Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime's weapons

gogita

Question

Why are Nidus Prime's weapons the wrong ones and not the Hema and Hirudo those are the weapons that was brought into the game for him how did you get those wrong another DE fail.  he has his weapons like other frames when they became primes they got their weapons as primes so should he 

11 answers to this question

Yep, yep, yep.

DE came out a while ago to say that the only weapons that get Prime variants are the ones of Tenno make (ostensibly because the Tenno made 'production model' variants).

Weapons made exclusively by the Corpus, Grineer, Infestation or Cephalons are not eligible for Prime variants.

And, before you say 'Sentinels', the canonical origin of the Sentinels is that they are basically tiny creatures the Tenno found and domesticated, and the Orokin gave them armour, so all Sentinels are capable of being Primed, even if the base version appears to be of Faction origin.

So... yeah... Funnily enough, the other factions do create variants of Tenno weapons too, which is why we have so many, many, many Cernos variants ^^

But it does mean that you will not (unless DE completely ret-cons the system) see a Prime variant of the other faction weapons.

14 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So... yeah... Funnily enough, the other factions do create variants of Tenno weapons too, which is why we have so many, many, many Cernos variants ^^

And its extra funny because the Prob Cernos is far closer to a Paris in limb and grip design (aka everything except the aiming arch+stabilizer combo) which doesnt have alt faction or at least infested variant already like Cernos.

11 hours ago, gogita said:

Why are Nidus Prime's weapons the wrong ones and not the Hema and Hirudo

As many have already said, they are Infested in origin and thus cannot be primed. The reason it's different for Nidus is because he's the first frame to be primed with an origin outside of the norm.

another DE fail.

They're keeping it lore-friendly by doing this, you don't get to call it a fail when them doing what you want here would make no canonical sense.

he has his weapons like other frames when they became primes they got their weapons as primes so should he

As stated above, his origin isn't normal and thus his prime weapon selection also isn't normal.

there's been more questionable combinations such as Nezha Deluxe weapon camo not being  a polearm and Nidus Deluxe weapon not being a sparring weapon to pair with Hirudo.

as multiple poeople stated above, those weps weren't Orokin made.

Maybe I missed it but isn't a better question WHY there's a Nidus Prime in the first place? Unless I'm mistaken wasn't Nidus sort of 'out of the picture' during the Orokin age and therefore not exactly around to be 'redesigned' as a prime? I seem to recall his origin and roots were shrouded in a lot of uncertainty. Granted I haven't played the Glast Gambit since it first came out so maybe I should just replay it.

1 hour ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

Maybe I missed it but isn't a better question WHY there's a Nidus Prime in the first place? Unless I'm mistaken wasn't Nidus sort of 'out of the picture' during the Orokin age and therefore not exactly around to be 'redesigned' as a prime? I seem to recall his origin and roots were shrouded in a lot of uncertainty. Granted I haven't played the Glast Gambit since it first came out so maybe I should just replay it.

Glast Gambit reward was pretty much "here's a Warframe blueprint that we don't really know much about", beyond that players have their own ideas which sometimes get repeated enough that it ends up perceived as lore.

As far as DE is concerned, every frame is going to get a prime. Incidentally they also apparently have some lore explanation for Nidus anyways (along with a Ballas narrated Prime trailer)

20 hours ago, gogita said:

Why are Nidus Prime's weapons the wrong ones and not the Hema and Hirudo those are the weapons that was brought into the game for him how did you get those wrong another DE fail.  he has his weapons like other frames when they became primes they got their weapons as primes so should he 

not all the prime frames had there signature weapons that there non versions came with.

when a prime warframe comes out DE takes a pick from the orokin/tenno weapons an dips them in the heavenly buffing gold.
only 5 prime warframes had came out with a signature weapon there normal versions came with.

Because there are no correlation whatsoever between:

- Vanilla launch weapons,

- Prime launch weapons,

- Leverian weapons,

- Collection (bundle) weapons,

- Theme of the frame itself,

- and actual Signature weapons.

Canonically everything are correct and DE will just do whatever make sense for them at the time.

As a mesa fan, I learned it the hard way. Your life will be much easier as well if you learn to let it go.

Archived