Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange Unexplained Staggering

Joezone619

I'm not sure why or how, but for a while now i've been getting staggered by seemingly nothing. This happens mostly when i'm trying to melee, but also seems to happen when running towards walls and doors.

I'm honestly not sure how or why, but I recorded a small video of it. For data collection reasons, I left it unedited, but most of the staggering happens around 00:16, 00:47, 01:09 a bit, and a lot around 01:16 - 01:29.

00:16,  00:47,  01:09,  01:16 - 01:29.

I'm fairly certain this is the animation played when one of the maggots is attached to your frame - though it was definitely playing when there didn't seem to be any on you. Unsure as to what happened here, could likely be something related to an animation getting stuck from some odd interaction with the knockdowns/sparring stance.

1 minute ago, iPathos said:

I'm fairly certain this is the animation played when one of the maggots is attached to your frame - though it was definitely playing when there didn't seem to be any on you. Unsure as to what happened here, could likely be something related to an animation getting stuck from some odd interaction with the knockdowns/sparring stance.

It doesn't just happen with infested either, its with all factions. Not sure if i caught it, but while walking through the door with no enemies in sight i was staggered somehow.

Just now, Joezone619 said:

It doesn't just happen with infested either, its with all factions. Not sure if i caught it, but while walking through the door with no enemies in sight i was staggered somehow.

Oh, now that's definitely confusing then. I might try out a few missions with a similar loadout and see if I encounter anything of the like. On Valkyr of all frames too, it just seems odd. Out of curiosity, did you have Primed Sure Footed, Pain Threshold or other similar resist mods equipped at the time? 

3 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Oh, now that's definitely confusing then. I might try out a few missions with a similar loadout and see if I encounter anything of the like. On Valkyr of all frames too, it just seems odd. Out of curiosity, did you have Primed Sure Footed, Pain Threshold or other similar resist mods equipped at the time? 

No, but i do have power drift equip, which gives a chance to resist knockdown. I'm not sure if it happens with other frames, if its just valkyr, its likely due to her passive and recent KD/KB changes they made in a recent hotfix.

Heres my build, but good luck trying to copy it.
http://prntscr.com/1r5e7zh

29 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

but good luck trying to copy it.

I've got several Valkyrs, with one having a full Umbral setup so it shouldn't be a big issue! 😄 (She's my main)

30 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

if its just valkyr, its likely due to her passive and recent KD/KB changes they made in a recent hotfix.

I think I must have missed those changes, will have to review the patch notes as well in that case.

Archived