TheGameTrainer's Observations on Issues with the Warframes

(PSN)TheGameTrainer

--IN GENERAL--

Where is the Lore for half of these frames and why do they matter? The lore is simply not there and appears to be missing. I'm an avid fan of the lore and this bothers me immensely.

Also Why is there no Soldier frame as the warframes were made to combat threats and the closest I've come to is either Excalibur or Rhino.

Yarelli- The update was nice and refreshing but she still glitches occasionally through the floor with missions that have water and she keeps sinking below the map. I've had to use the /Unstuck command quite a few times now and this is the main reason why I've hopped on here to give an update, a report and observations. Also why is her built in board not customizable? It should be just like every other warframe's exalted weapon. The fact is she's weak without it but it and of itself is or at least seems to be pointless. Me and a few others discussed this and I'd like to voice their thoughts on this so that it hopefully can get fixed to be a properly modded exalted "weapon" of sorts. 

Grendel- His rolling animation is too slow and hard to move- especially when going uphill. In my opinion this should be fixed. Maybe to add a button to boost in a direction in the way that Pinball machines first launch the ball.

Hydroid- The first ability would be more useful if it actually looked and acted like a wave; his third ability should be able to move under the laser doors without tripping them (in my opinion) and lastly his 4th completely leaves him vulnerable making him hard to use in Steel Path and higher difficulty missions.

Loki- If you can teleport, why not be able to teleport through specific objects? I'm asking because Glass in spy missions usually has glass somewhere that you can see through. Other than that, there are no other issues I'm seeing.

Mesa- Her first ability always leaves me wondering what it's supposed to do. Can you update her first ability because it feels completely wrong and off. Or to make it so that she charges up her weapons with additional shots or charges rather than just 1.

Nezha's 2nd ability blazing chakram is too frustrating to try and to teleport with to trigger the explosion. Can you simplify the process?

Octavia requires too much button mashing to use and tires out my fingers and thumbs to the point where she's not fun and I actively avoid using her. Especially her invisible ability. She's alot of fun with her musical instrument but the button mashing kills it for me.

Revenant- If he's like a sentient, then why isn't his 4th ability reflecting that by him hovering and shooting lasers out instead of twirling like a ballerina dancer? This is both a complaint and an observation because it doesn't fit his theme at all.

Valkyr- Her first ability with the hook is awesome in theory but it only goes about halfway before letting the frame go and as such is half functional. This is most obvious when putting max range on her and seeing her only go about 50 feet before dropping rather suddenly.

Wisp- Her second ability functions fine but I have to ask what the purpose of this is as it doesn't seem to function or to be of any use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)TheGameTrainer said:

Wisp- Her second ability functions fine but I have to ask what the purpose of this is as it doesn't seem to function or to be of any use.

This allows enemies to mindlessly shoot at your copy, distracting attention from the object. It makes you invisible. This allows you to become invulnerable and take a big blow without worrying about anything. This gives you greater vertical mobility. And it allows you to launch a blinding solar rocket while staying in place.

Indeed, a rather useless ability.

By the way, aggression is the only CC that ignores the resistance to abilities. This means that even arbitration drones are not a problem for this thing.

Edited by selig_fay
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, (PSN)TheGameTrainer said:

Grendel- His rolling animation is too slow and hard to move- especially when going uphill. In my opinion this should be fixed. Maybe to add a button to boost in a direction in the way that Pinball machines first launch the ball.

That's exactly what the Catapult augment does, try it out, it's hilarious. That said, I wish this was in-built and the augment added something else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, selig_fay said:

This allows enemies to mindlessly shoot at your copy, distracting attention from the object. It makes you invisible. This allows you to become invulnerable and take a big blow without worrying about anything. This gives you greater vertical mobility. And it allows you to launch a blinding solar rocket while staying in place.

Indeed, a rather useless ability.

By the way, aggression is the only CC that ignores the resistance to abilities. This means that even arbitration drones are not a problem for this thing.

It also allows her to pass through laser sentry barriers (think spy/sabotage) without setting off alarms, making her even more viable as a stealth/spy frame. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)TheGameTrainer said:

Valkyr- Her first ability with the hook is awesome in theory but it only goes about halfway before letting the frame go and as such is half functional. This is most obvious when putting max range on her and seeing her only go about 50 feet before dropping rather suddenly.

This is entirely dependent on the angle at which you cast the ability - the more vertical the angle, the faster/further you get flung. It's a little odd that it isn't simply based on how far away your hook point is, but it can very easily pull you well past the point of hooking with more vertical directions of choice. There's also the fact that the energy cost drops by 50-75% depending if you hook again within the combo window, encouraging multiple casts by lessening their impact on energy consumption. (For some reason it also triggers the Odomedic mod while in use, which is odd but a nice addition.)

Hydroid- The first ability would be more useful if it actually looked and acted like a wave; his third ability should be able to move under the laser doors without tripping them (in my opinion) and lastly his 4th completely leaves him vulnerable making him hard to use in Steel Path and higher difficulty missions.

His first ability is Tempest Barrage though, a rain of liquid fury and not any form of wave - his second ability is Tidal Surge, which I thought actually resembled a wave quite a lot on its own already. I fully agree that his third should allow him to bypass Corpus laser doors at least, the Grineer ones seem like that would require him to submerge all effects under the ground as well as himself. As for his Tentacle Swarm - what do you mean by leaving him completely vulnerable? Mid-cast - that's a given and is far from the only ability on frames that does this, you can lower the impact with Natural Talent or cast it after procing a mod such as Rolling Guard to lessen the danger. Post-cast - the tentacles not only grab any enemies within range on the initial cast but actively search out new enemies that enter the radius, they can also capture multiple enemies at once and can spawn from walls as well as the floor.

Mesa- Her first ability always leaves me wondering what it's supposed to do. Can you update her first ability because it feels completely wrong and off. Or to make it so that she charges up her weapons with additional shots or charges rather than just 1.

Making it apply to all pellets on a given shot would be a good way to start here, but it would honestly need some extra scaling or ability to ignore armor for it to be realistically usable. I'd be fully onboard for Ballistic Battery to be reworked, it gets little to no use as any more than a free infusion slot nowadays.

Revenant- If he's like a sentient, then why isn't his 4th ability reflecting that by him hovering and shooting lasers out instead of twirling like a ballerina dancer? This is both a complaint and an observation because it doesn't fit his theme at all.

He does hover, just not way up in the air. The main thing to remember is that the Sentients that have similar attacks do not hover themselves but are simply far larger than we are. It would also likely introduce a fair few problems in vertically-limited spaces, namely collision, lasers being out of bounds, janky appearance, etc. The name gives a hint as to why he "spins like a ballerina" - as Danse Macabre is otherwise known as the "Dance of Death".

10 hours ago, (PSN)TheGameTrainer said:

Also Why is there no Soldier frame

I'd say Vauban fits this mould just as well as he does "engineer" - just a more tactically-oriented soldier. If not that, Protea.

Yarelli

There's a lot to go over with Yareli. As much as she is a new frame, the tweaks DE has put forward in the workshop dedicated to her are nowhere near enough to make her properly synergize with even her own abilities. Being able to mod Merulina should be a no-brainer, the only other K-Drive you can't mod is the Bondi K-Drive, and that's simply because it's like a shell to be able to use the K-Drive Deployer before you obtain a fully built K-Drive of your own.

Nezha's 2nd ability blazing chakram is too frustrating to try and to teleport with to trigger the explosion. Can you simplify the process?

What's frustrating about it? The only prerequisite is that Fire Walker be active when you recast Blazing Chakram, you can choose if you want a long or short distance to be traversed by choosing to charge the Chakram in the first place, you can use objects or enemies as a measure for when to recast as well. What would you suggest for simplification without taking away from what it can already do?

Octavia requires too much button mashing to use and tires out my fingers and thumbs to the point where she's not fun and I actively avoid using her. Especially her invisible ability. She's alot of fun with her musical instrument but the button mashing kills it for me.

Change up the song in that case, increase your duration so that you don't have to spam as often to refresh the ability. It's the Melody section on the Mandachord that affects the ground-wave-indicator frequency, with higher frequency you get less "Sync" per wave hit (the percentage of activating any one buff through its relevant action) and with lower frequency you get more percentage per wave hit. It is a pain if you want to listen to your particular song while using her, but it is a caveat that is easy to work around as well.

• Like 1

For once I'm not here for a conversation, just to point out the issues that I'm seeing. Also I'm already aware of most of what you all have said.

iPathos- If there was a soldier class of frame, it would have an exalted weapon that shows this. Soldiers are simple, effective and deadly- not necessarily multitool contraptions. They aren't Rangers or SAS after all. Also Natural Talent doesn't reduce the charge time of the 4th ability for Hydroid which only becomes an issue in the upper tiers and in arbitration. Lastly the hookshot from Valkyrie I tested back earlier in 2020 but haven't since once I replaced it.

Edited by (PSN)TheGameTrainer
forgot some details