Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the Heavy Attack animation of one handed Nikanas

DCaedus

The current Heavy Attack animation of one handed Nikanas limits their potential drastically, to the point of making them unviable as Heavy Attack weapons.

As you can see Nikanas don't hit all the enemies in their path, but they skip some and hit some along the way of the heavy attack animation.

I wish the heavy attack animation on one handed nikanas was more like the one on two handed nikanas, which is far more reliable and consistent.

MEIUmESLH8HffC1ZVR.gif

4 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... You don't damage where the blade doesn't touch.

Despite all the changes they have made towards the current Melee system, that's the only thing that's consistent across the board....

That's not true.

And I'm not sure about Nikana because for some reasons it only show part of the gif when I download it.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... Ok...

... I'm not even going to discuss it because obviously the circumstances you're basing in order to determine its validity are different than mine...

When I see no damage or even at least no interaction with enemies with some melee combo (not nikana) then your "consistent across the board" sounds weird. Maybe I've understood it incorrectly.

The one-handed looks so cool though. I’m not quite sure what’s going on, but it looks like a drawslash? 

I’d be a little saddened if there was no room for non-sweeping animations, personally. If it was updated so its hits were hitting in an understandable way with the same animation, I could theoretically get behind that (not sure how inconsistent it is since I haven’t used a 1-handed nikana yet)

edit: Oh wait, I think that was the point of the topic. Haha, I misunderstood “potential” as “potential for multikills”

Archived