General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Valkyr Paralysis doing about 50% of the damage it should

Tiltskillet

Valkyr's Paralysis isn't causing the  proper amount of damage, or the game isn't calculating the damage multiplier in the Paralysis info screen correctly.  A base Valkyr Prime has 150 shields and should have a 3.5 damage multiplier according to the ability screen.  Against Infested Chargers with 0% impact resistance, 150 * 3.5 = 525 expected damage. Instead it inflicts 263 which is half.

If I change power strength and or shield capacity, it's not always exactly half, although it stays close.  Some examples:

shields / damage multiplier // expected damage / actual damage

150 / x12.95 // 1943 / 991

570 / x3.5 // 1995 / 1001

570 / x0.35 // 200 / 100  (power donation + overextended)

28 / x12.95 // 492 / 265 (extinguished dragon key)

Just in case the problem was with Infested Charger impact resistance, I checked against Bombards for Cloned Flesh, -25% Impact modifier

570 / x3.5 // 1496 / 751

Exactly 75% of the actual damage inflicted on the Chargers with the same shield/power strength configuration.  So not a hidden resistance problem.

• How can this bug be reproduced?

It's 100% reliably reproduced in the Simulacrum as far as I can tell.  I haven't attempted to test it in the wild.

• What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?

Solo.

• Can you share any images or a video of the bug?

I think I've described it well enough, but I'll provide video if needed.

• Making sure the issue still occurs in the game's current version is important so that we can be sure we aren't chasing old issues.

Hotfix 30.6.1

As an aside, I'll just mention that even if this bug gets fixed and the damage is doubled, the damage potential of this ability is very weak even with a highly specialized build to maximize it.   It would be great if somebody could look it over and make that multiplier more relevant for 2021, or give it some sort of enemy level scaling damage.