Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't reset my active power if I fall off the map.

CrazyCatLad

43 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

adding Ability reset on top of that just makes things Lob Sided

My statement was that the ability resets and voidout we get already is far better than in other games, where you might just die.
I'm on the side that thinks the current system is fine, it encourages active play and knowing map hazards - just that I dislike occasional voidouts that don't make sense (usually due to clipping teleport volumes).

I was just thinking about this (again) yesterday - With the new parazon mechanics, I was thinking it would be cool if your Warframe would automatically shoot your parazon off and yank you to where you left, Spidey Man style... During which, you would NOT reset, but WOULD experience the knock-down damage penalty (you get lit up when knocked down, typically)...

My main issue isnt falling off of maps, it's the times where you decide to traverse a pit in an area that looks reasonable and valid option to do so, and the game decides "Nope, not allowed" and yeets you back to where you were, even though I clearly had the momentum to safely reach the far side and continue the mission.

*Glares at numerous pits on Ceres while shaking a fist*

On 2021-09-12 at 7:05 AM, Learicorn said:

I'm ok with being punished for falling off the map, but having my abilities reset because i jumped a bit too high is plain stupid 

See this is something I'm more behind. There's a ton of ceiling-based voidouts that I would much prefer instead having invisible walls - the whole premise is falling off the map being punished, while punishing anyone who is utilizing mobility in this space ninja game can be mere pixels away from suffering the wraith of the upper vertical blackout.

Archived