Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave's 3 Index missions

Radu955

it's doable with fraems like Khora or Limbo, it just requires them to stay by the enemy goal and keep the CC up.

as a mostly Solo player though I tend to avoid this one, as I'm not a fan of the Index. still, 7000 standing isn't a huge loss, since this "intermission that's totally not an intermission" is likely to go on until the holidays knowing DE, so missing one or two Elite objectives isn't the end of the world. 

3 hours ago, Radu955 said:

In case you don't know one this week's nightwave missions is to complete 3 index runs in a row without the enemy scoring once. It's pretty hard to do it even once because using abilities is almost impossible since your energy is being drained almost all the time but doing this 3 times and in a row is just impossible. What the fk were the devs thinking? Who tf can complete this impossible mission? Who's the fking idiot who thought this would be possible? Maybe a few people can do it but from what I've seen the majority can't.

Oh dear you just made a very big mistake.

Ide just delete this thread or change the title to "Warframe the most perfect game ever" 

I find it pretty boring to defend the scoring location because most squads are so pro at finding and killing the enemies.

By the time you get to the third run, Gara's shield can be broken.  Khora is better guard.  Limbo is okay.  But I run around on my Zephyr with Sevagoth's gloom ability on it and never let them get near scoring.  

Khora is tanky (her base armor is 275!). You really can simultaneously use her as a carrier for modest amounts of index points. Put the Strangledome up, kill a handful of guys, turn in and respawn where you need to recast Strangledome. You can do this all within the time before your existing Strangledome expires.

4 hours ago, Radu955 said:

In case you don't know one this week's nightwave missions is to complete 3 index runs in a row without the enemy scoring once. It's pretty hard to do it even once because using abilities is almost impossible since your energy is being drained almost all the time but doing this 3 times and in a row is just impossible. What the fk were the devs thinking? Who tf can complete this impossible mission? Who's the fking idiot who thought this would be possible? Maybe a few people can do it but from what I've seen the majority can't.

It's doable with an Organised squad.... The tricky part is trying to do it Solo when you are forced to have AI partners...

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hello. 

I do this solo whenever it comes up. With some planning and prep, I think my method can be replicated for other solo players. I use Gara with a Cedo, Tenet Cycron (Kuva Nukor will work), your fav/best melee. I alt between Stropha/Tenet Livia. Pick the easiest Index tier since you aren't in it for credits, just Nightwave. Basic strategy is to cast your Mass Vitrify (remember to jump up to get height, and create a barrier that should block entry to your goal area. Then place your Spectrorage around the goal as well, for extra layer of security. Since you usually have to wait for some Energy to spawn, to do this, by the time I finish, some enemies are usually on their way, so I'll stay on defense so they don't do too much damage to Mass Vitrify Glass Walls. 

At first it can be tricky, as far as timing and knowing when to leave to get more energy, when to score a goal, I failed the first time I attempted, but after that was pretty chill and relaxing affair. I recommend people give it a try or build your owns strategy. Oh the outside/white map feels "easier" but might just be personal preference. Could also be even easier ways, I hear people mention Limbo a lot, but I suck at Limbo, Gara is pretty easy in my experiences. Oh having Zenurik school definitely helps out though too, as does having Magus Lockdown. 

Try not put too much pressure on yourselves, plus ultimately its just one challenge. Also I can see how people are annoyed by it as well. Good luck either way! 

And people say Warframe is too easy.... This is real End Game 😲 !!!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

It's doable with an Organised squad.... The tricky part is trying to do it Solo when you are forced to have AI partners...

I have a strategy that has never failed me so far. It's a bit tricky to pull off, so I'll try to explain it as thoroughly as possible:

Step 1: Queue for the lowest Index using public matchmaking in the week the challenge is on, preferably with something useful like Limbo.

Step 2: There is no step 2. Just do the mission.

Seriously, everyone and their mother is doing the challenges. Just do a public game on the node where you think it's easiest to do and you'll almost certainly match with three other people who thought the same thing. If you have trouble finding all the caches, just do Earth Sabotage and you'll be in a group with two MR30s looking for caches (and an MR0 who doesn't know what's happening). Need help doing Orokin Vaults in the Derelict? Do the Capture in a public game, there will be three other people with Dragon Keys there.

24 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I have a strategy that has never failed me so far. It's a bit tricky to pull off, so I'll try to explain it as thoroughly as possible:

Step 1: Queue for the lowest Index using public matchmaking in the week the challenge is on, preferably with something useful like Limbo.

Step 2: There is no step 2. Just do the mission.

Seriously, everyone and their mother is doing the challenges. Just do a public game on the node where you think it's easiest to do and you'll almost certainly match with three other people who thought the same thing. If you have trouble finding all the caches, just do Earth Sabotage and you'll be in a group with two MR30s looking for caches (and an MR0 who doesn't know what's happening). Need help doing Orokin Vaults in the Derelict? Do the Capture in a public game, there will be three other people with Dragon Keys there.

You're probably right ... However as a general rule of practice I never mention Random Public Squads....

Anything can could happen therefore anything probably will happen....

well as i see this task i simply say well i can ignore it know why because like last nightwave intermission who can say how long this goes and how many points of that are even needed to max rang 90 or whatever for me only the 30 counts.
but well that i dont like it does not mean i could not do it

The OP's absolute outrage at how "impossible" this mission is, is kind of hilarious.

I can only reiterate what others have stated: The goal is for enemies not to score, to defend the turn-in point. The squad needs to ensure someone defends. Using a defensive frame makes it easier, or even trivial. 

As I'm typing this (and I don't mean to offend, but given the tone of the original post   don't really care if it is found as such), I wonder how big a role players like these have played in how easy Warframe is.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Easy way to do this:
Do low risk (no need to do higher)
Have someone in the group play as an atlas with the fracture augment
Surround the score zone with 3 walls so that enemies physically can't enter the score zone
Occasionally (as in once per match or so) replace walls in case AoEs damaged them

Enemies can't score because they literally can't enter the score area.
Doesn't matter how braindead your human, or specter, party members are.
You don't need to worry about duration or anything really for the atlas build which makes it extremely cheap and easy to build into.  You just need the fracture augment.

Interesting

I've always just used Limbo

but Atlas sounds like a lower-stress method, since you don't have to babysit the expiration timers of your Stasis and Cataclysm -sometimes that can get hairy if there's enemies around at the wrong instant.

6 hours ago, Radu955 said:

Don't worry, mate. Warframe is a constant cycles of getting frustrated of a mode mechanic, then learning the cheese, then you curse and swear because it's so easy.

There are a couple methods to do this. But my personal pick is limbo with a decent range (around 100%), maxed duration, and maxed casting time. Then just sit and guard your goal, keep casting 2 and 4, the maxed cast time will be very helpful here.

It would be really awesome if you have reliable friends, but randoms will do just fine -they're always so eager to score anyway, with you out of the way, they can manage their index slightly better. If you do opted for pubs, just do the low risk. The easier it is for the randoms, the better.

Don't forget to always have fun, tenno!

7 hours ago, Radu955 said:

Lol. Just use Limbo. Not only does he have CC but he also comes built in with natural energy regeneration. Its boring but all you do is plop a small cataclysm on the goal where the enemy needs to score then let your team do all the scoring. Even solo with AI, your team will just keep on scoring because all the enemies are caught in your cataclysm and cannot score. Just run the clock with that. Don't worry about energy. Limbo will never run out.

10 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Interesting

I've always just used Limbo

but Atlas sounds like a lower-stress method, since you don't have to babysit the expiration timers of your Stasis and Cataclysm -sometimes that can get hairy if there's enemies around at the wrong instant.

The main reason I use atlas as opposed to Limbo is that I don't have to care about timers or anything else.
Once I've set up the three walls I'm done.  No timers no anything else.  I can just focus on capturing points and doing anything else needed without a care in the world.
I only just recast the 3 walls every so often as a precautionary "Just in case they are hurt..." though I have gone through entire 3 round matches without ever needing to recast.

The only "trick" to this method is the positioning: Stand on the circle inside the point area, near the edge opposite of the back pillar.  Just cast your 3 walls in the three directions not covered by that pillar and you've won.  Nothing is getting in there to score.
Come by occasionally to kill enemies that are pushing against the wall but that their AI can't figure out they need to destroy the wall to actually score.

I've tried Limbo and Khora and a few others but ultimately just settled on Atlas as it gives me the freedom to just play the match without caring if my teammates are complete idiots who can't/refuse to score points for some reason (I've been in a match with someone who would only score if they have 50 points on them....) and without having to worry "Is my ability about to go down?"

Banshee is a wonderful frame for Index no-score since the introduction of Helminth and Sevagoth. Just replace her #1 with Gloom and you have some really good debuffs and CC in a high strength Sonar build. It is a safe frame to bring since she can defend well in groups if you have no Limbo or Gara present, and she is a massive center control frames and debuffer if you have another dedicated defender.

Gloom+Silence and Sonar just helps the whole team wreck. I used to love Nova for the same use, but Banshee just takes that spot now with access to Gloom.

I'm going to have to try Atlas. That sounds really cool and I'm all for trying weird stuff in Index!

Anyway, you don't need a team comp. Team comps haven't mattered (at all) for most of the game for quite a while now. You can both defend and carry points solo or as part of a team with ease. I did it with Khora here:

Spoiler

And yes, this is easily done in High Risk Index too (though the video would be 2x longer!). I'm sure it can be done with Limbo and apparently Atlas! Though Limbo is quite delicate... I like that Khora can benefit from Fetch and just vacuum up the Index points! Oh right, Auditor seems unaffected by Strangledome. So still be careful with Khora...

Those weird Index weapons I use will take you to John Prodman in Steel Path Index (solo)... they're not some random junk I put on Khora.

Archived