Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion for Inaros Sandstorm

R34LM

I know Inaros gets a bad wrap for being the frame that doesn't have abilities, but I just had an idea that I wanted to share.

People enjoy the idea of grouping enemies together, so how about this:

You press the ability and you enter sandstorm. The first tweak is to increase the movement speed by X amount, doesn't have to be huge. Enemies within the range of the storm are locked in it like Zephyr's Tornado; they won't fly out, they are locked within the storm as you move. To add some team play, allow allies to shoot the sandstorm to deal damage to enemies within, again like Tornado.

But then, if you press the ability key to exit, it sucks all enemies trapped in the storm into a nice pile before you as you exit sandstorm (with a faster exit animation, I suggest). If you press and hold the ability, it will instead do its normal function and throw enemies away.

Primarily, it's just adding a grouping tool to the ability and some more controllable CC in general. It would synergize well with the Scarab Swarm since you can cast the swarm at the blob of enemies that you sucked in, allowing the swarm to spread rapidly and add quick healing. Then perhaps you use the storm again to fling them out into the oncoming crowd for more CC.

Just a thought.

First, make Sandstorm allow Inaros to move at x1.5 his Sprint Speed, so it's not a deadly sluggish sand'nado.

Allow Devour to be cast during Sandstorm and remove the "Hold forever to drag & devour", instead, Tap-Cast to entrap the enemy in sand (as it already is) and Hold-Cast so the enemy is pulled to you, gets pulled slightly faster to you during Sandstorm.

This way you can finally move with Sandstorm, pull in desired enemies, produce a few shadow clones and entrap other enemies.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2021-09-04 at 1:15 AM, R34LM said:

I know Inaros gets a bad wrap for being the frame that doesn't have abilities, but I just had an idea that I wanted to share.

People enjoy the idea of grouping enemies together, so how about this:

You press the ability and you enter sandstorm. The first tweak is to increase the movement speed by X amount, doesn't have to be huge. Enemies within the range of the storm are locked in it like Zephyr's Tornado; they won't fly out, they are locked within the storm as you move. To add some team play, allow allies to shoot the sandstorm to deal damage to enemies within, again like Tornado.

But then, if you press the ability key to exit, it sucks all enemies trapped in the storm into a nice pile before you as you exit sandstorm (with a faster exit animation, I suggest). If you press and hold the ability, it will instead do its normal function and throw enemies away.

Primarily, it's just adding a grouping tool to the ability and some more controllable CC in general. It would synergize well with the Scarab Swarm since you can cast the swarm at the blob of enemies that you sucked in, allowing the swarm to spread rapidly and add quick healing. Then perhaps you use the storm again to fling them out into the oncoming crowd for more CC.

Just a thought.

Thank you.  I strongly agree with you on this.  I play Inaros and it is annoying trying to kill enemies after sandstorm

• 5 months later...

Archived