Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a fun semi automatic secondary to use?

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

Exactly what the title says above! I'm looking to expand my arsenal a bit, but this time, I looking for something a little more on the fun side rather than something that is absolutely meta. What do you guys think?

I was thinking about building up the Lex Prime or the Aklex Prime because I love the noises they make but I want to hear what you guys think :)

14 answers to this question

Does the Angstrum Count ?

It's a charge weapon but unlike other charge weapons holding down the Trigger doesn't increase the damage of the Projectiles.... It simply unloads more rounds from the Magazine.... On a Full Charge you fire all the Rockets...

It probably doesn't count but you can pretend that it does 😛...

Lex Prime and Aklex Prime is okay I guess.... But real gunslingers keep it real with the Vasto and Akvasto Prime

Hard to go wrong with a Lex.

Euphona Prime is one of my favourites for non-hitscan semi-autos (though I use a Tombfinger kitgun for that nowadays). It's got a good sound, not unlike the Lex Prime, with a little added twirl.

Pandero (prime or otherwise) might also tickle your fancy. It's kind of a "Lex Light", more like a revolver with a fan-the-hammer function.

Absolutely Lex and Aklex Primes. I loved those pistols for the real feel they give you, and how you can just play around with them alone in mission trying to do nothing but body or headshots and miss no rounds per magazine. They feel like 1911's and they got just 8 rounds so they really fit the part. Plus they actually deal really good damage and they are the pocket snipers of the game.

Another would be Brakk but let's go further and add Pyrana Prime in there. Hopefully you have Azima as it's a pretty fun full auto login secondary. Also Twin Vipers Wraith have been a long time favorite of mine so please check them out. Only down side to them is that they don't perform the best until you have around 5-6 forma on them and all the maxed out mods that really boost them up.

Bolto and Akbolto were goods ones too just because you could staple enemies to walls, ceilings, and other enemies and that just reminds me so much of F.E.A.R.

If you haven't ever tried out Acrid, the pure toxin, O.G Dart gun from clan tech, it's an interesting corpus slayer.

Euphona Prime. basically a stronger but projectile based Lex Prime. Love how the shots arc as it flys at the enemy which also makes you compensate for the bullet drop.

Also try out Vaykor Marelok and Zylok. Zylok is a bit different than  your usual semi-auto.

Not everything I listed was semi-auto as some like the vipers were full auto, but that doesn't make them terrible for just having fun.

Zymos can be some nice clean fun, in a Cerebral Bore war crime kind of way :D

Akjagara Prime isn't too shabby for a gun slinger feel (it shipped with Mesa Prime after all), woo Slash procs.

If you're looking for something completely different, Sancti Castanas can be interesting.

Nidus Prime is coming with Magnus Prime, so that's something to look forward to, I guess.

My personal pick that's not too terrible would be akjagara. They're initially really decent so it won't take too much effort to make em good.

But for more subjective picks, aklex looks like robocop's guns (or desert eagles), and who could say no to cowboy style like akvasto. Disclaimer: i haven't actually tried to build decent guns out of em.

Sicarius ? is a robocop gun.  Fires 3 rounds per pull.  

Kuva Kraken is a nice single shot gun.  I ended up working on it more than I should have lol.  

Cyanex? isnt a semi auto pistol per say... it fires off a bunch of homing projectiles per pull but you control how many volleys to fire off.   In terms of fun tho its up there...   Not to mention its one of the most beautiful secondaries in the game <3

-------------------------

Is this to prepare for the Magnus Prime thats coming with Nidus ???   Secondaries in my opinion are hard to mod because there is so many mods to use before you even get to damage types.   

Side note.. whats the point of Lv40 gear if it has the same amount of mod space, what the hell is the extra capacity for?? 

The arca Sisco is interesting and can be fun,

I like the (k) brakk for its feel , a real hand cannon.

The tysis , when you want to spit at your enemies and add insult to injury (and even more injury) 

Sepulchrum when you want to create a seeking swarm of projectiles that explode.

(Vaykor) marelok when you wanna go old-school and feel like twirling your gun.

Archived