Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe account corrupted?

(XBOX)LoneWolf9059

Question

So, when I install Warframe to my console it slows everything down and I constantly get the took too long to start message for ALL my digital games. Haven't been able to play it for about 2 weeks. When I uninstall and restart my console, my other games seem to work fine. I'm on the One s. Anyone else experience this or by chance, have a legit fix? I already deleted my save data and reserved space. But I also canceled my subscription to ultimate since that was probably the only online multiplayer game I played. It was actually. Could that affect it also? It's pretty annoying when you have 700 some-odd days logged in. I've never had this problem. Maybe I need to upgrade but people need to quit scalping so... 🤷🏾‍♂️

10 answers to this question

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Flannoit:

Only thing I can contribute, unfortunately, is that consoles DO need their online pass to play warframe. (Live, Plus, Nintendo Online) Not sure if the lack of them would stop you from being able to at least correctly download the game, though.

At least for the Switch this is not true. It's not required, I have no Nintendo Online and it works fine.
The PS version should work without it, too:

Zitat

DO I NEED A NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION TO PLAY?
Nope - freely enjoy our free game!

- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019816632-WARFRAME-ON-NINTENDO-SWITCH-FAQ

Zitat

Do I need PlayStation Plus to play Warframe?
PlayStation Plus is not required to play Warframe.

- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200444380-PS4-General-Information

For the Xbox version I´m not sure, since it once needed the Xbox Live Gold membership.

Zitat

Do I need a Xbox Live Gold account to play Warframe?

• Yes. All online games require an active Xbox Live membership.

- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203125410-Xbox-One-General-Information-FAQ

But Microsoft should have changed this in April 202:

Zitat

unknown.png

- https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/21/online-multiplayer-free-to-play-games-unlocked/

But for OPs problem:
I have no good answer since I have no Xbox. But have you tried saving the game on an external drive/not the internal one (the xbox storage can be expanded right?) or is there some storage optimizer/repair option to check the games files?

1 minute ago, Flannoit said:

This must be a more recent change, then. When I played on PS4 a few years back, I had to have a PS Plus subscription to be able to play.

At no point has PS ever required a subscription to play Warframe (or other F2P games). Something about wanting “free to play” to actually mean “free”. Xbox was the only one that did. Because “free to play” means something different there.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)LoneWolf9059 said:

When I uninstall and restart my console, my other games seem to work fine. I'm on the One s. Anyone else experience this or by chance, have a legit fix?

Reinstalling the game could fix it if you have corrupted files. If your other games are working fine your console probably hasn’t decided to die. A new console may fix the issue simply because you have a fresh install of the game.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

At no point has PS ever required a subscription to play Warframe (or other F2P games). Something about wanting “free to play” to actually mean “free”. Xbox was the only one that did. Because “free to play” means something different there.

Weird, I was specifically stopped from being able to play cos I didn't has Plus at the time. Oh well, that's an issue from the past either way.

12 hours ago, krc473 said:

Reinstalling the game could fix it if you have corrupted files. If your other games are working fine your console probably hasn’t decided to die. A new console may fix the issue simply because you have a fresh install of the game.

I've reinstalled multiple times. I open the game. Can probably play it one good time. And then everything goes to poo. ALL my games say took too long to start. Until I uninstall Warframe. And restart the console. Not even a hard reset. Or factory. Just restart. Which is what makes me feel like maybe my account is corrupted. Or just too much for my console to handle possibly? 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)LoneWolf9059 said:

I've reinstalled multiple times. I open the game. Can probably play it one good time. And then everything goes to poo. ALL my games say took too long to start. Until I uninstall Warframe. And restart the console. Not even a hard reset. Or factory. Just restart. Which is what makes me feel like maybe my account is corrupted. Or just too much for my console to handle possibly? 

Have you tried uninstalling another game instead? This really sounds like your console is running out of space more than anything else.

On 2021-09-05 at 7:30 AM, Leyvonne said:

Have you tried uninstalling another game instead? This really sounds like your console is running out of space more than anything else.

Yes. Plenty of space. I got rid of everything that may have had a corrupted save on it as that can cause the same issue from what I've read. Which lead me to Warframe. I've been gaming just fine. But as soon as I reinstall Warframe... Took too long to start. It may run once. But after that? Took too long to start. I have about 200 gb of free space. More actually. And Warframe really isn't that big of a download. Which leads me to assume that my account is the issue. 

Archived