^;

Easy. Not everything rests only on bramma.  This is the flexibility in using standard weapons. Even if DE nerf is all good weapons, you will always find broken weapons according to the situation.

On the other hand, the specific situation does not show the effectiveness of the frame as a whole, because nekros has a good farm, but I will not say that it is a good frame.

Regarding pets, I have done a lot of tests using Djinn and Infested cats, which are available in razorwing with some manipulations. The only problem I see is that sentinels become 2 times bigger than Titania, which is why they get all the damage instead of Titania. But I don't see any problems with cats and dogs. When you go to a high level, you either put either autoresp (also hello dispancer, which I use on Titania as large strength builds) or big time bleeding mode and this is not a problem. You can say it's an opportunity, I'll say it's a disadvantage. It all depends on the opinion.

Titania's limitations for her mechanics seem fair to me. She gets an exquisitely high damage weapon, enough defense that defensive mods are generally unnecessary even in steel path, even small minions that distract a significant amount of enemy fire, access to almost every Helminth skill while flying (Reave doesn't work and Tesla Nervos gets really bugged out so far from what I've tested), awesome vacuum and literally the most effective and potentially fastest movement in the game - her only limitations over being on the ground are that she has to use her Exalted weapons of which one is a monster (yes the other one is useless garbage), your pet isn't out (I like that) and you can't interact with objects.

I'm not saying that Dex Pixia is weak. I say that focusing only on this weapon seems useless to me. Dex Pixia does a great job with single targets, but why would I kill enemies one at a time when I can just blow them up? So I give up blitz because I use shape shifting very often and blitz becomes very expensive. But nothing prevents me from having a build on DPS Dex Pixia only. I just don't use it because I don't see the point.

Respectfully, she gets a lot in exchange for using her mode which you can easily flip out of to bomb a few Grineer with an AoE weapon.

That's what I wrote about. Why concentrate on one mode when shape shifting is quite effective?

Yareli can only use secondaries while riding and has a passive that only boosts crit weapons specifically from that category, severely limiting the field of good weapons to pick from.. She can't use Helminth skills while riding Merulina. Using operator kicks her off of Merulina. She has severely restricted mobility vertically and can't move like most Warframes do, struggling to get anywhere in a tight space. She loses vacuum while riding Merulina. Defensive mods don't affect Merulina. Merulina can't be modded or changed in any way to make it faster or behave differently at all. This is in exchange for 75% damage reduction *but a bigger hitbox*

You won't believe it, Titania had a lot of problems at the very beginning. For example, the problem is that she had the power of a Chroma weapon to kill 70 levels, which was considered high at that time, but she did not have the survivability of Chroma, so she was considered garbage even with all her mobility. She has come a long way to become more useful. But I think she doesn't use all the features that the game provides. As I said before, I'm not particularly interested in pets, as if we were given the opportunity to equip archwing weapons in a razorwing. I know a couple of melee weapons that I think would be better than Divata. 

The only reason I'm talking about pets is the full moon, because unlike dogs that can kill mobs of 200 levels through a large khomm status, the full moon is completely useless for razorfly. If they were doing damage and had at least 4 companion mods, I wouldn't have any questions for them. But now with nerf armor, they can't even live normally and distract enemies. Not to mention the hounds, who can live better than most warframes and still manage to kill enemies and sometimes kill or remove armor.

Edited by selig_fay

14 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Yes, my primary Tombfinger self reloads in Razorwing. I don't usually use it though because I like to use Velocity and Precision together, both of which will effect a Sporelacer secondary but not a Tombfinger primary. It's hilarious melting crowds of steel path grineer on Titania when people think she just dies if she leaves Razorwing ^^

I am not really sure what limitations you're bothered by which is why I pointed out how relatively relaxed they are but it seems like you want to use Archwing weapons while in Razorwing? This would be game wrecking at low levels and useless at high levels, it would be really hard to get behind it. I am sorry if I've misread what you typed on this though!

Personally, Razorflies start to drop in steel path but I sort of expect that when playing on "hard mode" - they are easily recastable and mean nothing except for soaking aggro, and they work. Do you think it would be good for Warframe to have a player with numerous self guided companions cruising a relic map and slaughtering everything if their damage was bumped higher? I personally do not. They already do that in earlier relic stages, honestly. I think having scaling survivability would be nice, though!

Yes, I know Titania had it rough in the beginning - although I want to try the experimental flight model they used for her and I hope they just add it back as an augment for fun someday. Even as a Titania player who agrees with you on some stuff like Lantern casting way too slow and Tribute not being up to par I do not believe she is in the worst state a Warframe can be in by a long shot. Frames like Yareli need to go first, and I am saying this with 32% Titania playtime.

This would be game wrecking at low levels and useless at high levels, it would be really hard to get behind it.

Lol, I'm already destroying low and high levels with normal weapons. Try putting weapons arcane for fun instead of arcane energyze.

On the other hand, Titania is already destroying low levels for beginners, but that doesn't bother anyone.

Frames like Yareli need to go first, and I am saying this with 32% Titania playtime.

In principle, I'm not worried about the order in which the frames will be reworked. I'm just suggesting. I think that Titania should be redesigned only in archwing reworks, because this is the perfect moment. And when they start to deal with archwing, that's another question.

Edited by selig_fay

6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Lol, I'm already destroying low and high levels with normal weapons. Try putting weapons arcane for fun instead of arcane energyze.

On the other hand, Titania is already destroying low levels for beginners, but that doesn't bother anyone.

In principle, I'm not worried about the order in which the frames will be reworked. I'm just suggesting. I think that Titania should be redesigned only in archwing reworks, because this is the perfect moment. And when they start to deal with archwing, that's another question.

Respectfully, I don't think you're even reading responses.

On my first post I literally talked about switch bombing, then you preached about how I should try switch bombing?

On my second post I talked about how reload was working on my Tombfinger and my secondary which was a Sporelacer, then you replied saying maybe my Tombfinger was a secondary and I didn't know what I was using?

On my third post, I literally mentioned specifically which weapon arcanes I'm currently using and your reply is to "Try putting weapons arcane for fun instead of arcane energize"

I am done engaging with someone who will patronize but not actually read responses.

Good luck getting D.E. to let you use Ayanga with Titania or whatever though ^^;

I used to play titania a /lot/ myself, but i consider her more or less obsolete at this point. I'm not entirely sure of how she could be fixed either. 

The main problem is that razorwing has been pretty much rendered completely obsolete by current primary weapons. Mainly due to dex pixia lacking any real kind of AoE damage. Since dex pixia also needs more precise aiming than most of the "meta" weapons these days, its ultimately more effort for less effect and as such ive pretty much replaced titania completely, even if she used to be my favorite frame since even before the archwing movement rework. Without razorwing all that titania does is fairly bad CC, so most frames are better if that isnt used.

• Like 1

On 2021-11-06 at 6:45 PM, Twin_Fawn said:

Good luck getting D.E. to let you use Ayanga with Titania or whatever though ^^;

I may just misunderstand some things, English is not my native language.

On 2021-11-09 at 5:45 PM, Vahenir said:

The main problem is that razorwing has been pretty much rendered completely obsolete by current primary weapons. Mainly due to dex pixia lacking any real kind of AoE damage. Since dex pixia also needs more precise aiming than most of the "meta" weapons these days, its ultimately more effort for less effect and as such ive pretty much replaced titania completely, even if she used to be my favorite frame since even before the archwing movement rework. Without razorwing all that titania does is fairly bad CC, so most frames are better if that isnt used.

Yes, that's what I usually talk about. But people mostly have counterarguments, like Dex Pixia is already strong, the minigun build is our everything, and just put the piercing through. Divata could fix the situation, but it is only good up to level 60 or just quickly remove some armor for Dex Pixia. 

And is 4th CC, I can't use more than one of them for CC because it's a waste of time without a good effect. Spellbind is good, but it prevents Dex Pixia from killing. People called the nerf status blast successful only because it prevents getting into the head, but spellbind, which makes the enemy convulse, does not bother anyone. Tribute, it's just a knockdown. Bulletjamp, you know. Debuff weapon damage reduction is similar to stack only on tenno. Not that I mind, but sometimes it would be useful to reduce the damage of a boss or necromech by 99% just spam Tribute. Lantern, slow pull enemies + it does not jam their weapons from firing. Slow cast, enemies will die before it has any effect at all. Only for afk farm with this thing. And razorfly, which are taunt enemies, die very quickly. The Nerf armor was a very strong blow to them. But, razorfly is still the only CC that is somehow useful.

Yes, it's just outdated. Like wukong at one time, which also had 2 useful buttons, but was used only for the abuse of mechanics. I think Titania is in a similar situation now, except maybe razorwing stayed cheerful while wukong was sad.

But so far Titania is in a good situation actually. No, not because razorwing. Because 50% DR for a long time without any binding to mods and gelminth, do their job. Titania is actually very good at defense if you stop trying to do it in glass cannon just for razorwing.

But yes, she needs big changes to make razorwing free, but also to give more concentration to shape shift mechanics so that players see the point of using both forms, and not sitting in one all the time. But equinox will cry. As it were, mostly people come to topics about Titania to prove that everything is fine, only thinking that other frames need rework more than Titania. But I think there is also a fear that Titania will no longer be the fastest frame that can be abused for fast missions. But I'm more worried about her combat condition and gameplay than about the little things, like coming to the evacuation 5 seconds before Wisp. And I also have big questions for people who are not trying to play with weapons. Titania is Gunner now. How is it that you can't customize your normal weapons, but you play Titania effectively? This is a very big question for me. Maybe I really live in a parallel universe.

Edited by selig_fay