Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Scope/Crosshair buff condition

KittySkin

Just now, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think they're spot on. Just like everything Warframe, options are available for every circumstance. As you pointed out, high enemy presence means the crit mods will thrive. Less bulky areas will have other mods thrive. It's a great compromise, IMO

One small detail. Galvanized crits are the only galvanized mods whos stacks last 12 seconds. Also the stacks have individual times unlike the rest that have a unified timer and you lost a stack every 20 seconds.

Even at high density areas they are not good compared to the other mods, since the stacks last both less time AND are also lost way faster since you can lost all stacks in 12 seconds or even lost stacks while still killing with headshots.

Those mods needs to be at least fixed on that end so if they have a 12 seconds stack timer, at least you lost a stack every 12 seconds of not headshot killing instead of a stack every 12 seconds regardless of what youre doing.

18 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

Survival solo steel path you need to kill fast...merciless helps a lot with bramma/ogris/trumna/lenz....etc

I guess in cases where you are hellbent on running a single weapon only or in a case where you run pure ranged for reasons like @KittySkinmentions, which is understandable. But if you run 2 weapons or your whole kit regularly the dex arcane will be better. At that point neither reload or ammo capacity should matter and you'll have far more perks with dex, like 20 second stacks, less stacks needed for peak performance, and the option to completely drop combo duration mods for your melee elsewhere. And even if you never ever wanna get into melee range, dex still serves better since you have access to things like gunblades and glaives that easily gets you that kill you need each 20sec. Bramma and Lenz would be the only 2 that really needs merc, since they have horrible ammo maximum. All other weapons should be covered by synth mods so you always have ammo ready in a mixed build.

And that is probably why I really dislike merc, since it doesnt allow me to utilize my whole kit seamlessly. If they made it so kills with a weapon equipped with merc fueled the other merc arcane equipped aswell I might consider using it outside of on a few very specific weapons that I barely use anyway. But as it is now, with a 4 second duration I'll have to pass.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I guess in cases where you are hellbent on running a single weapon only or in a case where you run pure ranged for reasons like @KittySkinmentions, which is understandable. But if you run 2 weapons or your whole kit regularly the dex arcane will be better. At that point neither reload or ammo capacity should matter and you'll have far more perks with dex, like 20 second stacks, less stacks needed for peak performance, and the option to completely drop combo duration mods for your melee elsewhere. And even if you never ever wanna get into melee range, dex still serves better since you have access to things like gunblades and glaives that easily gets you that kill you need each 20sec. Bramma and Lenz would be the only 2 that really needs merc, since they have horrible ammo maximum. All other weapons should be covered by synth mods so you always have ammo ready in a mixed build.

And that is probably why I really dislike merc, since it doesnt allow me to utilize my whole kit seamlessly. If they made it so kills with a weapon equipped with merc fueled the other merc arcane equipped aswell I might consider using it outside of on a few very specific weapons that I barely use anyway. But as it is now, with a 4 second duration I'll have to pass.

100% agree with you on this. Merc its nice if you play around a single ranged weapon and the rest of your gear its the extra.

I mainly play with my weapons and my frames are more of a tool to help where the weapons fail, so merc for me its actually really nice, specially because how much I despise melee (even when I first started playing the game because ninjas and melee combat in space haha)

On 2021-09-05 at 9:21 AM, KittySkin said:

While I can get that the AIM condition its needed for balance, I think that replacing the "on headshot kill" to "on kill" or replacing with "killing an enemy that received a headshot" to keep the headshot theme on track, since it dont count procs that kill the enemy and on most situations you cant stack the mod.

ok, I'm posting 2 images, one have a single target weapon and another a AOE weapon. For me it is way more easy to proc the head shot kill if I use corrosive/fire ( that deals a lot of damage) so...

bramma — ImgBB (ibb.co)

flux — ImgBB (ibb.co)

i want to explain the diferences because I see a lot of people using merciles with single target weapons and it is not efficient in any way.
you can also use dexterity and buff both weapons at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Animalon29 said:

ok, I'm posting 2 images, one have a single target weapon and another a AOE weapon. For me it is way more easy to proc the head shot kill if I use corrosive/fire ( that deals a lot of damage) so...

bramma — ImgBB (ibb.co)

flux — ImgBB (ibb.co)

i want to explain the diferences because I see a lot of people using merciles with single target weapons and it is not efficient in any way.
you can also use dexterity and buff both weapons at the same time.

How is this related to the quoted replay?

And unless you cant kill something for 4 seconds, merciless can be keept at max stacks forever too. Some people simply dont like forced AIM down sight to get a damage bonus (and its not a surprise since it takes away 100% of frame's mobility and destroy periferical view).

The maim issue with galvanized crit mods is that they dont share the stack timers between stacks and all stacks have a separate timer, so you can not only lost all stacks in 12 seconds, but you can also lost stacks while killing enemies and fulfilling the stack gain requirment.

Archived