Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave's 3 Index missions

Radu955

In case you don't know one this week's nightwave missions is to complete 3 index runs in a row without the enemy scoring once. It's pretty hard to do it even once because using abilities is almost impossible since your energy is being drained almost all the time but doing this 3 times and in a row is just impossible. What the fk were the devs thinking? Who tf can complete this impossible mission? Who's the fking idiot who thought this would be possible? Maybe a few people can do it but from what I've seen the majority can't.

It can be hard if you don’t know one of those tricks to do this with a team. Join a good team and learn how some players get this done with a proper team build with skills. One common way to prevent them from getting any points is for at least one player to defend at their scoring  spot.

10 minutes ago, Radu955 said:

In case you don't know one this week's nightwave missions is to complete 3 index runs in a row without the enemy scoring once. It's pretty hard to do it even once because using abilities is almost impossible since your energy is being drained almost all the time but doing this 3 times and in a row is just impossible. What the fk were the devs thinking? Who tf can complete this impossible mission? Who's the fking idiot who thought this would be possible? Maybe a few people can do it but from what I've seen the majority can't.

This is more than enough (difference would you recruit ppl or go with random is how long u will stay in index regardless if you defend your goal with limbo you cant lose)
SnwmQxB.png

Essentially you just need one player defending.

Limbo is the best choice since he can freeze the area with his 4 and 2 combo. This is how I tend to do this one.

Other than that. Nova has her 4 which should slow enemies. Khora has her 4 which should stop enemies. Frost's Chilling Globe will also freeze but it's cutting it close.

Most frames should be able to do it. It's more about the defender being aware of their surroundings and using enemy radar. 

36 minutes ago, Radu955 said:

Hey man, message me in game. I got a special setup with Khora. We'll do it together in one try.

Hello. 

I do this solo whenever it comes up. With some planning and prep, I think my method can be replicated for other solo players. I use Gara with a Cedo, Tenet Cycron (Kuva Nukor will work), your fav/best melee. I alt between Stropha/Tenet Livia. Pick the easiest Index tier since you aren't in it for credits, just Nightwave. Basic strategy is to cast your Mass Vitrify (remember to jump up to get height, and create a barrier that should block entry to your goal area. Then place your Spectrorage around the goal as well, for extra layer of security. Since you usually have to wait for some Energy to spawn, to do this, by the time I finish, some enemies are usually on their way, so I'll stay on defense so they don't do too much damage to Mass Vitrify Glass Walls. 

At first it can be tricky, as far as timing and knowing when to leave to get more energy, when to score a goal, I failed the first time I attempted, but after that was pretty chill and relaxing affair. I recommend people give it a try or build your owns strategy. Oh the outside/white map feels "easier" but might just be personal preference. Could also be even easier ways, I hear people mention Limbo a lot, but I suck at Limbo, Gara is pretty easy in my experiences. Oh having Zenurik school definitely helps out though too, as does having Magus Lockdown. 

Try not put too much pressure on yourselves, plus ultimately its just one challenge. Also I can see how people are annoyed by it as well. Good luck either way! 

1 hour ago, Radu955 said:

do low risk
say in recuting chat doing low risk index for NW challange
have like a gara on the team to keep enemies out
stay near your spawn/enemy scoring goal an kill what comes an have someone who can pick up points an score them

easy an no stress

It's one of the few Nightwave tasks I tend to do in a group. Doing it solo is possible, but the specters do sometimes feed

just grab 3 randos from recruiting chat and go low index. It helps if you do it in the beginning of the week - since more of the better players will still be looking  for a squad do the task with.

It's indeed easier if you have a goalie (khora/limbo, maybe gara), but it's really not necessary. Decent-level players should not be dying in 3 rounds of low index, so you just need to be careful to pick up all the points that drop from enemies you kill

Easy way to do this:
Do low risk (no need to do higher)
Have someone in the group play as an atlas with the fracture augment
Surround the score zone with 3 walls so that enemies physically can't enter the score zone
Occasionally (as in once per match or so) replace walls in case AoEs damaged them

Enemies can't score because they literally can't enter the score area.
Doesn't matter how braindead your human, or specter, party members are.
You don't need to worry about duration or anything really for the atlas build which makes it extremely cheap and easy to build into.  You just need the fracture augment.

1 hour ago, Radu955 said:

It can be frustrating if you're unprepared.  It's probably one of the most demanding NW challenges still in the game.

I recommend utilizing recruit chat.  The ideal team is probably:

• Mid range Limbo w/ high duration and Natural Talent for minimal Stasis/Cataclysm downtime
  • Point carrier tank, Rhino or Revenant are easiest

Then whatever DPS, support, or added CC you want.  I see a lot of Mesa.  I would advise against using Vauban, as his Vortex can pull the enemy point carriers into scoring position.

Do low risk index, as your primary goal isn't likely to be the credits.  And having easier enemies will make it faster.

IMO, the best way to do it is with Khora. She can be goal keeper and carrier at the same time. Strangledome works very reliably and you don't see some weird stuff like Raptor and 002-ER defying rules and flying through Cataclysm and turning in points. The mod Fetch (which you put on Venari) can suck up all the Index points instantly.

My Khora uses Equilibrium, Dispensary, Venari with Synth mods and Fetch and a Cerata to insta-kill large groups of enemies. Put up a Strangledome, go kill 10 guys with Cerata, turn in and put up Strangledome again before it times out.

for challenges like this that are boring and stressful, I recommend doing it as soon as possible. Index is the worst mini-game in warframe and should be done as soon as possible. Usually the most boring challenges are the first ones to be done as soon as they appear in nw. The later you do it the worse....you won't find players because they've already got rid of the worst task of the nightwave.

12 minutes ago, nslay said:

He does work pretty well! Though I've personally seen Raptor RX and 002-ER fly through Cataclysm (as if it were nothing!) and turn in points several times before.

Never happened to me , are you keeping eye on stasis timer ? it has shorter duration then cataclysm .

Just now, bad4youLT said:

Never happened to me , are you keeping eye on stasis timer ? it has shorter duration then cataclysm .

Oh yeah! I switched from Limbo to Khora for this challenge precisely because I did see a 002-ER just casually fly through Cataclysm and turn in as though Cataclysm weren't even there. And it isn't the first time I've seen it happen... It is rare, but it can somehow happen.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Radu955:

What the fk were the devs thinking? Who tf can complete this impossible mission? Who's the fking idiot who thought this would be possible? Maybe a few people can do it but from what I've seen the majority can't.

1st question: They wanted YOU to think, because if you have knowledge about Warframe, this is not too hard to figure out (spoiler: Limbo or Khora)

2nd question: Limbo and Khora easily, others as well

3rd question: Hmm.... maybe, just maybe think before you post, because this is starting to reflect badly on you. If you would have asked this as a question and not posted a rant, you would look smarter.

4th question: Then the majority should ask as well or just google a solution (which takes 3 seconds tops)

Archived