Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corvas + Slash on Profittaker

ArmaTeKarma

Question

9 answers to this question

I think we'd need to know more information to be able to give solid answers to this. It sounds pretty strange to me.

Can you post your loadout and/or gameplay of what you're seeing? I don't think there is anything about Corvas, by itself, that should result in dealing slash damage.

Just because the damage it shows is what you've just mentioned, it doesn't mean that it won't deal slash damage. However, the value is so low, so extremely low, that it simply doesn't have weight.

This is pretty much the same case of an elemental weapon that deals exclusively elemental damage, as the arsenal shows, and enemies get damaged by its base physical damage that ends up being so low, so extremely low, that it simply doesn't have weight... But it has weight enough to simply not do 0 damage.

Now, the important thing you didn't mention is if the damage is as low, like I described in the previous example, as to simply not do 0 damage or if it deals the normal damage as if you're hitting with either Radiation or Impact. If its the latter, then its obviously a bug and should be reported as such.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Because Corvas does has some Slash damage in its base damage spread? It’s only Heat + Impact while in Archwing. Everywhere else it’s Impact + Puncture + Slash.

Ahhh there you go. How strange. I thought the arch weapons were all made equal between ground and space quite some time ago. Looks like they're still different in some situations.

18 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Ahhh there you go. How strange. I thought the arch weapons were all made equal between ground and space quite some time ago. Looks like they're still different in some situations.

not quite, Corvas is a weird Frankenstein!

that being said, i'm glad they haven't fixed it.... Corvas is statistically better off having Pellets rather than being a 'Space Plasmor'. so IMO the Archwing version was just a straight nerf.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The archwing version existed first, so would this still be considered a nerf? Or was there something done to the archwing version after heavy weapons got introduced that nerfed it?

both ground and space used to be "a traditional Shotgun". at like the first Railjack overhaul i think it was, they changed space Corvas to a Plasmor-ish Projectile.

you win some you lose some i guess.... Velocitus got some changes that were pretty awesome, but Corvas didn't fare as well.

Archived