Jump to content

Mesa and hijack


(XBOX)Oussii
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was helping a low MR player to finish his corpus hijack, i jumped on the back of the machine, and i noticed that whenever i use peacemaker, the speed of the machine increased nearly by the double. i had to do that so many times just to be sure of it ,

So i kept peacemaker on and the machine went to fast as a Ferrari :)

Is it a bug? or a normal situation?

Did anyone encountered such a case?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just tried it now. I am not able to get it to reliably trigger. Sometimes I get it to trigger by having both Shooting Gallery + Shatter Shield, other times I was able to trigger it with just Peacemaker, sometimes only with all three abilities on at the same time.

I did have one or two of the Augur series of mods equipped and I know my pet had an unranked Shield Charger mod.

Needs further testing. But before this message was ever posted, I had noticed inconsistent speeds with the Corpus Hijack.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Oussii said:

I was helping a low MR player to finish his corpus hijack, i jumped on the back of the machine, and i noticed that whenever i use peacemaker, the speed of the machine increased nearly by the double. i had to do that so many times just to be sure of it ,

So i kept peacemaker on and the machine went to fast as a Ferrari :)

Is it a bug? or a normal situation?

Did anyone encountered such a case?

 

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I just tried it now. I am not able to get it to reliably trigger. Sometimes I get it to trigger by having both Shooting Gallery + Shatter Shield, other times I was able to trigger it with just Peacemaker, sometimes only with all three abilities on at the same time.

I did have one or two of the Augur series of mods equipped and I know my pet had an unranked Shield Charger mod.

Needs further testing. But before this message was ever posted, I had noticed inconsistent speeds with the Corpus Hijack.

Get 1 person in your squad for example inaros just so someone is constantly pushing rover

And then do that mission with peace maker when you are mesa
And then repeat it with mesa but this time dont use peacemaker

After both mission check do difference in mission time

GL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Are we sure it isn't just because the rover itself moves at different speeds at different parts of the level?

I admit that I could be mistaken, but it really felt like the truck was moving at double the speed when I could trigger it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

 

Get 1 person in your squad for example inaros just so someone is constantly pushing rover

And then do that mission with peace maker when you are mesa
And then repeat it with mesa but this time dont use peacemaker

After both mission check do difference in mission time

GL

There are way too many variables for this to be even slightly reliable. You’d need to run the mission at least 5-10 times on each character and average the times out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not explore this further.

Trying to trigger something that is clearly not intended but is beneficial to your or the squad could activate code looking for exploiters or hackers and you could find yourself in front of support.

If you really think something unintended is happening post it as a bug report so the dev team can look at it, and don't try to actively make it happen.

Just a friendly reminder that no matter how well intentioned you are as a white hat or just curious, if you are intentionally trying to make something beneficial happen that is not advertised, you could get in trouble for exploits and get banned.

I don't want any of ya'll to get in trouble I love ya'll. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...