Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its time to remove affinity range - in every gamemode

DreisterDino

On 2021-09-02 at 2:49 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I strongly disagree. 

Affinity range is one of the only carrots that actually encourages Tenno to stay roughly near each other when doing stuff like Survival, etc. 

It would just make the game more anti-coop, as we could all run off to completely different corners of the map and share xp, playing together but alone. 

What's the fun of playing with random Tenno if your idea of playing with random Tenno is to be so far apart that you aren't interacting with them? 

random tenno don't like to stick together. ask any nekros who public lobbies and dies because they can't get enough health since the enemies are spread all over the map because people don't stick together. i am one of those people who farms resources in survivals with my nekros and that actually gets me killed way to often, it is worse when you are dealing with random noobies who don't even know what they are doing.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)ShadowWolf19:

ask any nekros who public lobbies and dies because they can't get enough health since the enemies are spread all over the map because people don't stick together.

I feel like @Temragonmight be a Nekros player, i wouldnt have expected this Thread to come up again after 2 months^^

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

It makes Leeching Significantly Easier....

Like pointed out by other Players in this Thread and in the OP, this isnt really a valid point against infinite affinity range for a few reasons:

• in many gamemodes, not staying together has nothing to do with leeching, and in some gamemodes players even have to leave affinity range in order to do the mission as intented because the objectives force us to split up. So, players are punished for playing the objective, which is just stupid.
  • in the gamemodes where leeching for affinity is most common like Defense for example, a change to this would have no impact on the leeching behaviour. Leeching is already possible and easy there, it can't become "more easy". Like described in the OP, this would only improve the experience for the non-leechers while not affecting the leechers.
  • in all the other gamemodes where people are leeching for the end of mission rewards, this would also change nothing regarding this behaviour. Edit: Just to give an example: Bounties. People already leech and go fishing on the other side of the map even though they are out of affinity range, meaning this system fails to keep the squad together anyway.

But ok, what about infinite affinity range in all gamemodes besides Survival? Because in the 7 pages of this thread, its the only gamemode which was mentioned by the players who are against removing affinity range if an example was given at all. It sounds like Warframe is only Survival and nothing else, but thats not the case obviously.

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Like pointed out by other Players in this Thread and in the OP, this isnt really a valid point against infinite affinity range for a few reasons:

That's because I wasn't making. Point against OP.... 🤔

My point was Ive already embraced Leeching....

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

But ok, what about infinite affinity range in all gamemodes besides Survival? Because in the 7 pages of this thread, its the only gamemode which was mentioned by the players who are against removing affinity range if an example was given at all. It sounds like Warframe is only Survival and nothing else, but thats not the case obviously

I think Survivals biggest issue is the Enemies only Spawning for a single Randomly Chosen Player...

Why does the game even work this way 🤔 ?

On 2021-09-02 at 3:49 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I strongly disagree. 

Affinity range is one of the only carrots that actually encourages Tenno to stay roughly near each other when doing stuff like Survival, etc. 

It would just make the game more anti-coop, as we could all run off to completely different corners of the map and share xp, playing together but alone. 

What's the fun of playing with random Tenno if your idea of playing with random Tenno is to be so far apart that you aren't interacting with them? 

There's another carrot: host priority. For example, reactant and survival modules (the little ones) tend to fall around the host more.

But yeah... leeching is a serious problem. And not even necessarily in the ESO way (and not in a way affinity range solves). I'm so sure there are Void Fissure bots and I encounter them very often in random public game Capture void fissures. Here's how I think they work:

1. They stay at the mission spawn for about, oh... 3-5 minutes (easy to tell, this one player will have 0 reactant the whole time and are no where to be found).
  2. After everyone is heading to or at extraction, then they start to dilly dally to extraction.

Now I think the bots do strategy #2 so that all 10 reactant will have dropped along the path to extraction. So there's no fancy pathing or backtracking to pickup reactant. The bot just walks to extraction and passively picks up 10 reactant. The consequence is that a random public Capture void fissure will take like 7 minutes because of this one player. It's extraordinarily irritating and I am often Aborting when I see such a player (and sometimes other players do too).

Interestingly, the presumed bots don't always pick up 10 reactant in time. Sometimes the extraction timer forcibly extracts everyone and we end up with 1 less reward to pick from. More reason to think they are bots.

EDIT: What the? This is a necro thread!

Ill admit I might have a different play experience as a mr L1 but I don't even pay attention to the affinity range even when I'm trying to earn affinity I just don't worry about it i have a method for warframe leveling that I play solo for since more players only screw it up and for weapons I typically just play with the weapon an endless mission until the weapon in question is rank 20 then bonus affinity takes me to 30 so I really just don't worry about it. the issue i have with people spreading out is mob spawns and the fact they get really thin if players are all over takes longer to kill if they aren't in a group

I mean at the very least removing affinity range would mean I could finally stop hating literally every Nezha player in exitance for feeling the burning need to be on the farthest pixel of the opposite side of the map AT ALL TIMES, thus absolutely tanking the groups affinity. Without fail. 

Which really only leaves Big Bubble Limbos who stasis on defense missions to draw my immediate ire. 

Archived