Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After the last Railjack multicrew experiences, I will be back to solo mode for now.

Prexades

Team 1 was me piloting and I had to kill the 2 crew ships on my own, as no one was manning the artillery, I noticed the other people were either standing around or just hanging out in the turret slots. No one bothered with the boarding objective.

Left team in disgust.

Team 2, I and another player did the boarding objective  but when we returned the pilot was flying aimlessly in circles, not even shooting at fighters. Also the 2 crew ships we had to kill were still up and he wouldn't even bother to move the RJ closer

Left team in disgust.

While the AI in Warframe is often broken, it is practically a genius compared to some people who only seem to be good at speed running through corridors while holding the fire button of their Ignis down or spamming Bramma explosions.

6 minutes ago, Prexades said:

While the AI in Warframe is often broken, it is practically a genius compared to some people who only seem to be good at speed running through corridors while holding the fire button of their Ignis down or spamming Bramma explosions.

My first thought when I got my crewbies was "why cant the random players play like this?" and after that I've never sat foot in a multiplayer RJ mission. The only thing I hope for is an upgrade so we can use forward arti from the RJ pilot seat.

Plus now with command rank 10 and having access to perks like +dmg to x turret type the crew became even better than randoms.

Whenever I play public RJ, I always go straight to artillery if it's open. I've seen plenty of the useless afk players, but I've also had very short mission clearing.

The best time I had was a duo mission in Grineer veil where we cleaned up the ship spawns together and then I moved to the first objective. The other player shot the last radiator and parked RJ at the second objective just in time for me to finish and take over as pilot.

I'd say a LFG duo or playing with a friend would be great if you can find someone. If AI could use the artillery then I would probably enjoy solo better.

I wish r10 Command had let me keep an NPC crew member or two even when playing multiplayer.  You just cannot depend on strangers to repair the RJ, fight off boarders, man the FA, or do objectives.  Most players I've seen in public RJ matches will fly off and do useless side objectives (like when fighting a sister/lich) or camp on the side guns.

RJ is infinitely better solo, which is a shame, as I think the original goal was to have everyone filling a different role.  Now with NPC's available and the almost useless nature of the forge, it truly does feel more like a glorified loading screen than a separate game mode.

A RJ AI-Crew is way away from being efficient or anywhere near useful. I even play on full solo - using the AI just for the defense purpose.

There are lots of annoying and most likely player-forcing bugs with the AI, that you will simply stop using them all together for anything but ship defense/repair.

They even occasionally stop shooting with the turrets, for whatever reason.

I've always said here that solo experience is much better. Railjack is not to be played in a group. Tasks just need training and learning the right time to destroy manned ships. The scarlet spear event can still find serious players who help. Wait for the event to return. Playing the normal railjack missions alone is highly recommended. Skipping the corpus missions(bad maps and taxi simulator) is also highly recommended.

Not gonna lie, I went public on railjack for first time in a good while and I was definitely the dunce of the group. Never put it together that using the artillery on Crewship's Engine is the best way to take them out quickly until the guy on Artillery was begging me to stop shooting them with the reg guns, whoops.  Also nobody else in the chat would respond and just kinda went off and did their own thing and ignored the rest of the mission. Thankfully we got holokeys in that run so I hope it was somewhat worth it for the helpful tenno.

I stick to solo on railjack for my fellow tenno's sanity. Thank you to all the patient tenno that help out fools like me lol.

I'm just not gonna play railjack until they rework it again

Its just normal missions with a taxi now, if i wanted to do an exterminate i wouldn't go to railjack, i'd go do a normal mission, they need to change what mission types are used fundamentally, like skirmish, and volatile.

(Not like orphix, the restrictions on gear, especially gear specifically made to fight sentients is why it topples defense as my most hated mission type)

With the advent of AI Crewmates, Railjack is absolutely best experienced solo.  You are familiar with the loadout of the ship, you know exactly what you want to do and can assign the competent crewmates to stuff that needs doing.

The only time I play Railjack in a PUG now is for Sister Hunts, for the extra Hound Parts.  While ~90% of the experience is good (P1 usually takes the pilot seat while others take either FA or Turrets), there was this one time when P1 came in with a total potato -- so two of us spent the entire time sealing hull breaches and putting out fires, the last player flew out to take care of fighters and crewships, and no surprise, the door bugs out after we spend 15 minutes drifting through space...  It was worth experiencing once, but only once...

Sadly it's not a problem of Warframe, but a problem of people playing it. I've seen so many lazy players around.

Loki staying invisible and doing absolutely nothing during Steel Path mobile defense. Frost put a dome away from a defense target and just idling under its protection for 3 full rotations. Wukong doing nothing, not even summoning the twin.

Public matchmaking always was and always will be a garbage as it's full of slackers and idiots who don't want to play the game. Only by recruiting your own team in recruiter chat you can gather a relatively good party.

Maybe a lobby of sort could improve the situation - a screen that gives more time to evaluate the gear of other teammates and chat with them to plan out a play. But who'd like to do that for a quick 5-10 minutes mission?

I never PUG Railjack now, there's no advantage or reason to do so outside of Sisters/Liches which I currently have no intention of doing any further. while AI is garbage everywhere else in the game, it's thankfully pretty good in Railjack, and it's much easier to get things done with my Elite crew than with real people.

if you don't have a crew, work on getting one: I promise you railjack becomes a lot more bearable, you might even actually have FUN if you weren't already!

I think the corpus missions compared to the grinner missions are bad due to the map of the mothership missions. And grinner missions are the best because they are essentially small maps with quick missions. There is a balance perfect in the grinner missions beyond the space landscapes...infinitely better than the corpus landscapes. I would like the DE to do all the corpus part of the railjack again and I'm sure no one liked it. I think the work done in the grinner missions is infinitely better and more enjoyable to play. Corpus missions are bureaucratic with huge maps and excessive obstacles along the way. The space look in the grinners missions is spectacular while in the corpus missions there are so many details that cause visual pollution and mixed with the void storms missions it gets even worse for the eyes... And as for the intrinsics some things deserved to be changed again.. .the artillery passive is a general downgrade.

Sorry for the long text and I hope DE becomes aware that a lot of the corpus railjack was done wrong.

DE removing the only mission you didn’t have to ever leave your RJ to complete because too many players were only playing that mission was very telling about their Activision Blizzard game design.  Games are meant to be fun for the player, and if they’re going against your expectations for fun, YOU as a game studio need to change.

As example what i did for holokeys farm, i did meso skirmish as 2 players + 2 crew:

Pilot+gunner as crew

Me (host) as FA

The other guy doing outside obejtives and only outside objetive.

How is the run: I enter to the FA, i start spamming seeker, and destroying crewship, the other guy rush the objetive and kill enemies with any aoe weapon for reactans (this is optional). At the moment he open the first radiator i already killed all the fighters and i have 2 o 3 crewships down.

The gunner crew takes down both radiator (sometimes AI get bug, so you need to do it) and i keep killing crewpships all the time

Playing with recruit chat people, runs are like 2:30min, playing with a friend average is 2min, best run 1.40 or something.

Advantages: The speed of run its pretty much from you, you re doing almost all the job, using your min max railjack and your min max crew. You not depend on random people, again the random dude its just doing a sabotage fissure, if you see your random guy is playing slowly, and doesnt fill well with you, you can find another player, sometimes happen i get inaros with snipers, sadly this doent work for a "stress farm" like holokeys

Doing this the flow of the mission its fast and fun, its almost the speed of gian point.

When I do play railjack (which is not common ) I too prefer to play solo instead of pub.

While it is definitely possible to be more effective with an actually competent squad , the possibility of getting a competent squad is rather uncommon.

So you are usually matched with someone that doesn't know or doesn't care about helping out. Or worse someone that is actively hindering the mission. Wish there were junctions for railjack with different objectives to atleast get the players aware.

It's a shame really , some of the most fun I had was with my clanmates when there was a reason for all of us to do railjack. 

Too bad for the new players to railjack that need to learn the ropes I guess.

I must be lucky, as I cannot relate to these stories in the vast majority of my RJ missions (I went on an RJ binge a few weeks back and will occasionally play Void Storm skirmishes for Holokeys).

Usually other Tenno are competent and pretty efficient in my RJ missions - with a pilot and FA doing their thing, while the other Tenno are usually manning the guns or taking care of the objectives in platforms/ships (sometimes very early in the mission). There is variation, as the third or fourth Tenno might be hanging around in RJ on guns and doing repairs/staving off boarding parties until we get to a ground objective, depending on their style. Sometimes I get Tenno who also actively try to keep the pilot's energy topped up via Zenurik or Dispensary while doing FA or RJ detail.

It is not always sunshine and roses - sometimes you get a pilot that likes to boost during the FA charge, or get a Tenno that can't quite handle the level of ground forces on the platforms, or a Tenno that doesn't really do anything aside from the random RJ repair etc, but it is rare. I don't recall a recent mission where players did not fix the RJ or man the FA for no reason other than to leech.

Sometimes there are players who don't know certain mechanics (Press F for FA Tenno - you activated the turrets lol), but it doesn't take much to help them learn.

Which planets are people playing where they encounter bad crews often? I tend to play higher level content the majority of times.

Personally i was hoping for the Railjack contract crew to be added WITH the players so the captain would be fully effective with his railjack without relying on the other players to do the simplest of tasks. A full AI crewed Railjack with 3 Archwing players would have been so much better imo and would probably push for more difficult tiers after Veil Proxima.

All it takes to speed clear any RJ mission is two competent people actually playing the objectives.  I've joined a ship (long before any of the current changes, back when Void Hole was the end all be all and hard to get.) where the pilot handled fighters and I handled engineering, repairs and crew ships.  Blasting through veil missions back before enemy nerfs.

The last several pub crews I joined where so unbelievably infuriating that I refuse to play RJ with anyone unless I already know them and know they aren't a moron.  I'm not even talking about pubs just afking, which is annoying enough.  I'm talking about people doing everything they can to be an active detriment toward the team, right from the word go with no one even provoking them into being asshats.  I don't think I've run with a pub squad since before the last round of RJ changes, but I honestly don't care to try again.  I don't want to be on some rando's undergeared ship with a bunch of teammates that barely meet the requirements for the mission and I don't want those people on my ship flying it into ship killer platforms for their own amusement.

The only pub groups worse than RJ missions are pub Tricaps.

18 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

(Not like orphix, the restrictions on gear, especially gear specifically made to fight sentients is why it topples defense as my most hated mission type)

As much as I dislike the restrictions in Orphix, they atleast have connections and explainations in the lore from The Sacrifice and onward. Ballas is afterall one of the 3 major Orokin involved heavily with the Warframe project, so very likely knows all vulnerabilities. Natah probably knows alot too from her time with the tenno etc. And given where they are at now in the story of the game, the Orphix limitations are understandable.

As soon as DE starts treating this game as a solo game and not co-op the better it will be. Co-op doesn’t work in todays game. Multiplayer is fine as an option, I use it when I’m feeling lazy. That said we are way to strong, to many AOE weapons, to much hitscan, we are to fast, enemies to few, slow and stupid and the game is way to limited and restrictive as to what it can do and can’t do for co-op to actually work in any meaningful way. 

Archived