Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Scope/Crosshair buff condition

KittySkin

Hello fello tennos!
I been trying to play around with both those mods, and I noticed that while they work pretty well on survivals (where enemies are going right to your face), they fail HARD on outside of this situations.
While I can get that the AIM condition its needed for balance, I think that replacing the "on headshot kill" to "on kill" or replacing with "killing an enemy that received a headshot" to keep the headshot theme on track, since it dont count procs that kill the enemy and on most situations you cant stack the mod.

Those are the only 2 galvanized mods that I cant seems to make work, how do you feel about them? Have you fitted them in a mod and managed to consistently keep them at max stacks or at least with 2 stacks all the time?

Headshots without zooming in are one of the funnest things in the game for me..  Even though the Galvanized crit mods are extremely powerful, as long as their bonuses are 100% exclusive to aimed shots, I will barely slot them on  anything but snipers.

Give them a smaller bonus on unaimed shots and I'll use them more.

9 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Switching weapons is too hard! /s

i think its partly due to some primary weapons have long reloads or low ammo reserves and merciless helps

Yeah but having your whole kit buffed 24/7 along with a free 20sec combo counter and vastly superior weapon swap speed just feels a whole lot more valueble. I cant remember when I last manually reloaded a gun in the game thanks to synth mods or felt I needed more ammo since vigilant supplies and mutations are exilus. I can see the use of merciless in combination with 1 weapon though, Shedu, since it frees up the mod slot otherwise needed for infinite ammo.

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I still wonder why people use merc over dex arcane. 

I use Dexterity more.  But I use Merciless a fair amount still because of its rank 5 bonuses, or when I feel like (or am forced into) playing without melee.

LOL Deadhead, obviously.

I cant remember when I last manually reloaded a gun in the game thanks to synth mods or felt I needed more ammo since vigilant supplies and mutations are exilus.

Sure, probably because you're not using your ranged weapon full time anyway.  And while I don't have any explosive weapons fit with arcane enhancements yet, I'd guess the max ammo bonus makes a big difference with what are often extremely low ammo weapons, and allows some options to use something besides ammo mutation / vigilante supplies in the exilus slot.

Currently I feel there are too many "on kill" conditions. It is great that weapons are more or less on par with melee and I do enjoy the idea of a weapon getting stronger as it is used, but with so many "on kill" buffs,  the jump in damage feels too great - first enemy takes a while (relatively speaking) and then they just start melting. It's a little too silly.

I'd prefer to see some of the Galvanized Mods, especially Galvanized Scope be switched to "On Headshot Hit" - this will help rapid fire weapons get a little closer to AoE.

While we're at it, change Galvanized Aptitude to "on hit" as well and take away the duration buff, like Condition Overload. Again, to help even the playing field a little between AoE and the rest of the pack,

4 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Kuva Bramma, you get reduced ammo pick ups from mutation mods. Not so much of an issue in survivals where there are an abundance of enemies but on non endless you sometime can run out

Well yeah I guess, though I wouldnt use Bramma over Zarr nowdays. Running around with a cannon that houses 5 shots before reload is imo cooler and more useful than running around with a baloon animal shotting Rambo arrows.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well yeah I guess, though I wouldnt use Bramma over Zarr nowdays. Running around with a cannon that houses 5 shots before reload is imo cooler and more useful than running around with a baloon animal shotting Rambo arrows.

Careful there, you almost sounded like you're having fun. We know how DE likes fun

1 minute ago, Silligoose said:

I'd prefer to see some of the Galvanized Mods, especially Galvanized Scope be switched to "On Headshot Hit"

Which would also be nice for weapons that tend to kill with status effects.   (Although  I'd  like DE to fix damage lethal status effects that proc off a headshot hit to work as headshot kills anyway.)

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Merciless needs to be changed from 3 and a bit seconds at max rank to 6 and a bit seconds at max rank

I've got mixed feelings about that.  It'd be  really great on conventional weapons.  I'd totally go off on it with Twin Kohmak and the like. But Merciless is already a tremendous boost for launcher spam, only barely reined in by the short buff duration.

They are fine if you use weapons that are single target and require aiming, (and actually do good damage)

Granted most players are allergic to things that have "single target" and "aiming" in them.

I liked using it on some of the semi auto weapons , makes me feel like I have some skill , I dont think they need significant changes. Maybe the reset only.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I still wonder why people use merc over dex arcane. 

Personally I hate reload time and to be using melees at all (since my hands have health issues and spamming a key its no fun for me).

3 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Restrictive aim down sights playstyle with an added ridiculous headshot kill without slash proc taking kill requirement mod isn't popular with a many players, shocker!

/s

Yeah, the issue with procs taking the kill are REALLY relevant on the mod usage. Moving the kill from "on headshot hit" alone would be great.

If im personally changing the mod, Ill be changing the bonus to be "On kill" and the added critical chance wont be linked to AIM DS, so if you dont aim, you get at least the 200% bonus from the on kill thing, and if you aim, you get the grand 320% total bonus. It rewards aiming, but dont force you into constant aim.

47 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

They are fine if you use weapons that are single target and require aiming, (and actually do good damage)

Granted most players are allergic to things that have "single target" and "aiming" in them.

I liked using it on some of the semi auto weapons , makes me feel like I have some skill

I understand that point of view, but I've generally felt more skillful when getting headshots without zooming in.   I guess the major exception is spray and pray pellet shotguns, where I just point them at head height and let loose.

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've got mixed feelings about that.  It'd be  really great on conventional weapons.  I'd totally go off on it with Twin Kohmak and the like. But Merciless is already a tremendous boost for launcher spam, only barely reined in by the short buff duration.

See that's the problem for me

Conventional, not-launcher weapons, really fall behind. Especially for Status based weapons it can be tough to get kills at a rate fast enough to offset the Merciless Stack Decay.

If only there was a way to buff Merciless for them, but Not Launchers.....

Perhaps there needs to be a 4th Gun Arcane, which is Type restricted to Non-AoE weapons?

and no, Dexterity and Deadhead are not always going to be viable alternatives.

Dexteriy requires you to Not Kill with your gun which is going entirely against the concept of increasing gun usage vs melee. in fact it's combo duration arguably buffs melee more than it does guns.... -I feel like Dex was invented purely to appease the backlash of melee players

Deadhead works for precision, high damage/ crit based weapons. but as with merciless, Status based weapons suffer for killing indirectly.

IDEA: the 4th gun arcane should focus on Status based weapons.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

If only there was a way to buff Merciless for them, but Not Launchers.....

Yeah.  It's tricky too in that it isn't just launchers that can go nuts with Merciless, it's also a few beam weapons and a few non-launcher weapons with some AoE shenanigans.

Maybe a few more seconds isn't such a big deal.  It might mean more to non-AoE weapons (and the weaker AoE weapons) than it does to those that already can get good uptime on the buffs anyway.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah.  It's tricky too in that it isn't just launchers that can go nuts with Merciless, it's also a few beam weapons and a few non-launcher weapons with some AoE shenanigans.

Maybe a few more seconds isn't such a big deal.  It might mean more to non-AoE weapons (and the weaker AoE weapons) than it does to those that already can get good uptime on the buffs anyway.

Really an increase of Duration wouldn't make Launchers any more OP than they already are, most of them hit max stacks and just stay there forever regardless.

Would definitely help the slower more conventional weapons though.

12 hours ago, KittySkin said:

Hello fello tennos!
I been trying to play around with both those mods, and I noticed that while they work pretty well on survivals (where enemies are going right to your face), they fail HARD on outside of this situations.
While I can get that the AIM condition its needed for balance, I think that replacing the "on headshot kill" to "on kill" or replacing with "killing an enemy that received a headshot" to keep the headshot theme on track, since it dont count procs that kill the enemy and on most situations you cant stack the mod.

Those are the only 2 galvanized mods that I cant seems to make work, how do you feel about them? Have you fitted them in a mod and managed to consistently keep them at max stacks or at least with 2 stacks all the time?

I think they're spot on. Just like everything Warframe, options are available for every circumstance. As you pointed out, high enemy presence means the crit mods will thrive. Less bulky areas will have other mods thrive. It's a great compromise, IMO

43 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Really an increase of Duration wouldn't make Launchers any more OP than they already are, most of them hit max stacks and just stay there forever regardless.

Would definitely help the slower more conventional weapons though.

Another issue on conventional weapons its the need of dedicated punch through.

If they add innate 2m PT to all non AOE weapons, that alone would be gold, since a single bullet could at least potentially hit more than a single target without us needing to add a mod just for that.

I play lots of survival on steel path and I noticed that its impossible to keep up with life support (Ani) using my tenora prime without primed shred. The fact that with good positioning all my shots hit at least 3 enemies its a BIG factor, since its 3x DPS applied to separate targets instead of hitting the same thing 3 times harder.

One of the issues is that secondary guns and shotguns dont have a good PT mod, seeking fury its at least not terrible, but the PT it provides its not enough and the reload speed bonus its S#&$ compared to the ROF bonus shred provides (the other dual stat mod that provides PT).

Secondaries dont even have that option.

Primed Seeking Fury could help A LOT on the shotgun end since most shotguns reloads a lot, but secondaries need indeed a new mod to alleviate the issue.

Archived