Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change spawn of Dargyn Pilots or fix/modify Riven challange related to them.

DreamerDream

The Dargyn's spawn in the same areas generally if you take note of where you see them,  Also, they almost always will be flying around the larger Grineer encampments like the ones located on the coast of each side of the map.  Additionally, if you let the Grineer see you, 99% of the time they will throw up the little birdie that calls for more troops; usually the Dargyns are first to respond to the call.  Personally, I hate the Riven challenge that requires you to get a number of consecutive head-shots because the head-shot mechanics are wonky sometimes.  If the enemy is not facing you, sometimes it will not count it as a head shot, even if it clearly blows their head off! 
I'm all about the cheese, so I would just use Titania and enjoy a nice quesadilla!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I hate the Riven challenge that requires you to get a number of consecutive head-shots because the head-shot mechanics are wonky sometimes. 

That challenge is probably worded even more poorly than the Dargyn one....

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Yes, I should have clarified and said Head-shot Kills thus voiding the ability to enjoy some nice Teralyst Brie!

Yeah... That one is even worse 😱 !!!

I'd just part with that riven...

On 2021-09-05 at 10:56 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Unless you are running a bounty that force spawns them, dargyns do not spawn at night. They never have.

I've opened enough rivens with that horrible challenge to know that they still do spawn rarely in the skies at night. I made very clear the fact that ground spawns are disabled due to them being swapped out with Vomvalyst spawns, but they definitely can spawn in-air without a bounty at night - albeit very rarely.

I want more dargyn pilots so i can farm the 15,000 pigments I need (20 a drop, if it drops) before upgrading my clan tier and making it even more ridiculous of a grind that I'll probably never finish at the current tier. 

Never had too much trouble with the riven challenge but two birds one stone? Sure count me in. 

7 hours ago, iPathos said:

Headshot kills... Which makes your suggestion even more outlandish than it was to begin with.

Clearly you didn't read that person's response to me when he said he should've mentioned headshot kills, he only said consecutive headshots, which Teralyst is easily good for.

On 2021-09-04 at 12:00 AM, kyori said:

So you haven't encounter the riven challenge "Kill X Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while sliding"

I used to use Ash for that (homing shurikens = just spam #1 until they die, don't need to aim) but at this point I've done so many sorties and gotten so many rivens that my capacity is now full and I just throw things like that away.

Seriously, if it's too much trouble to do then just toss the damn things out. You're going to end up with more rivens than you can use sooner or later.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

I used to use Ash for that (homing shurikens = just spam #1 until they die, don't need to aim) but at this point I've done so many sorties and gotten so many rivens that my capacity is now full and I just throw things like that away.

Seriously, if it's too much trouble to do then just toss the damn things out. You're going to end up with more rivens than you can use sooner or later.

Err.. you talk to the wrong person? I'm not the one asking for help.

Titania's Spellbind can actually be used on the Dargyn pilot while it's still in the vehicle, so you can suspend them while their vehicle goes flying off by itself. That said, I'm pretty sure a few times I've done this and it still didn't count for the challenge properly so there's still something weird going on here.

There used to be fixed, grounded Dargyn pilots in pairs, but for some reason DE decided to remove that. Now I fly around in archwing at normal speed around the sides of the map, looking for grounded ones. Also keep an ear open for that flying craft sound effect -- sometimes it's a dropship, but sometimes it's a Dargyn.

It's also worth pointing out that lately, it seems the "headshots from 100m+ away" rivens have had their descriptions changed to 75m for some reason, but they still actually require 100m+. I reported this in the past few weeks, but it still seems to be in game last I checked; hopefully it'll be fixed by the next major update in two days.

44 minutes ago, snoozecruise said:

It's also worth pointing out that lately, it seems the "headshots from 100m+ away" rivens have had their descriptions changed to 75m for some reason, but they still actually require 100m+. I reported this in the past few weeks, but it still seems to be in game last I checked; hopefully it'll be fixed by the next major update in two days.

Hmm, I didn't notice this  discrepancy when I saw the distance change a few weeks ago. 

On 2021-09-07 at 9:24 PM, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I hate the wording for the riven. It should state, "Kill X Dargyn Pilot while it is still in mid air."

That would be even worse! The pilot is in mid-air while he's flying his Dargyn, so killing him on the Dargyn would satisfy that wording entirely but wouldn't unveil the Riven.

Killing the pilot "before he hits the ground" at least implies that he must be falling (or about to fall) rather than flying when you get the kill.

BtW, for those who don't yet have Titania, I did a Dargyn Pilots Riven a couple of days ago, and if you find them on the ground Rhino's Stomp also works.

On 2021-09-07 at 12:06 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Clearly you didn't read that person's response to me when he said he should've mentioned headshot kills, he only said consecutive headshots, which Teralyst is easily good for.

Maybe check what I quoted before responding, as edits post-quote are kinda invalid.

6 hours ago, iPathos said:

Maybe check what I quoted before responding, as edits post-quote are kinda invalid.

First check what you quoted dude. You quoted me only saying Teralyst in response to the get consecutive headshots challenge, which Teralyst can be done on. I've not edited any of my posts in this thread so I don't know where that tangent is going off on. Maybe you should've read for more context then, since you clearly didn't.

5 hours ago, TellyBelly said:

This is an absolutely frustrating riven to unveil. I currently have 3 and so far waste 1.5 hours trying to unveil one of them. I will be transmuting these S#&$ty riven requirements to a something else. DE, Fix this S#&$ already.

If you really can't get it done, transmute as you said, trade it to someone else for one you can do, or get an unveiler from Teshin. We didn't even have the latter option until recently.

On 2021-09-03 at 11:05 PM, DreamerDream said:

From what I can see, this problem is already going on for many years and it's one of the worst riven challenge to do - "Kill X Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground".

There are lots of threads about this and still nothing was done to fix/change this.

1. They are very rare enemies (too rare). You can waste even 15 minutes on Plains of Eidolon before you will find even a single Dargyn Pilots.

2. They are often being killed together with destroyed Tusk Dargyns.

3. If pilots it's being killed with Tusk Dargyns then it's not counted as being killed before hitting the ground. Not only they are rare enemies, but after finding him you can be robbed from the chance of killing him for challenge.

Hop on a k-drive, scout around the area, you'll find them eventually. Grendel makes that task a breeze when they are on the ground - find, eat, launch into space. It counts. For flying ones, bring something with high rate of fire. When Dargyn is destroyed, pilot remains in the air for a brief moment, it doesn't fall instantly on the ground. I've been practicing that thing with Viper Wraith during PS. You can use whatever you like, again, if it has high rate of fire.

14 hours ago, TellyBelly said:

This is an absolutely frustrating riven to unveil. I currently have 3 and so far waste 1.5 hours trying to unveil one of them. I will be transmuting these S#&$ty riven requirements to a something else. DE, Fix this S#&$ already.

Read my comment above.

On 2021-09-07 at 3:13 AM, snoozecruise said:

Titania's Spellbind can actually be used on the Dargyn pilot while it's still in the vehicle, so you can suspend them while their vehicle goes flying off by itself. That said, I'm pretty sure a few times I've done this and it still didn't count for the challenge properly so there's still something weird going on here.

There used to be fixed, grounded Dargyn pilots in pairs, but for some reason DE decided to remove that. Now I fly around in archwing at normal speed around the sides of the map, looking for grounded ones. Also keep an ear open for that flying craft sound effect -- sometimes it's a dropship, but sometimes it's a Dargyn.

Archwing is too fast for scouting, use k-drive instead.

Just to add to this... This is my challenge... Kill 2 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground, while sliding. Sure let me just jump off this cliff. It's been 2 weeks I haven't got a single one. I'm sure I managed to shoot one pilot dead when standing and that didn't count so

Archived