Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long are we gonna be stuck with a placeholder lotus?

Rhalick0

Question

17 answers to this question

On 2021-09-04 at 1:04 PM, gbjbaanb said:

Having Cy voice "handing over" is a lot cheaper than having him re-voice every Lotus mission line. There's a lot of them.

Maybe the Cy voiuce actor is pissed with ordinary ground missions in Railjack and refused to have anything to do with them (I know I would, "dahling, but what would my motivation be to instruct the crew in a ground mission, I'm a railjack cephalon, where's my union, I simply cannot work under these conditions!") 😀

Personally I think Ordis should take over from glitchy Lotus - not repeating every instruction either, he should replace only the essential voice lines and the rest discarded as no longer needed. I don't need anyone to tell me "the captrure target has vital information" I know, I know. Sometimes I'm capturing the target as Lotus is still voicing the narrative. Ordis just needs to say "Ordis has marked the relevant points Operator, you know what to do".

Cy would just hit us with an "I am not a viable ground command Cephalon" and then go and sulk somewhere 😂😂

Considering that this is the section of the forum where newbie players frequently come to get questions answered, I would consider changing the title of this thread so as not to spoil them about a "placeholder Lotus".  Maybe change it to something like "when will she come back?"  Literally everyone who knows will understand what you mean, and nobody who doesn't will.

19 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

They specifically made it so Lotus keeps doing the missions even adding voice lines to Cy to say he's handing over to Lotus.

Having Cy voice "handing over" is a lot cheaper than having him re-voice every Lotus mission line. There's a lot of them.

Maybe the Cy voiuce actor is pissed with ordinary ground missions in Railjack and refused to have anything to do with them (I know I would, "dahling, but what would my motivation be to instruct the crew in a ground mission, I'm a railjack cephalon, where's my union, I simply cannot work under these conditions!") 😀

Personally I think Ordis should take over from glitchy Lotus - not repeating every instruction either, he should replace only the essential voice lines and the rest discarded as no longer needed. I don't need anyone to tell me "the captrure target has vital information" I know, I know. Sometimes I'm capturing the target as Lotus is still voicing the narrative. Ordis just needs to say "Ordis has marked the relevant points Operator, you know what to do".

Pretty sure Lotus will come back to normal during or after the New War. Easiest way out so they don't have to voice any extra lines. Similar reason why Corpus Railjack had Lotus take over from Cephalon Cy. Which made even less sense than just accepting it's a placeholder. They could have just let Cephalon Cy do the couple of missions rather than having Lotus do them. But they didn't. They specifically made it so Lotus keeps doing the missions even adding voice lines to Cy to say he's handing over to Lotus.

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)Beowulf Tyr said:

I like to think our Lotus is trapped by Natah and we'll get to rescue her. Natah seems conflicted...hesitates. She questions the Sentient narrative. What happened to their "Mother?" Why does Erra say she is "gone?" Sounds like they may have some in-fighting. Maybe Lotus is playing along to gain advantage and she plans to turn on them.

I hope the New War quest is deep with some good plot twists. Maybe some resistance fighter sentients that are loyal to Natah and possibly Ballas 2.0, trying to help Sol instead of destroying it, then Erra, Mother (the massive ship) and a resurrected Hunhow on the side hellbent on destroying/killing everything "orokin" in Sol.

This would also create foundation lore that would make sense for the new Caliban frame. Since Ballas 2.0 could be the creator and then later on the primer of this new hybrid sentient frame. 

The sooner we get to off her the better. I'm hoping that we'll get a chance to end her suffering in the New War, but I doubt they'll get rid of one of their favorite mascots. It's probably going to be a big forgiveness scene and we'll get her back in some capacity.

That, or maybe this https://www.warframe.com/lotus-packs/ will stop being a joke and finally become reality.

I like to think our Lotus is trapped by Natah and we'll get to rescue her. Natah seems conflicted...hesitates. She questions the Sentient narrative. What happened to their "Mother?" Why does Erra say she is "gone?" Sounds like they may have some in-fighting. Maybe Lotus is playing along to gain advantage and she plans to turn on them.

Archived