Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Logo as Gliph

Gladiator_Prime

so far only content creator partner had the right to put their custom glyph in the game, can't think of a way to let normal players do that, otherwise everyone would be having their own personal glyphs which would make DE selling their glyphs in market kind of useless

Thank you for sharing your opinion guys.

TBH I would like some official reply from Devs about that.

regarding :

On 2021-09-03 at 3:16 PM, KIREEK said:

Another issue with glyphs is that they are higher resolutions compared to clan emblems, so imagine all the clans uploading a high resolution image to be as a glyph, it would be a substatial update.

I don't really think that is an issue, the Glyph square is a pretty small area. 

regarding instead :

On 2021-09-03 at 3:01 PM, Dauggie said:

o far only content creator partner had the right to put their custom glyph in the game, can't think of a way to let normal players do that, otherwise everyone would be having their own personal glyphs which would make DE selling their glyphs in market kind of useless

they can do the same as the shoulder's emblems, they can ask players to pay 20 plat to have the clan glyph.

what do you think?

3 hours ago, Gladiator_Prime said:

you are forgetting that the glyph can be deployed in-mission, put in the orbiter as a display and on the side of your railjack as a decal. In all of these cases, the picture is quite large and a fairly decent resolution is needed

4 hours ago, Gladiator_Prime said:

Yes but the image must exist in the game files, not just 1 clan, but all clans that have uploaded the image. If 10k clans upload an image, then you need to store 10k images either individually or part of a bigger image.

As stated above, the resolution of the clan badges are very low res, so DE would need to allow for people to upload a better quality image.

Currently, a clan badge is 128x128 and while glyphs seem to at least be 512x512 in-game.

Just even looking at a clan banner shows how bad badges look at a higher scale due to their lower resolution.

It would be nice if DE allowed a higher resolution for a badge, and then also to allow players to use both their Alliance and Clan badges as glyphs.
...also would be nice if DE remembered that Alliances existed and gave them some much needed QoL, but that's a different topic.

Clans have existed since 2013 and DE has stuck with this low resolution for just as long, so with how much time has passed, I don't doubt they could up that area, then allow for glyphs, but that would actually involve them doing it.

On 2021-09-09 at 3:55 AM, Sean said:

It would be nice if DE allowed a higher resolution for a badge, and then also to allow players to use both their Alliance and Clan badges as glyphs.
...also would be nice if DE remembered that Alliances existed and gave them some much needed QoL, but that's a different topic.

Clans have existed since 2013 and DE has stuck with this low resolution for just as long, so with how much time has passed, I don't doubt they could up that area, then allow for glyphs, but that would actually involve them doing it.

I totally agree with you, and I would be also happy to spent some plat to buy my clan glyph! and Still 512x512 px is a small amount of KB around 128.

Archived