Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Astilla vs Astilla Prime Disposition

IlandriaClover

I realize new weapons are released at 0.55 disposition... But imo it's pretty silly that the Astilla with a riven is actually a better weapon than the Astilla Prime with the same riven equipped.

Here's an image comparing the two - the listed stats are the Astilla with only my riven equipped, while the penciled in numbers are what the Astilla Prime has with only the same riven equipped (red circle = Astilla Prime is better, green circle = Astilla is better):

fP74Jpl.jpeg

I realize it's happened in the past a few times, but the feeling of a primed weapon being worse than the base (for any reason, whatever it is) is pretty disheartening. I've gone back to using the base Astilla and am hoping disposition changes will fix this soon... 😢

Maybe someday the disposition system could be reworked to prevent this from happening - perhaps put a minimum bound on variant weapons so they can't possibly have worse stats than the base variant, regardless of disposition?

Give it a few months, then it'll be far more appropriately positioned, maybe.

Honestly, as much as I love Astilla, the tenet/kuva shotguns put it to shame, not including their extra capacity allow any builds and its become more of a hassle to use since they added self stagger to it. Add in its still got its pointless random slug curve after a certian range for no reason, disposition is the least of the issues with Astilla prime.

I guess the best thing you can do is Don't Buy Rivens for New Weapons.

Wait a few months to where the dispo is normal, and the New Content Hype is gone.  Pay less plat, get better dispo.

its a Win-Win

except for DE, reduced Plat trading between players, hurts the demand for Plat $purchases$.

I wonder how long till the Minimum Dispo backlash starts to hurt the bottom line enough that they rethink the policy?

10 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I guess the best thing you can do is Don't Buy Rivens for New Weapons.

Wait a few months to where the dispo is normal, and the New Content Hype is gone.  Pay less plat, get better dispo.

its a Win-Win

except for DE, reduced Plat trading between players, hurts the demand for Plat $purchases$.

I wonder how long till the Minimum Dispo backlash starts to hurt the bottom line enough that they rethink the policy?

Astilla Prime isn't a "new" weapon. One could have had an Astilla riven long before. Anyone that has a riven to an existing weapon that gets a variant in the future with minor stat boost will be in this position.

Following the minimum disposition rule only makes sense for weapons that are actually new, or if DE changes the weapon in a notable way. Changing the way a weapon looks slightly, and a small stat change, is neither of that.

Archived